btg_audio sunlight cavle or sunrise cable are excellent choices for upgrade cables
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 304post #4546 of 54119/1/13 at 8:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4547 of 54119/2/13 at 5:28amQuote:post #4548 of 54119/2/13 at 7:48amQuote:Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lolOriginally Posted by Unfie
Like Xcellent, I'm too spoiled to switch to another IEM. What's funny is that I was working out last week and someone asked if he could join on overhead press. After a while, he got curious about my W4R's. He was looking for IEM's to workout with, and then I explained to him that I went through a bunch of wires with mine. I probably should have recommended something else to him, though.post #4549 of 54119/2/13 at 1:51pm
Surprisingly, no. I made sure to take advantage of one of those 25% discounts from earphonesolutions.com, but it's still pricey. I think he already has exposure to this kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a high-end IEM yet.post #4550 of 54119/2/13 at 3:33pmpost #4551 of 54119/2/13 at 3:41pmpost #4552 of 54119/2/13 at 4:23pmpost #4553 of 54119/2/13 at 4:38pm
Yep, that date is about right. I ordered mine on Aug 17 when I saw the price an returned my W4 (bought from third party fulfilled by Amazon for $320). The newer version plus the full warranty at almost the same price was a huge plus!
I had originally bought the W4 because it was much cheaper and was under a 1 year warranty because it was still "fulfilled by Amazon" (according to the amazon rep I chatted with)post #4554 of 54119/2/13 at 5:16pmpost #4555 of 54119/2/13 at 5:28pmThe anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.post #4556 of 54119/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4557 of 54119/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4558 of 54119/3/13 at 5:43pm
Just got home (8:40 pm bleh) but they came in the mail today. :)
I'll post impressions this week, hopefully tonight, but I'm pretty tuckered out, so we'll see haha.post #4559 of 54119/5/13 at 4:36pm
Got my SE-535's in. Yikes, what a massive change in sound from the Westone 4R's. (If you missed my earlier post, I got both IEM's to try them out at the same time). The SE-535 sounds kind of thin, shrill and sharp. It has a lot of detail, and is quick as hell. But at least for my ears, these are missing a lot of body/weight/warmth that I enjoyed in the 4R's. I'm not saying the 535's are bad, and maybe my description of them are 100% off for someone else (it's just my own subjective taste in sound signatures, and my own hearing).
I'm going to keep listening to the SE-535s, and try to see if I can get used to them. I like the physical build much better on these than the 4R. But so far, I much prefer the 4R sound. Kind of surprised at the jump in sound signature from the SE-215s as well.
Going to mess around with tips. I've been told they change the sound quite a bit on these.
Edited by satanigatan - 9/5/13 at 4:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Denon D5000 with Martin Audio Coco Rosewood Extra Deep Cups +... 16 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Alclair Two-Way Universal 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 3 minutes ago
- › headphones in dorm 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)