Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 55478/22/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.post #3078 of 55478/22/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.post #3079 of 55478/23/12 at 12:54amQuote:
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.post #3080 of 55478/23/12 at 1:09amQuote:
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.post #3081 of 55478/23/12 at 1:57amQuote:
headstage arrow has thisQuote:
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp itpost #3082 of 55478/23/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.post #3083 of 55478/23/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.post #3084 of 55478/23/12 at 7:10amVolume matched with the low gain? If not the immediate increase in volume you hear will give the perception of more treble due to the loudness curve. This is also why V shaped earphones can make a better perceived low volume listening experience.post #3085 of 55478/23/12 at 7:28amQuote:
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.post #3086 of 55478/23/12 at 7:56am
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
Quote:post #3087 of 55478/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.post #3088 of 55478/23/12 at 8:14am
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
Quote:post #3089 of 55478/23/12 at 8:19amQuote:
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.post #3090 of 55478/23/12 at 8:52am
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4rReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 1 second ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 57 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD-650 - Free Shipping *** SOLD *** 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse