What is this out of curiosity?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 248post #3706 of 532612/11/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 532612/11/12 at 2:48pm
HiFiMAN HE-400. They're "only" $400, but they're supposed to be one of the best values out there. From what I can telll, beyond the HE-400 there's too little improvement for the extra cost and preferences begin to play a big part.
The HE-400 blows away my Triple Fi, and I'm looking for an IEM that's as close to it as possible. At least something with more clarity than the Triple Fi.post #3708 of 532612/11/12 at 7:14pmpost #3709 of 532612/11/12 at 7:19pmpost #3710 of 532612/11/12 at 8:24pm
Today I received earsonics SM3 tips and they significantly made my W4s brighter. They also provide better isolation than the stock grey mushrooms since SM3 tips are longer and they extend slightly deeper inside the ear. I think the treble extension has something to do with the large hole opening on the tips. Phonak tips, similiar to SM3 tips, seem to have a large hole openings too.
Edited by aras - 12/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #3711 of 532612/11/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
I have both ES5 and JH13. One with 350 dollars Stefan audio cable, one with 650 dollars TWag v3 cable. Guess what, for listening to music, I prefer my W4r to ES5 in every way and only prefer jh13 for non-vocal.
Es5's vocal is too in ur face, highs are not as extended. Jh13's vocal is too transparent sounding, not enough weight, but better highs and much better bass on JH13 than w4. But as a package, W4 wins.
X2. Have w4r n es5, n always find myself preferring e more extended highs on w4 n overall "clearer" sounding signature. Es5s mids reveal more detail cos of their forwardness, but sadly i cant get used to their "thick" sound. Not to mention better comfort using e w4spost #3712 of 532612/11/12 at 9:12pmpost #3713 of 532612/11/12 at 10:44pm
100ohm adapter is fine, but you will need an amp. I recommend 33ohms because it won't make them that hard to drive. Here is an ebay link to a 33ohm adapter, but Brian at BTG may be able to make one for you for a lower price.post #3714 of 532612/11/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
LOL, I'll test it out. Don't have an amp for my 5G Touch though :( Hopefully it can drive it (I don't listen that loud anyways).post #3715 of 532612/11/12 at 11:02pmQuote:
XD damn, i just put in an order for the starlight cable before reading thispost #3716 of 532612/12/12 at 12:24am
Just get yourself a Sony Z or the new iRiver AK100 and you won't need an adapter. Slightly more expansive options though....post #3717 of 532612/12/12 at 12:29amQuote:
I was considering the Sony F805/806 actually or the cowon Z2 but indecisions...indecisions (actually more than anything i need a DAP for on the go and a DAC at home to complete my setup)post #3718 of 532612/12/12 at 1:49ampost #3719 of 532612/13/12 at 3:35am
I miss my W4R, anyone know roughly how long it takes for 1964 to make molds?
What threw me off completely was the 3 weeks it took for my impressions to get to them (stupid Australia Post, and to think from US to Australia it took thinkgeek 4 days to get me my stuff).
Been (almost) 2 weeks since 1964 sent me the invoice
TBH I've almost completely forgotten what the W4 sounds likepost #3720 of 532612/13/12 at 5:20pm
Because those have an output impedance of 33ohms? Otherwise, I don't see the reasoning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 2 minutes ago
- › DAC To PD-30 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › First time buyer of "Audiophile" grade headphones. What next? 5 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 9 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 9 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. 9 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)