Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction With the introduction of the DUNU DN-1000, DUNU quickly established themselves as a primetime contender in the already fierce arena of mid-high range IEMS. Not only did...
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 231post #3451 of 541110/29/12 at 5:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3452 of 541110/29/12 at 5:31pmpost #3453 of 541110/29/12 at 6:26pmpost #3454 of 541110/30/12 at 7:18pm
Plug! If you like the W4, the ACS silicone sleeves are really worth it.
They really bring out the sound and help round out the bass as well.
For most sources/ease of use I actually prefer the W4 with ACS sleeves over my JH16...
post #3455 of 541110/30/12 at 7:52pm
Hey guys, just poppin' in to say my W4 is up for grabs. Stellar stuff, sad to see them go. Saving up for a big rig, and these are the hardest to let go of.post #3456 of 541110/31/12 at 3:15ampost #3457 of 541110/31/12 at 5:36ampost #3458 of 541110/31/12 at 8:46amQuote:
From the Westone website, the the W4r is described as having 'Acoustic Symmetry +/- 2dB acoustically matched earpieces.' The W4 doesn't have that description.post #3459 of 541110/31/12 at 11:07ampost #3460 of 541110/31/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
Is this only a marketing trick or ?post #3461 of 541110/31/12 at 2:30pm
There is no difference except from the cable and the connector, I have owned both. However, having TWag v2 cables on the w4r makes a huge difference even straight out of an iPod. Highly recommended.post #3462 of 541110/31/12 at 3:38pmpost #3463 of 541110/31/12 at 3:45pm
To my ears it made the upgrade worth every penny, like lifting off a vail, much more space and detail. I know people will never agree on this subject, but my experience on this has really turned me into a beliver of silver. So on your last question a no without any hesitation from me. Please do not belive my words, check it out yourself!post #3464 of 541110/31/12 at 3:58pmQuote:
I personally don't have aything against people who are "believers" in nicer cables. I recabled a pair of my headphones myself just for fun and I felt I noticed a difference for the better.
I just don't like to see people saying it makes a "huge difference" because it does not. Lots of things can make a huge difference. Different source, different file, different amp, even changing pads on a set of cans make remarkable changes... but changing the cable is not "huge" or else it would be scientifically shown and measured and the discussion would have been long over.
But if it improves it to you, I believe it and honestly I really want to hear it for myself one of these days. However there are a lot of upgrades one could and should try that will affect the sound a lot more than switching the wires.post #3465 of 541110/31/12 at 6:44pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 or Sennheiser Momentum 9 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 4 minutes ago
- › German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG Y15 and Y16A earbuds: they're pretty good. 5 minutes ago
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)