Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 230

post #3436 of 5409
Waiting almost two years to have issues is okay by me , it beats 3months of some moster products-had to send three back
post #3437 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

Very annoying and aggravating!  How on earth can Westone customer service have NO CLUE about any new style tips as they told me just a few days ago when I called them????????

 

So let me get this straight.....they are unaware of the accesories they ship with their product?  Insane.....

 

If anybody has any idea where to get these new style silicone tips please advise because Westone has no clue they are even supplying them.

 

Very weird and annoying. And yet not surprising. I want to order... but then who knows if my pair will have the golden ticket. Well, wide bore tips. 

post #3438 of 5409

i guess having detachable cables is worth the wait for 1-2 more weeks. are 4rs worth more than w4s? i have w4 that is converted to 4rs and modded cable. i'm going to sell super cheap at the end of nov
 

post #3439 of 5409

With 2 year warranty I will always prefer the NON-RC regular cables.  They are so much more comfy and easy to put away and travel with.

 

If it were only 1 year warranty I would probably go with RC version.

post #3440 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

With 2 year warranty I will always prefer the NON-RC regular cables.  They are so much more comfy and easy to put away and travel with.

 

If it were only 1 year warranty I would probably go with RC version.

 

Have you tried the W4R? Such a well designed replaceable cable. Very comfortable and nothing like the SE535.

post #3441 of 5409

I've had UM3X RC which I have to think fits same.  It's not terrible or anything...I just prefer the ease of the longer strain relief straight to the cable going over the ear.

 

Yes, SE535 is God-awful. Have no idea what Shure was thinking.  I don"t consider myself picky or a problem fit but that thing hurt after 15-20 min.

post #3442 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

I've had UM3X RC which I have to think fits same. 

 

Yes, it does.  The slight difference in body types of the two iems does not, to me, change the way the removable cable fits up and over the ear.

post #3443 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossjeremiah View Post

i guess having detachable cables is worth the wait for 1-2 more weeks. are 4rs worth more than w4s? i have w4 that is converted to 4rs and modded cable. i'm going to sell super cheap at the end of nov
 

 

Why do you manage to convert the W4 into W4 with RC ?

does the sound quality makes any difference with the RC ?

post #3444 of 5409

i got it used.. maybe previous owner wanted modded cable. no microphonics with the cable but i don't even know how the previous cable sounds. plus you can switch out  for custom cables for all those perks you get with the custom cables.

post #3445 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossjeremiah View Post

i got it used.. maybe previous owner wanted modded cable. no microphonics with the cable but i don't even know how the previous cable sounds. plus you can switch out  for custom cables for all those perks you get with the custom cables.

Ah cool, so that was the reason. so it is just the cable that got changed not the IEM housing / casing ?

post #3446 of 5409

the housing was changed with flushed sockets.... i have no idea how it compares to a w4.

post #3447 of 5409

Any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossjeremiah View Post

the housing was changed with flushed sockets.... i have no idea how it compares to a w4.

post #3448 of 5409

well whatever you do, make sure you get your Westone registered to get 2 year warranty. I do not think I registered mine, I misread the registered part to get to extend another year to 2 years.

Might have to look for another company. Monster's warranty service seen like a great idea,  at the moment, you just have to buy from an authorized dealer

 

I sure will miss my W4, my best IEM and the phone or IEM that has been with me the longest.

Might look into BTG audio to re-cabled it for me

post #3449 of 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post

well whatever you do, make sure you get your Westone registered to get 2 year warranty. I do not think I registered mine, I misread the registered part to get to extend another year to 2 years.

Might have to look for another company. Monster's warranty service seen like a great idea,  at the moment, you just have to buy from an authorized dealer

 

I sure will miss my W4, my best IEM and the phone or IEM that has been with me the longest.

Might look into BTG audio to re-cabled it for me

 

And you only get the extra year if you buy from an authorized dealer. But do check your credit card, too. Sometimes they offer an extension year; it can make a two year warranty into three! 

post #3450 of 5409

I got it 5/18/11 from earphonesolutions- authorized dealer., just checked , paid with Paypal which I link to a a bank account, no credit card

I try to get stuff from authorized dealer esp when I am payment a few $

oh well.


Edited by snapple10 - 10/29/12 at 5:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)