Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 55038/22/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.post #3078 of 55038/22/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.post #3079 of 55038/23/12 at 12:54amQuote:
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.post #3080 of 55038/23/12 at 1:09amQuote:
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.post #3081 of 55038/23/12 at 1:57amQuote:
headstage arrow has thisQuote:
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp itpost #3082 of 55038/23/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.post #3083 of 55038/23/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.post #3084 of 55038/23/12 at 7:10amVolume matched with the low gain? If not the immediate increase in volume you hear will give the perception of more treble due to the loudness curve. This is also why V shaped earphones can make a better perceived low volume listening experience.post #3085 of 55038/23/12 at 7:28amQuote:
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.post #3086 of 55038/23/12 at 7:56am
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
Quote:post #3087 of 55038/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.post #3088 of 55038/23/12 at 8:14am
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
Quote:post #3089 of 55038/23/12 at 8:19amQuote:
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.post #3090 of 55038/23/12 at 8:52am
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4rReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Three Word Story 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › On ear / over ear recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2