- 2,588 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 330post #4936 of 527510/22/13 at 6:45pmIt's called the jh13 or jh16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4937 of 527510/23/13 at 9:03am
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.post #4938 of 527510/23/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I only had a couple of hours listening last night and I will say I am impressed with this pairing. The W4R's opened up and never sounded better. FLAC files sound great and 320 sound good. So so on lesser quality. I am looking forward to spending more time tonight, and will continue to update this.
Obviously its about preference but i ONLY listen to Flac or Lossless Files. i feel the westone are pretty reveiling, and when using lower quaility audio sound quality suffers too much imopost #4939 of 527510/23/13 at 2:11pmQuote:
I agree and it is more aparent with the Fiio X3. I wish it wasn't such an undertaking to replace the rest of my collection.post #4940 of 527510/23/13 at 2:41pmThe X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.post #4941 of 527510/23/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tony1110
The X3 is all I need for portable use. I'm sure some people will think otherwise but at the end of the day I have a Burson Conductor and some good full sized headphones for my reference system. I doubt whether adding an amp to the Fiio would make that much difference anyway as the X3 on high gain is more than ample. They sound great.
You prefer high gain over normal? Why? I just got my X3 yesterday so I haven't really listened on high gain yet?post #4942 of 527510/23/13 at 3:13pmpost #4943 of 527510/23/13 at 10:58pmJust got some W4s yesterday and with the Fiio X3 they sound heavenly.
Almost as good as my HD800 with the Crack.
Those are my first IEMs and I am pleasantly surprised.
What would be a natural upgrade for the W4......the addiction is starting to kick in again!!!post #4944 of 527510/23/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
I've got the W4Rs, and heard the HD800 on multiple occasions, and I think you might be on that crack you mentionedpost #4945 of 527510/23/13 at 11:06pmI prefer coffee.....!
It must be the New Toy Syndrome but they ARE really good out of the X3 or right now put of the WA6.
HD800 of course still beats them.....,I think?!post #4946 of 527510/23/13 at 11:06pmpost #4947 of 527510/24/13 at 3:21ampost #4948 of 527510/24/13 at 3:53ampost #4949 of 527510/24/13 at 10:13ampost #4950 of 527510/24/13 at 10:18amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 second ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 30 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Quality of Vsonic IEMS 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-GD NFB-6 Balanced Amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-a1000 vs Ad700 and HD558 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob