Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 55508/22/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.post #3078 of 55508/22/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.post #3079 of 55508/23/12 at 12:54amQuote:
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.post #3080 of 55508/23/12 at 1:09amQuote:
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.post #3081 of 55508/23/12 at 1:57amQuote:
headstage arrow has thisQuote:
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp itpost #3082 of 55508/23/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.post #3083 of 55508/23/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.post #3084 of 55508/23/12 at 7:10amVolume matched with the low gain? If not the immediate increase in volume you hear will give the perception of more treble due to the loudness curve. This is also why V shaped earphones can make a better perceived low volume listening experience.post #3085 of 55508/23/12 at 7:28amQuote:
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.post #3086 of 55508/23/12 at 7:56am
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
Quote:post #3087 of 55508/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.post #3088 of 55508/23/12 at 8:14am
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
Quote:post #3089 of 55508/23/12 at 8:19amQuote:
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.post #3090 of 55508/23/12 at 8:52am
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4rReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Bump Fender FXA7 "PRICE DROP!" 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Have you blown a headphone ? About tolerances, rated power and... 55 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C200 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Request for help - Looking for someone to help me understand the... 1 minute ago
- › 12/4 updated Fostex, AIAIAI, Ultrasone 750, Sol, yamaha, Beats... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear