btg_audio sunlight cavle or sunrise cable are excellent choices for upgrade cables
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 304post #4546 of 53269/1/13 at 8:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4547 of 53269/2/13 at 5:28amQuote:post #4548 of 53269/2/13 at 7:48amQuote:Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lolOriginally Posted by Unfie
Like Xcellent, I'm too spoiled to switch to another IEM. What's funny is that I was working out last week and someone asked if he could join on overhead press. After a while, he got curious about my W4R's. He was looking for IEM's to workout with, and then I explained to him that I went through a bunch of wires with mine. I probably should have recommended something else to him, though.post #4549 of 53269/2/13 at 1:51pm
Surprisingly, no. I made sure to take advantage of one of those 25% discounts from earphonesolutions.com, but it's still pricey. I think he already has exposure to this kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a high-end IEM yet.post #4550 of 53269/2/13 at 3:33pmpost #4551 of 53269/2/13 at 3:41pmpost #4552 of 53269/2/13 at 4:23pmpost #4553 of 53269/2/13 at 4:38pm
Yep, that date is about right. I ordered mine on Aug 17 when I saw the price an returned my W4 (bought from third party fulfilled by Amazon for $320). The newer version plus the full warranty at almost the same price was a huge plus!
I had originally bought the W4 because it was much cheaper and was under a 1 year warranty because it was still "fulfilled by Amazon" (according to the amazon rep I chatted with)post #4554 of 53269/2/13 at 5:16pmpost #4555 of 53269/2/13 at 5:28pmThe anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.post #4556 of 53269/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4557 of 53269/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4558 of 53269/3/13 at 5:43pm
Just got home (8:40 pm bleh) but they came in the mail today. :)
I'll post impressions this week, hopefully tonight, but I'm pretty tuckered out, so we'll see haha.post #4559 of 53269/5/13 at 4:36pm
Got my SE-535's in. Yikes, what a massive change in sound from the Westone 4R's. (If you missed my earlier post, I got both IEM's to try them out at the same time). The SE-535 sounds kind of thin, shrill and sharp. It has a lot of detail, and is quick as hell. But at least for my ears, these are missing a lot of body/weight/warmth that I enjoyed in the 4R's. I'm not saying the 535's are bad, and maybe my description of them are 100% off for someone else (it's just my own subjective taste in sound signatures, and my own hearing).
I'm going to keep listening to the SE-535s, and try to see if I can get used to them. I like the physical build much better on these than the 4R. But so far, I much prefer the 4R sound. Kind of surprised at the jump in sound signature from the SE-215s as well.
Going to mess around with tips. I've been told they change the sound quite a bit on these.
Edited by satanigatan - 9/5/13 at 4:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 39 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Any Head-fiers in San Diego? 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › stoner acoustic ud110v2 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Circle Audio "PaG" Custom Headphone Amp - first impressions/... 3 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)