btg_audio sunlight cavle or sunrise cable are excellent choices for upgrade cables
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 304post #4546 of 53269/1/13 at 8:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4547 of 53269/2/13 at 5:28amQuote:post #4548 of 53269/2/13 at 7:48amQuote:Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lolOriginally Posted by Unfie
Like Xcellent, I'm too spoiled to switch to another IEM. What's funny is that I was working out last week and someone asked if he could join on overhead press. After a while, he got curious about my W4R's. He was looking for IEM's to workout with, and then I explained to him that I went through a bunch of wires with mine. I probably should have recommended something else to him, though.post #4549 of 53269/2/13 at 1:51pm
Surprisingly, no. I made sure to take advantage of one of those 25% discounts from earphonesolutions.com, but it's still pricey. I think he already has exposure to this kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a high-end IEM yet.post #4550 of 53269/2/13 at 3:33pmpost #4551 of 53269/2/13 at 3:41pmpost #4552 of 53269/2/13 at 4:23pmpost #4553 of 53269/2/13 at 4:38pm
Yep, that date is about right. I ordered mine on Aug 17 when I saw the price an returned my W4 (bought from third party fulfilled by Amazon for $320). The newer version plus the full warranty at almost the same price was a huge plus!
I had originally bought the W4 because it was much cheaper and was under a 1 year warranty because it was still "fulfilled by Amazon" (according to the amazon rep I chatted with)post #4554 of 53269/2/13 at 5:16pmpost #4555 of 53269/2/13 at 5:28pmThe anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.post #4556 of 53269/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4557 of 53269/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4558 of 53269/3/13 at 5:43pm
Just got home (8:40 pm bleh) but they came in the mail today. :)
I'll post impressions this week, hopefully tonight, but I'm pretty tuckered out, so we'll see haha.post #4559 of 53269/5/13 at 4:36pm
Got my SE-535's in. Yikes, what a massive change in sound from the Westone 4R's. (If you missed my earlier post, I got both IEM's to try them out at the same time). The SE-535 sounds kind of thin, shrill and sharp. It has a lot of detail, and is quick as hell. But at least for my ears, these are missing a lot of body/weight/warmth that I enjoyed in the 4R's. I'm not saying the 535's are bad, and maybe my description of them are 100% off for someone else (it's just my own subjective taste in sound signatures, and my own hearing).
I'm going to keep listening to the SE-535s, and try to see if I can get used to them. I like the physical build much better on these than the 4R. But so far, I much prefer the 4R sound. Kind of surprised at the jump in sound signature from the SE-215s as well.
Going to mess around with tips. I've been told they change the sound quite a bit on these.
Edited by satanigatan - 9/5/13 at 4:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)