The orange color matches the orange "iPod" icon on the iPad's screen. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get some used Westone 3's at a price I can afford
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 2post #16 of 555412/11/10 at 6:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 555412/11/10 at 6:15pmpost #18 of 555412/11/10 at 6:57pm
The thing that makes me think it's a 4 is the angle of the black part that protrudes into the orange. On the W3s it's more rounded looking, plus the lines don't connect that deep into the red shapepost #19 of 555412/11/10 at 7:12pmpost #20 of 555412/11/10 at 7:21pmpost #21 of 555412/12/10 at 7:43amThread StarterCould someone use a software to blow the image and enhance the resolution somehow?
I'm sure someone on Head-fi would have the tools. My monitor is not helping eitherpost #22 of 555412/12/10 at 8:46amQuote:
I'm almost positive it is a 4....post #23 of 555412/12/10 at 8:51am
I need these! At first I thought it could have been the limited edition W3's based on the colour but after double checking they look totally different.
I'd sell my 3's straight away for 4 drivers... could be waiting forever though!post #24 of 555412/12/10 at 11:03am
Being that I just bought the W3, I'm not sure how to take this news. On the plus side though, I only use IEMs while commuting so the sound quality of a W4 would probably exceed my needs.post #25 of 555412/12/10 at 11:06ampost #26 of 555412/12/10 at 2:41pm
It definitely looks like a 4 to me. I'm no expert, but just playing with some basic photo editing tools I was able to make the 4 more visible.
C'mon Flavio, You must have a contact at Westone that can confirm that a W4 is in the works. We're counting on you to get to the bottom of this.post #27 of 555412/12/10 at 3:24pmThread StarterThat looks much sharper now and it does look like a 4.
I do know people at Westone but wouldn't count on any of them to "deliver" their CEO unless they are authorized to disclose that. Manufacturers are very secretive about what they are working on until they feel "safe" to announce it.
Because of CES's being in early January I'd expect any announcement during that trade show. IF the product is "close enough" to be shipped by summer or something. Specially after the delays they had with the "3" I bet they'd be much more careful about making any announcements.
Edited by Flavio T - 12/12/10 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 555412/12/10 at 6:20pmpost #29 of 555412/13/10 at 12:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Meier Corda StageDAC (Black) 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Need help with choosing Dac/amp for AKG K712 Pro 25 seconds ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Refurbished Audeze LCD-2's (Bamboo and Microsuede) and Schiit... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear