Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread - Page 370

post #5536 of 5811

Just threw some d2000 pads on my 900s and fell in love all over again :L3000:

post #5537 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBal4 View Post

Just threw some d2000 pads on my 900s and fell in love all over again L3000.gif

That's how I felt after adding Alpha pads.

How did you attach them?
post #5538 of 5811

I had an old set of pro2500 pads I tore apart, then used hot glue to attach a foam ring to each. The foam rings had an adhesive side so I rolled the lip of the d2000 pads back, stuck them to the adhesive, and rolled the d2000 pad lip back over. done and done

post #5539 of 5811

 

 

post #5540 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBal4 View Post
 

I had an old set of pro2500 pads I tore apart, then used hot glue to attach a foam ring to each. The foam rings had an adhesive side so I rolled the lip of the d2000 pads back, stuck them to the adhesive, and rolled the d2000 pad lip back over. done and done

 

Never mind - you DID use the speed switch frame!  Thanks! 

 

I'm interested in how you did yours for another experiment I want to try. 

post #5541 of 5811

Hey guys, I'm thinking of adding Audeze Vegan Pads onto my Pro 900 because I like the feeling of velour over the heat conduction properties of leather. Anyone done this or think it's a good idea? Do Audeze pads fit into the Pro 900 if I make/acquire switch pads for them? I want velour pads because I don't want to be sweating a lot on these cans, and I chose the Audeze pads because I wanted to try slant pads since everyone has been raving about Alpha/Denon/Jmoney pads on this thread. What does everyone think? Good idea or should I just keep the stock velours?  

post #5542 of 5811

Im not firmiliar with the audeze pads but the denon pads I just threw on definitely make them a bit warmer in terms of heat. I think part of the reason for it might be that they actually fit over your whole ear rather than just most of it. Also the pads I used are much softer than the stock 900 velours. The biggest sq difference that I noticed is the sub-bass, a bit more punch in the very low end. I think I may have took a slight bit off of the mid-bass but not much. The highs are also a bit softer which was just what I needed. Another reason for some of the sound differences in my modification is definitely a result of the foam ring I used to mount the pads. I did several tests with differing thinkness of foam and too much(4 layers/ about 1/4-3/8") killed the bass altogether.

post #5543 of 5811

Thanks for the feedback. I might not get the Audeze pads if no one has said good things about them since $80 is pretty steep for something that might sound like a dud. I just want to get some slant pads that increase soundstage and possibly bass slam. I know the alpha pads do this, but my only other requirement is that they don't heat up since I sometimes take my pro 900s to the gym (no cardio, just lifting) so I don't want to sweat anymore on them than I normally do. 

post #5544 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post
 

Thanks for the feedback. I might not get the Audeze pads if no one has said good things about them since $80 is pretty steep for something that might sound like a dud. I just want to get some slant pads that increase soundstage and possibly bass slam. I know the alpha pads do this, but my only other requirement is that they don't heat up since I sometimes take my pro 900s to the gym (no cardio, just lifting) so I don't want to sweat anymore on them than I normally do. 

I doubt any leather pad will not cause you to sweat, unfortunately.  I like the stock pads and they would be my choice for gym duty. 

post #5545 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

I doubt any leather pad will not cause you to sweat, unfortunately.  I like the stock pads and they would be my choice for gym duty. 

 

Are the only options for velours basically Ultrasone stock velours, Beyerdynamic DT series velours, and Audeze Vegan Velours? Is there any large velour pad choices I've missed that fit the Pro 900 nicely? If not, I guess I'm going to be hitting up Dan and getting some Alpha Pads then. 

 

EDIT: Also, I'll settle for some leathers instead of velours if they have crazy isolation. Does anyone know which aftermarket pads for that can be fitted on the Pro 900 isolate more than others? The more isolation the better. 


Edited by goldenSHK - 9/10/13 at 5:22pm
post #5546 of 5811

the beyer velor fits.... 

the hifimans too..http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=117

 

the LCD velor is maybe one cm bigger, 

u might know how to size/squeeze it down..? :P

 

i would just stick to the stock velor if i have to use velor, but i dun like velor on the pro900

have to be LEATHER mannnnn...:)

 

i wont use/swim with the pro900 in the gym.....hehe.

 

( the denon stock pads are not that durable..it peels/tears quite easily after awhile...maybe i didnt use it, it dried out

faster than i tot..hmmm..looks thin to me )

 

pro900 is by far my fav go-to closed can in all honesty...its a workhorse. i listen from classicals to softrocks on this...

deleted all hardrocks/metals/alloys/zombies from my library. :P

 

=========

 

if i have to bring a can to the gym...right now i would buy a superlux 681 evo...seal up all the vents ...

cut the cable short, ends it to a 1/8in...this 50mm can slammms for 35 to 50bucks..

and the cable will detach easily if it gets caught in the weights..wont yank the whole can off your head.

check out the evo thread.


Edited by Lorspeaker - 9/10/13 at 11:44pm
post #5547 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

the beyer velor fits.... 

the hifimans too..http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=117

 

the LCD velor is maybe one cm bigger, 

u might know how to size/squeeze it down..? :P

 

i would just stick to the stock velor if i have to use velor, but i dun like velor on the pro900

have to be LEATHER mannnnn...:)

 

i wont use/swim with the pro900 in the gym.....hehe.

 

( the denon stock pads are not that durable..it peels/tears quite easily after awhile...maybe i didnt use it, it dried out

faster than i tot..hmmm..looks thin to me )

 

pro900 is by far my fav go-to closed can in all honesty...its a workhorse. i listen to classicals to softrocks on this...

deleted all hardrocks/metals/alloys/zombies from my library. :P

 

Thanks for the options. I guess I'll stick to stock as far as velor is concerned. So time to get some leathers. What is the general consensus on best angled genuine leather pads? Alpha Pads? Audeze pads? Which pads are more comfortable and also use better conducting foam inside that vibrate more if the song has deep bass? :D That's not extremely important, but it would be a nice touch to get a little massage from the pads if the foam inside is dense enough to vibrate at lower frequencies. 

post #5548 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post

Thanks for the options. I guess I'll stick to stock as far as velor is concerned. So time to get some leathers. What is the general consensus on best angled genuine leather pads? Alpha Pads? Audeze pads? Which pads are more comfortable and also use better conducting foam inside that vibrate more if the song has deep bass? biggrin.gif That's not extremely important, but it would be a nice touch to get a little massage from the pads if the foam inside is dense enough to vibrate at lower frequencies. 

I've only tried Alpha, stock Denon D7000 angle and Lawton angle and think the Alphas rule. Put them on d2000's, Q40's and my Pro900's and feel the comfort, isolation and bass are improved on all. I really like the Lawton angles on my modded D7000 but wish the pad removal ring was easier to do to try the Alphas on that headphone.
post #5549 of 5811

i find the alphapads made my 900 a little....."sharp" n "lean" to my ears.....lol.

post #5550 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

i find the alphapads made my 900 a little....."sharp" n "lean" to my ears.....lol.

 

Sharp as in the highs became even more sibilant than they already were? I was hoping for a bit of an airy/expanded soundstage feel and a tad of increased bass. Do the Alpha Pads basically do the opposite? Then how about the Audeze leather pads? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread