btg_audio sunlight cavle or sunrise cable are excellent choices for upgrade cables
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 304post #4546 of 53259/1/13 at 8:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4547 of 53259/2/13 at 5:28amQuote:post #4548 of 53259/2/13 at 7:48amQuote:Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lolOriginally Posted by Unfie
Like Xcellent, I'm too spoiled to switch to another IEM. What's funny is that I was working out last week and someone asked if he could join on overhead press. After a while, he got curious about my W4R's. He was looking for IEM's to workout with, and then I explained to him that I went through a bunch of wires with mine. I probably should have recommended something else to him, though.post #4549 of 53259/2/13 at 1:51pm
Surprisingly, no. I made sure to take advantage of one of those 25% discounts from earphonesolutions.com, but it's still pricey. I think he already has exposure to this kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a high-end IEM yet.post #4550 of 53259/2/13 at 3:33pmpost #4551 of 53259/2/13 at 3:41pmpost #4552 of 53259/2/13 at 4:23pmpost #4553 of 53259/2/13 at 4:38pm
Yep, that date is about right. I ordered mine on Aug 17 when I saw the price an returned my W4 (bought from third party fulfilled by Amazon for $320). The newer version plus the full warranty at almost the same price was a huge plus!
I had originally bought the W4 because it was much cheaper and was under a 1 year warranty because it was still "fulfilled by Amazon" (according to the amazon rep I chatted with)post #4554 of 53259/2/13 at 5:16pmpost #4555 of 53259/2/13 at 5:28pmThe anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.post #4556 of 53259/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4557 of 53259/2/13 at 5:50pmQuote:
Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :-)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.post #4558 of 53259/3/13 at 5:43pm
Just got home (8:40 pm bleh) but they came in the mail today. :)
I'll post impressions this week, hopefully tonight, but I'm pretty tuckered out, so we'll see haha.post #4559 of 53259/5/13 at 4:36pm
Got my SE-535's in. Yikes, what a massive change in sound from the Westone 4R's. (If you missed my earlier post, I got both IEM's to try them out at the same time). The SE-535 sounds kind of thin, shrill and sharp. It has a lot of detail, and is quick as hell. But at least for my ears, these are missing a lot of body/weight/warmth that I enjoyed in the 4R's. I'm not saying the 535's are bad, and maybe my description of them are 100% off for someone else (it's just my own subjective taste in sound signatures, and my own hearing).
I'm going to keep listening to the SE-535s, and try to see if I can get used to them. I like the physical build much better on these than the 4R. But so far, I much prefer the 4R sound. Kind of surprised at the jump in sound signature from the SE-215s as well.
Going to mess around with tips. I've been told they change the sound quite a bit on these.
Edited by satanigatan - 9/5/13 at 4:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Whats the best music streaming app? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Akg K67 Tiesto VS Akg Q460 // Help me please for my pick. 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 6 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)