- 9 Posts. Joined 2/2009
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 196post #2926 of 55506/23/12 at 10:55amThanks a lot guys for confirming.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 55506/23/12 at 1:42pmpost #2928 of 55506/23/12 at 3:26pmQuote:
I like saying I have the bullets in my ears over saying I have oval tips. It just sounds more bada** and it's shorter.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #2929 of 55506/23/12 at 8:06pmQuote:
Besides, they are not oval at all (unlike the Klipsch ovals). They are round.post #2930 of 55506/23/12 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by JeremypspQuote:
Besides, they are not oval at all (unlike the Klipsch ovals). They are round.
That is true. They are sharper (and more bullet-tip like). Also hard silicone. It does remind me of a bullet (tip) though.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this messagepost #2931 of 55506/24/12 at 3:26pmpost #2932 of 55506/24/12 at 7:05pmpost #2933 of 55506/25/12 at 3:02ampost #2934 of 55506/25/12 at 5:08amQuote:
I personally like the hippo box+ and iBasso D-zero for the W4 in that price range.post #2935 of 55506/25/12 at 8:01pm
Just an interesting tidbit, the Westone 4 are still the only universal IEM that I carry around in my pocket when I'm walking around each day. That's a year and a half later and I feel no need to replace them with anything else. At home I usually only use my Westone ES5 though.post #2936 of 55507/2/12 at 11:35pmpost #2937 of 55507/3/12 at 12:50ampost #2938 of 55507/3/12 at 2:00amThere is a lot to like about the the Westone 4/4R but one thing that bugs me is the lack of transparency and false timbre. Pianos have a plastic sound to them, a grand piano sound like a honky tonk one. I hear it with guitars and violins too. Its not my particular pair of earphones I had the W4 and now the W4R and it's the same with both. If there is a universal like the W4 but with the timbre and transparency of the Grado GR10 I'd like to know what it is.post #2939 of 55507/3/12 at 2:31am
Not that I believe in such but have you looked at a different cable for the w4r? Might make a difference. Someone a while ago was singing the praises of one called baldur mkII or something like that. Just a thought.post #2940 of 55507/3/12 at 4:15amQuote:Originally Posted by dwizard
There is a lot to like about the the Westone 4/4R but one thing that bugs me is the lack of transparency and false timbre. Pianos have a plastic sound to them, a grand piano sound like a honky tonk one. I hear it with guitars and violins too. Its not my particular pair of earphones I had the W4 and now the W4R and it's the same with both. If there is a universal like the W4 but with the timbre and transparency of the Grado GR10 I'd like to know what it is.
how is it's timbre compared to the ex1000 and fx700?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 7 seconds ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 44 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! Fostex TH610 Premium Reference Closed-Back Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Rampant scammers on amazon 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics 1Plus and ASG-B for sale.All accessories and will post... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 Earphones - New Release 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear