The orange color matches the orange "iPod" icon on the iPad's screen. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get some used Westone 3's at a price I can afford
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Limitations of IEMs, or are these just really bad? Last post on 3/22/14 at 2:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 2post #16 of 532612/11/10 at 6:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 532612/11/10 at 6:15pmpost #18 of 532612/11/10 at 6:57pm
The thing that makes me think it's a 4 is the angle of the black part that protrudes into the orange. On the W3s it's more rounded looking, plus the lines don't connect that deep into the red shapepost #19 of 532612/11/10 at 7:12pmpost #20 of 532612/11/10 at 7:21pmpost #21 of 532612/12/10 at 7:43amThread StarterCould someone use a software to blow the image and enhance the resolution somehow?
I'm sure someone on Head-fi would have the tools. My monitor is not helping eitherpost #22 of 532612/12/10 at 8:46amQuote:
I'm almost positive it is a 4....post #23 of 532612/12/10 at 8:51am
I need these! At first I thought it could have been the limited edition W3's based on the colour but after double checking they look totally different.
I'd sell my 3's straight away for 4 drivers... could be waiting forever though!post #24 of 532612/12/10 at 11:03am
Being that I just bought the W3, I'm not sure how to take this news. On the plus side though, I only use IEMs while commuting so the sound quality of a W4 would probably exceed my needs.post #25 of 532612/12/10 at 11:06ampost #26 of 532612/12/10 at 2:41pm
It definitely looks like a 4 to me. I'm no expert, but just playing with some basic photo editing tools I was able to make the 4 more visible.
C'mon Flavio, You must have a contact at Westone that can confirm that a W4 is in the works. We're counting on you to get to the bottom of this.post #27 of 532612/12/10 at 3:24pmThread StarterThat looks much sharper now and it does look like a 4.
I do know people at Westone but wouldn't count on any of them to "deliver" their CEO unless they are authorized to disclose that. Manufacturers are very secretive about what they are working on until they feel "safe" to announce it.
Because of CES's being in early January I'd expect any announcement during that trade show. IF the product is "close enough" to be shipped by summer or something. Specially after the delays they had with the "3" I bet they'd be much more careful about making any announcements.
Edited by Flavio T - 12/12/10 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 532612/12/10 at 6:20pmpost #29 of 532612/13/10 at 12:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 43 seconds ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Am I wasting my time with a computer-based audio system? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3-E12-K550 vs X5-E12-DT990pro 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1840 (USED) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)