What is this out of curiosity?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 248post #3706 of 507512/11/12 at 1:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3707 of 507512/11/12 at 2:48pm
HiFiMAN HE-400. They're "only" $400, but they're supposed to be one of the best values out there. From what I can telll, beyond the HE-400 there's too little improvement for the extra cost and preferences begin to play a big part.
The HE-400 blows away my Triple Fi, and I'm looking for an IEM that's as close to it as possible. At least something with more clarity than the Triple Fi.post #3708 of 507512/11/12 at 7:14pmpost #3709 of 507512/11/12 at 7:19pmpost #3710 of 507512/11/12 at 8:24pm
Today I received earsonics SM3 tips and they significantly made my W4s brighter. They also provide better isolation than the stock grey mushrooms since SM3 tips are longer and they extend slightly deeper inside the ear. I think the treble extension has something to do with the large hole opening on the tips. Phonak tips, similiar to SM3 tips, seem to have a large hole openings too.
Edited by aras - 12/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #3711 of 507512/11/12 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtc
I have both ES5 and JH13. One with 350 dollars Stefan audio cable, one with 650 dollars TWag v3 cable. Guess what, for listening to music, I prefer my W4r to ES5 in every way and only prefer jh13 for non-vocal.
Es5's vocal is too in ur face, highs are not as extended. Jh13's vocal is too transparent sounding, not enough weight, but better highs and much better bass on JH13 than w4. But as a package, W4 wins.
X2. Have w4r n es5, n always find myself preferring e more extended highs on w4 n overall "clearer" sounding signature. Es5s mids reveal more detail cos of their forwardness, but sadly i cant get used to their "thick" sound. Not to mention better comfort using e w4spost #3712 of 507512/11/12 at 9:12pmpost #3713 of 507512/11/12 at 10:44pm
100ohm adapter is fine, but you will need an amp. I recommend 33ohms because it won't make them that hard to drive. Here is an ebay link to a 33ohm adapter, but Brian at BTG may be able to make one for you for a lower price.post #3714 of 507512/11/12 at 10:46pmQuote:
LOL, I'll test it out. Don't have an amp for my 5G Touch though :( Hopefully it can drive it (I don't listen that loud anyways).post #3715 of 507512/11/12 at 11:02pmQuote:
XD damn, i just put in an order for the starlight cable before reading thispost #3716 of 507512/12/12 at 12:24am
Just get yourself a Sony Z or the new iRiver AK100 and you won't need an adapter. Slightly more expansive options though....post #3717 of 507512/12/12 at 12:29amQuote:
I was considering the Sony F805/806 actually or the cowon Z2 but indecisions...indecisions (actually more than anything i need a DAP for on the go and a DAC at home to complete my setup)post #3718 of 507512/12/12 at 1:49ampost #3719 of 507512/13/12 at 3:35am
I miss my W4R, anyone know roughly how long it takes for 1964 to make molds?
What threw me off completely was the 3 weeks it took for my impressions to get to them (stupid Australia Post, and to think from US to Australia it took thinkgeek 4 days to get me my stuff).
Been (almost) 2 weeks since 1964 sent me the invoice
TBH I've almost completely forgotten what the W4 sounds likepost #3720 of 507512/13/12 at 5:20pm
Because those have an output impedance of 33ohms? Otherwise, I don't see the reasoning.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Closed headphone alternative to HD 800 2 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: March/April 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Maestral´s Had-AudioLab from Croatia Europe 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 4 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 by kimvictor
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital