Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 290

post #4336 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

FYI, I noticed Amazon has the W4R on sale for $376 tonight (7/28).  That's 25% off, which is as good of a discount as I've seen on them (IIRC, as good as earphonesolutions.com black friday pricing).  To my ears the SM64 is easily worth the extra $25, but if you've got your heart set on the W4R now is a great time to buy.

 

"Ships from and sold by Amazon" too.

 

 

-Eric


You Have to remember that purchasing from non authorized dealer, the 2 years guarantee will be void from Westone! Just a reminder here!


Edited by Skullbox - 7/29/13 at 4:58am
post #4337 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfqdx View Post

can't choose between SE535 and W4r ,anyone has suggestion?


Can't make final decision?  confused_face_2.gif    Read thread from the beginning!  Then you'l be happy! ksc75smile.gif

post #4338 of 5326

If he posted that question on the shure thread I wonder what response he'd get LOL

Kinda hard to get an unbiased answer here

post #4339 of 5326
Guys, will be comparing the Westone 4 to Shure 846 tomorrow! So excited. Any other earphones you guys want me to compare it to? Just trying to do some community work.
post #4340 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

If he posted that question on the shure thread I wonder what response he'd get LOL

Kinda hard to get an unbiased answer here


indeed!   lol

post #4341 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

If he posted that question on the shure thread I wonder what response he'd get LOL

Kinda hard to get an unbiased answer here

 

I've owned both a few times and would have given the same answer on either thread. 

post #4342 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Guys, will be comparing the Westone 4 to Shure 846 tomorrow! So excited. Any other earphones you guys want me to compare it to? Just trying to do some community work.


For me, personnaly... I will be more than attracted with a comparaison btw W4r vs JH5. Bc I have a W4 and leurking to JH5! If all the planet tell me today, or convincing me that shure 846 is better... certainely I will not buying it! Cause my goal is to go with CIEM. Agree, that some readers want to stick with IEM!  It's been always a pleasure, satisfaction to hear that our monitors are better than others. Lol If you are owner of the new Shure 846, and now attracted to the w4r, it's cool, it's ok! You'l have to auditionning before making final decision! This is in a better world! Not all store have in stock all the babies you covet! I have learn that the monitors you demo in store, will not sound the same when you unpack yours home!

When I have auditionning my first Shure E4c in store, I was surprised by the sq. I bring this babie home!  48hrs later, I send back to the store! Arguying that something wrong with. Thinking that the little green filter inside was gone.  Finaly, hear that nothing wrong with it. This demo was there in store for year or so. Understanding now that this demo get a lot of Burning time! After couple month, my iem sound same, or very similar as the demo! ...  and I keep smiling! ksc75smile.gif


Edited by Skullbox - 7/29/13 at 10:57am
post #4343 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbox View Post


For me, personnaly... I will be more than attracted with a comparaison btw W4r vs JH5. Bc I have a W4 and leurking to JH5! If all the planet tell me today, or convincing me that shure 846 is better... certainely I will not buying it! Cause my goal is to go with CIEM. Agree, that some readers want to stick with IEM!  It's been always a pleasure, satisfaction to hear that our monitors are better than others. Lol If you are owner of the new Shure 846, and now attracted to the w4r, it's cool, it's ok! You'l have to auditionning before making final decision! This is in a better world! Not all store have in stock all the babies you covet! I have learn that the monitors you demo in store, will not sound the same when you unpack yours home!

When I have auditionning my first Shure E4c in store, I was surprised by the sq. I bring this babie home!  48hrs later, I ... suspence ... next post!

 

From my demo, I think 846 sounded better than JH5 with more impactful bass and mids.  Personally I don't think JH5 is really a worthwhile upgrade over w4.  Between 846 and w4, if you prefer more bass and lusher mids, you would prefer the 846.  But if you like your bass tight and fast and a more balanced/neutral sound, than W4 is better. For it price, one should also check out IE800/ASG-2 (more bass and more treble sparkles), Parterre (similar tonality but better soundstage and better resolution) as these are all better option than JH5 that compete better with 846 and would be an upgrade to W4.

post #4344 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Guys, will be comparing the Westone 4 to Shure 846 tomorrow! So excited. Any other earphones you guys want me to compare it to? Just trying to do some community work.

SM64
post #4345 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbox View Post


You Have to remember that purchasing from non authorized dealer, the 2 years guarantee will be void from Westone! Just a reminder here!

Since you quoted my very secific statement that the $376 price was for "Ships from and sold by Amazon" inventory, are you saying Amazon is not an authorized Westone dealer?
post #4346 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post


Since you quoted my very secific statement that the $376 price was for "Ships from and sold by Amazon" inventory, are you saying Amazon is not an authorized Westone dealer?

 

Amazon.com is an authorized Westone dealer. Amazon Warehouse is not. Third-party sellers are not unless specifically listed on Westone's authorize dealer list. 

post #4347 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post

Guys, will be comparing the Westone 4 to Shure 846 tomorrow! So excited. Any other earphones you guys want me to compare it to? Just trying to do some community work.


Your A/B is allways welcome Headfier! wink_face.gif

post #4348 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Amazon.com is an authorized Westone dealer. Amazon Warehouse is not. Third-party sellers are not unless specifically listed on Westone's authorize dealer list. 

Thanks for making this clear. Skullbox raised an important point on making sure you really get a warranty - you've made it easy for those buying on Amazon to do so!

PS. Just checked and the $376 price for the W4R was still up.
post #4349 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

From my demo, I think 846 sounded better than JH5 with more impactful bass and mids.  Personally I don't think JH5 is really a worthwhile upgrade over w4.  Between 846 and w4, if you prefer more bass and lusher mids, you would prefer the 846.  But if you like your bass tight and fast and a more balanced/neutral sound, than W4 is better. For it price, one should also check out IE800/ASG-2 (more bass and more treble sparkles), Parterre (similar tonality but better soundstage and better resolution) as these are all better option than JH5 that compete better with 846 and would be an upgrade to W4.


http://www.headfonia.com/triple-jh-comparison-five-ten-and-sixteen/

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-290-iems-compared-earsonics-sm64-added-07-23-13-p-735

post #4350 of 5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post


Since you quoted my very secific statement that the $376 price was for "Ships from and sold by Amazon" inventory, are you saying Amazon is not an authorized Westone dealer?


Dont think so!  Contact Westone to be sure B4 buying these!  Many headfiers here have encounter this guarantee/return issues!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)