The orange color matches the orange "iPod" icon on the iPad's screen. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get some used Westone 3's at a price I can afford
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread - Page 2post #16 of 550412/11/10 at 6:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 550412/11/10 at 6:15pmpost #18 of 550412/11/10 at 6:57pm
The thing that makes me think it's a 4 is the angle of the black part that protrudes into the orange. On the W3s it's more rounded looking, plus the lines don't connect that deep into the red shapepost #19 of 550412/11/10 at 7:12pmpost #20 of 550412/11/10 at 7:21pmpost #21 of 550412/12/10 at 7:43amThread StarterCould someone use a software to blow the image and enhance the resolution somehow?
I'm sure someone on Head-fi would have the tools. My monitor is not helping eitherpost #22 of 550412/12/10 at 8:46amQuote:
I'm almost positive it is a 4....post #23 of 550412/12/10 at 8:51am
I need these! At first I thought it could have been the limited edition W3's based on the colour but after double checking they look totally different.
I'd sell my 3's straight away for 4 drivers... could be waiting forever though!post #24 of 550412/12/10 at 11:03am
Being that I just bought the W3, I'm not sure how to take this news. On the plus side though, I only use IEMs while commuting so the sound quality of a W4 would probably exceed my needs.post #25 of 550412/12/10 at 11:06ampost #26 of 550412/12/10 at 2:41pm
It definitely looks like a 4 to me. I'm no expert, but just playing with some basic photo editing tools I was able to make the 4 more visible.
C'mon Flavio, You must have a contact at Westone that can confirm that a W4 is in the works. We're counting on you to get to the bottom of this.post #27 of 550412/12/10 at 3:24pmThread StarterThat looks much sharper now and it does look like a 4.
I do know people at Westone but wouldn't count on any of them to "deliver" their CEO unless they are authorized to disclose that. Manufacturers are very secretive about what they are working on until they feel "safe" to announce it.
Because of CES's being in early January I'd expect any announcement during that trade show. IF the product is "close enough" to be shipped by summer or something. Specially after the delays they had with the "3" I bet they'd be much more careful about making any announcements.
Edited by Flavio T - 12/12/10 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 550412/12/10 at 6:20pmpost #29 of 550412/13/10 at 12:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Beyerdynamic T1 + DT990 + K702 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for amplifier and speakers for my desktop 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 8 minutes ago
- › Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 8 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2