Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread - Page 385

post #5761 of 5827

This could work. Unfortunately I can't acquire the recommended Sennheiser spare part in my country. Any suggestions for an alternative?

post #5762 of 5827

(wrong post)


Edited by ZenocideZ - 4/30/14 at 11:40pm
post #5763 of 5827

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd650-replacement-foam-headband-pad.html

 

I'm also from Israel, and I see that they do ship here if you really are interested in a permanent possible upgrade in comfort. Otherwise I guess you have to take breaks when doing long listening if they hurt.

post #5764 of 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by uli87 View Post

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd650-replacement-foam-headband-pad.html

I'm also from Israel, and I see that they do ship here if you really are interested in a permanent possible upgrade in comfort. Otherwise I guess you have to take breaks when doing long listening if they hurt.

That is a great solution. I use the same headband on my Denon D2000, D7000 as well as my Pro900.
post #5765 of 5827

hi guys just wondered if anyone had experienced these with the XONAR STX? i can't help but feel these feel lifeless & very bright, I can't find a track which does anything for me

 

let me know guys, it seems like the Phillips X1 work very good with the STX

post #5766 of 5827

I didn't like the Fidelio X1, maybe i purchased a pair that were defected or i didn't give them enough time but the bass seemed really distorted at higher volumes and it annoyed me. I think the PRO 900 would work good with the STX, it is more than capable seeing as it can drive headphones up to 600ohm. I use the EQ a fair bit on my Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 and the bass setting on my STX is actually to much for my ears with them headphones and they're 68ohm. 

post #5767 of 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph91 View Post
 

I didn't like the Fidelio X1, maybe i purchased a pair that were defected or i didn't give them enough time but the bass seemed really distorted at higher volumes and it annoyed me. I think the PRO 900 would work good with the STX, it is more than capable seeing as it can drive headphones up to 600ohm. I use the EQ a fair bit on my Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 and the bass setting on my STX is actually to much for my ears with them headphones and they're 68ohm. 


not sure what im doing wrong then :-\

 

they dont sound good to me but I know they have potential

 

maybe im comparing them to the X1 too much ..

post #5768 of 5827

What is actually the problem you're encountering with the Pro 900 and the STX? I can't imagine they're bright especially if you have used a bit of EQ? Everyone here says how bass orientated they are, do they distort at high volumes? 

post #5769 of 5827

I've had my Pro 900's for about two years now. It was my first expensive headphone purchase. Anyways, I'm now seeing the general weakness in this headphone.

 

1) That recessed midrange. Most people know this by now, but it's true.

 

2) Dry and cold sound.

 

Vocals won't get justice on the Pro 900. It simply pushes them back.

 

Highs and bass are nicely detailed, and of course the strong bass impact. But man, the midrange is the weak point here, as is the rather cold overall presentation.

 

I still use them often (especially for gaming). EDM music is pretty excellent with them, too. In addition, they are fast hitting (high PRAT?), which works well for modern music. In addition, I find them comfortable and like the velour pads, no ear sweat! Great sense of soundstage for a closed back.


Edited by TWerk - 6/13/14 at 1:58am
post #5770 of 5827
They are amazing with Alpha pads..........
post #5771 of 5827
My fav is jmoneypads on pro900, tube amp with dac on high gain:-)
post #5772 of 5827

So my ultrasone stock cable has finally breathed it's last breath :(

 

Besides the Vmoda cable, any other alternatives/favorites? Need alternative ASAP. 

post #5773 of 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

So my ultrasone stock cable has finally breathed it's last breath :(

 

Besides the Vmoda cable, any other alternatives/favorites? Need alternative ASAP.

 

 

http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/us/category.php?id_category=20

 

 

Moon audio I believe still has removable blue and silver dragon.

 

Cheers!

post #5774 of 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatFan12 View Post
 

 

 

http://shopworld.ultrasone.com/us/category.php?id_category=20

 

 

Moon audio I believe still has removable blue and silver dragon.

 

Cheers!

OH I didn't even look at ultrasone's site because I thought they'd be as overpriced as their pads. Can't believe how reasonable the prices are. Nice, thank you. 

post #5775 of 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

OH I didn't even look at ultrasone's site because I thought they'd be as overpriced as their pads. Can't believe how reasonable the prices are. Nice, thank you.

 

 

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread