Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 306
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4577 of 53269/10/13 at 4:23pmpost #4578 of 53269/10/13 at 10:59pmpost #4579 of 53269/11/13 at 12:42ampost #4580 of 53269/11/13 at 1:12am
Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.
BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet.
Edited by Snuggles - 9/11/13 at 1:15ampost #4581 of 53269/11/13 at 6:19amQuote:
Thats a excellent peice point. I hope you like thempost #4582 of 53269/11/13 at 11:32amI have come to find a gripe about the earportz from proguard that one might want to take into consideration. While the larger tips do in some aspects offer greater sound quality being the tapper is larger. The forceful insertion and removal causes the triple flanges to move back on insertion and upon removal move forward. This back and fourth motion causes the flanges to break down over a period of use. ....which basic renders them not unuseable but the flanges come off or dangle thus you pretty much cant use them.
I have moved down to a smaller size, size medium and are trying those out to see if the breakdown still occurs. If it does then I wouldnt no longer recommend the tips as per the price and then have them physically break down. Its just not cost effect.
Which sucks because I really like them but dont want to endorse something that over a short period of time will break down.
I am tempted to see what the grey silicone shures sound like. But again the westones really seem to like a flanged or tappered tip. So still on the edge.
Mayne I just need to go with some silicone um56 although ive heard they could collapse the soundstage and obviously thats not worth it either.....
Still on the fencepost #4583 of 53269/11/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Enjoy the good investment and choice well made
it is for a long term enjoyment for sure.post #4584 of 53269/11/13 at 4:41pmpost #4585 of 53269/11/13 at 5:03pmpost #4586 of 53269/11/13 at 6:38pmpost #4587 of 53269/11/13 at 6:39pmQuote:
No need. You're good with these. The difference is very subtle.post #4588 of 53269/11/13 at 6:50pmpost #4589 of 53269/11/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
Don't know for sure, but I haven't noticed much difference with burn in. I thought BA's weren't affected like dynamic drivers are.post #4590 of 53269/11/13 at 7:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 23 seconds ago
- › Practical difference between JDS Labs C5D and Schiitt Magni/Modi... 36 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › What creates soundstage in headphones?? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)