The orange color matches the orange "iPod" icon on the iPad's screen. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get some used Westone 3's at a price I can afford
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours? Last post on 12/29/11 at 8:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Preference over Westone's Universal IEMs Last post on 1/10/13 at 3:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) - Page 2post #16 of 409112/11/10 at 6:10pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 409112/11/10 at 6:15pmpost #18 of 409112/11/10 at 6:57pm
The thing that makes me think it's a 4 is the angle of the black part that protrudes into the orange. On the W3s it's more rounded looking, plus the lines don't connect that deep into the red shapepost #19 of 409112/11/10 at 7:12pmpost #20 of 409112/11/10 at 7:21pmpost #21 of 409112/12/10 at 7:43amThread StarterCould someone use a software to blow the image and enhance the resolution somehow?
I'm sure someone on Head-fi would have the tools. My monitor is not helping eitherpost #22 of 409112/12/10 at 8:46amQuote:
I'm almost positive it is a 4....post #23 of 409112/12/10 at 8:51am
I need these! At first I thought it could have been the limited edition W3's based on the colour but after double checking they look totally different.
I'd sell my 3's straight away for 4 drivers... could be waiting forever though!post #24 of 409112/12/10 at 11:03am
Being that I just bought the W3, I'm not sure how to take this news. On the plus side though, I only use IEMs while commuting so the sound quality of a W4 would probably exceed my needs.post #25 of 409112/12/10 at 11:06ampost #26 of 409112/12/10 at 2:41pm
It definitely looks like a 4 to me. I'm no expert, but just playing with some basic photo editing tools I was able to make the 4 more visible.
C'mon Flavio, You must have a contact at Westone that can confirm that a W4 is in the works. We're counting on you to get to the bottom of this.post #27 of 409112/12/10 at 3:24pmThread StarterThat looks much sharper now and it does look like a 4.
I do know people at Westone but wouldn't count on any of them to "deliver" their CEO unless they are authorized to disclose that. Manufacturers are very secretive about what they are working on until they feel "safe" to announce it.
Because of CES's being in early January I'd expect any announcement during that trade show. IF the product is "close enough" to be shipped by summer or something. Specially after the delays they had with the "3" I bet they'd be much more careful about making any announcements.
Edited by Flavio T - 12/12/10 at 3:26pmpost #28 of 409112/12/10 at 6:20pmpost #29 of 409112/13/10 at 12:57amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 10 seconds ago
- › Looking for a good all-round headphone 1 minute ago
- › Which would you choose? 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent... 4 minutes ago
- › Beats by dre Pro Indepth review 5 minutes ago
- › FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread) 5 minutes ago
- › 1st Post!! Need your guys expert advice 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe