Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 55008/22/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.post #3078 of 55008/22/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.post #3079 of 55008/23/12 at 12:54amQuote:
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.post #3080 of 55008/23/12 at 1:09amQuote:
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.post #3081 of 55008/23/12 at 1:57amQuote:
headstage arrow has thisQuote:
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp itpost #3082 of 55008/23/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.post #3083 of 55008/23/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.post #3084 of 55008/23/12 at 7:10amVolume matched with the low gain? If not the immediate increase in volume you hear will give the perception of more treble due to the loudness curve. This is also why V shaped earphones can make a better perceived low volume listening experience.post #3085 of 55008/23/12 at 7:28amQuote:
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.post #3086 of 55008/23/12 at 7:56am
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
Quote:post #3087 of 55008/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.post #3088 of 55008/23/12 at 8:14am
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
Quote:post #3089 of 55008/23/12 at 8:19amQuote:
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.post #3090 of 55008/23/12 at 8:52am
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4rReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 18 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › ODAC RCA 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 2 minutes ago
- › Help! Broken Band on my headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 10 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 12 minutes ago
- › Indonesia's Meet With John Frank and Rob Watts at Locanda Cafe,... 13 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 15 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2