Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 2:22 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 12/29/11 at 8:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3077 of 40918/22/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.post #3078 of 40918/22/12 at 10:26pmQuote:
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.post #3079 of 40918/23/12 at 12:54amQuote:
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.post #3080 of 40918/23/12 at 1:09amQuote:
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.post #3081 of 40918/23/12 at 1:57amQuote:
headstage arrow has thisQuote:
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp itpost #3082 of 40918/23/12 at 5:21amQuote:
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.post #3083 of 40918/23/12 at 7:04amQuote:
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.post #3084 of 40918/23/12 at 7:10amVolume matched with the low gain? If not the immediate increase in volume you hear will give the perception of more treble due to the loudness curve. This is also why V shaped earphones can make a better perceived low volume listening experience.post #3085 of 40918/23/12 at 7:28amQuote:
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.post #3086 of 40918/23/12 at 7:56am
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
Quote:post #3087 of 40918/23/12 at 8:07amQuote:
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.post #3088 of 40918/23/12 at 8:14am
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
Quote:post #3089 of 40918/23/12 at 8:19amQuote:
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.post #3090 of 40918/23/12 at 8:52am
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4rReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Audio jokes 4 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio E7 + E9 not working 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe