Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off- I got these for $130 from Newegg, and for that price they are a bargain. The $400 list price is way too expensive. Th fit and finish are beautiful on these, my only complaint would be...
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 231post #3451 of 524810/29/12 at 5:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3452 of 524810/29/12 at 5:31pmpost #3453 of 524810/29/12 at 6:26pmpost #3454 of 524810/30/12 at 7:18pm
Plug! If you like the W4, the ACS silicone sleeves are really worth it.
They really bring out the sound and help round out the bass as well.
For most sources/ease of use I actually prefer the W4 with ACS sleeves over my JH16...
post #3455 of 524810/30/12 at 7:52pm
Hey guys, just poppin' in to say my W4 is up for grabs. Stellar stuff, sad to see them go. Saving up for a big rig, and these are the hardest to let go of.post #3456 of 524810/31/12 at 3:15ampost #3457 of 524810/31/12 at 5:36ampost #3458 of 524810/31/12 at 8:46amQuote:
From the Westone website, the the W4r is described as having 'Acoustic Symmetry +/- 2dB acoustically matched earpieces.' The W4 doesn't have that description.post #3459 of 524810/31/12 at 11:07ampost #3460 of 524810/31/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
Is this only a marketing trick or ?post #3461 of 524810/31/12 at 2:30pm
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.post #3462 of 524810/31/12 at 3:38pmpost #3463 of 524810/31/12 at 3:45pm
To my ears it made the upgrade worth every penny, like lifting off a vail, much more space and detail. I know people will never agree on this subject, but my experience on this has really turned me into a beliver of silver. So on your last question a no without any hesitation from me. Please do not belive my words, check it out yourself!post #3464 of 524810/31/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I personally don't have aything against people who are "believers" in nicer cables. I recabled a pair of my headphones myself just for fun and I felt I noticed a difference for the better.
I just don't like to see people saying it makes a "huge difference" because it does not. Lots of things can make a huge difference. Different source, different file, different amp, even changing pads on a set of cans make remarkable changes... but changing the cable is not "huge" or else it would be scientifically shown and measured and the discussion would have been long over.
But if it improves it to you, I believe it and honestly I really want to hear it for myself one of these days. However there are a lot of upgrades one could and should try that will affect the sound a lot more than switching the wires.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 34 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Kaede MINT, Only 200 Pairs In the World. 4 minutes ago
- › Newbie to the forum 5 minutes ago
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude