Well, I pulled the trigger on them. I would have saved $25 if I waited to see that 20% off coupon, though. lol...it's no biggie. I can't wait to try these. They're more expensive than my HD 650's. They better sound good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order to...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
I have the 600 Ohm version of these, so other impedance models will probably vary in sound. This said, I find this to be a wonderfully balanced set. They exhibit no harshness to my ears across...
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 206
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fantastic! Thanks for the tip... I was able to take advantage of the coupon code and got $100 off.
What a great forum this is.
Glad to help! This IS a great forum. I've really enjoyed the community.
I'm about to by from Adorama but somehow Amazon jack up the price for $100 :-|
let me try that website, hopefully they send to Sydney Australia.
Yes there are, some amps have a gain switch which increase highs and bass switch which increases, of course bass.
headstage arrow has this
the only thing I think that is lacking is the bass impact... should this be your gripe, then amp it
Increasing gain does not increase treble. It's simply for providing more power to harder to drive phones.
I see, although most IEMs I have experienced does increase the treble.
I see, well anyway the impact was also increased at the same time, so I guess you're right.
Not really as I'm listening to Rock and Metal music most of the time :-)
I've been using UE700 with Fiio E1 on my iPhone but so far I cannot tell any improvement.
It depends on the amp you're using, I doubt the E1 has enough power to give the impact.
Yes you are right mate, I guess $19 amp cannot hardly make any difference, so for my Westone 4, I shall buy E6 then for better clarity ?
I wonder what do you guys use for your W4 amps ?
I never tried the E6, but things like the iBasso D-Zero and Hippo box+ does very well.
hello, before I was skeptic about amps... it's not that they don't make any difference but truly they do..
it just depends on the amp you're using.. I've listened to many amps but could only hear little improvement that led me to not buy an amp because I thought it wasn't worth it.. til' I heard the ZO and then the Arrow 4g.. everything changed from there.. until now I'm still daydreaming on listening to my w4 with the headstage arrow, i still have to save til December.. the Arrow is on a different level I tell you... try them = )
as far as I remember, pico, ttvj, hornet, arrow 3g, arrow 4g, fiio, cypherlabs, ibasso, NU icon mobile... ( i forgot the others)
these are the amps I've auditioned.. and I prefer the arrow 4g for my w4r
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 43 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Looking For a New Pair of Over the Ear Headphones, Audio-Technica... 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Budget IEM Help. HAFX40 vs any other recommendations 1 minute ago
- › shure se 846 is there any warmer iem than it 2 minutes ago
- › HD800 being "picky" with amps myth 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)