Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 375

post #5611 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcub View Post
 

The PRO900's are definitely on my wishlist. The price would be worth it for me if they are something I would want to hold onto for many years to come. But should I go for the less expensie PRO750's or the 900's? If there isn't mush of a difference in sound, then the 750's would be fine right? Or am I missing something about the 900s

 

never go the less expensive route! it's filled with regret and extra money to buy other stuff.

post #5612 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

If u buy the 750....u will still have the nagging feeling that u should hv bot the 900s...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

 

never go the less expensive route! it's filled with regret and extra money to buy other stuff.

 

Ah okay this is true guys. Alright, my mind is all set on the 900s 

:D

 

I'll be trying to grab a pair up in the next few weeks. Can't wait to come back to this forum and post my impressions. I'll also be keeping in mind that they will only get better when used with better gear. Right now, I'm still a noob at all of this stuff, so I don't have any desktop amps or DACs in my inventory. I've read that the Schiit MM lineup or the O2 are good starting points though. Any other beginners suggestions to pair with the 900s?

post #5613 of 5811

u will have to plan around how u wanna use this can....and the budget u wanna bring to bear on this hobby.

The resale mkt is a good place to get to know/own a good spread of gears without suffering hefty losses.

post #5614 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcub View Post
 

 

 

 

Ah okay this is true guys. Alright, my mind is all set on the 900s 

:D

 

I'll be trying to grab a pair up in the next few weeks. Can't wait to come back to this forum and post my impressions. I'll also be keeping in mind that they will only get better when used with better gear. Right now, I'm still a noob at all of this stuff, so I don't have any desktop amps or DACs in my inventory. I've read that the Schiit MM lineup or the O2 are good starting points though. Any other beginners suggestions to pair with the 900s?

I've used them with the FiiO E-11, JDS Labs C421, C&C BK, Digizoid ZO and now the Arrow 3G from a portable side and they all did a nice job, especially the Arrow. 

 

I also run them from my vintage amps and again, they sound excellent.  Just an excellent headphone. 

 

Try the for sale forum - I've seen them for $250ish pretty regularly. 

post #5615 of 5811

I don't have the 750 here to compare directly but they sounded every bit as good as the 900 to me just with less bass quantity. And I'm talking only less quantity not quality. I found the bass quality even better on the 750. The bass on the 900 is so emphasized that it actually hurts itself. I didn't even think that would be possible before I tried the 900 but sure enough, some of the amazing bass texture I loved with the 750s gets "boomed over" by the 900's bass quantity. I don't want to take anyone's love of the PRO 900 away from them (if you want ridiculous amounts of bass quantity they are still the ones to get) but I personally recommend the PRO 750 over the PRO 900. Its still a bassy 'phone and actually has more perceivable bass texture and bass detail compared to the 900 it just has a little bit less bass quantity so the bass doesn't overtake the other frequencies as much, or sound as boomy, or hurt your ears as much at high volume. Other than that I found the two to be basically identical.


Edited by devhen - 10/9/13 at 2:49pm
post #5616 of 5811

i am listening to Fergie's London Bridge right now...(some kind of hiphop song, not my preferred genre)

but it came up on the itune's Genius Mix..shruggs.

the bass is huge, is clear, nothing smeared, 

can hear theTEXTURED skin on the bass...n 3 dimensional. :P

 

i guess somehow my setup managed to control the bass well enuf...(v well? :P )

fault is not with this can definitely if u are hearing somewhat muffled bass. 

 

*my dac is on HIGH gain.

post #5617 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

I don't have the 750 here to compare directly but they sounded every bit as good as the 900 to me just with less bass quantity. And I'm talking only less quantity not quality. I found the bass quality even better on the 750. The bass on the 900 is so emphasized that it actually hurts itself. I didn't even think that would be possible before I tried the 900 but sure enough, some of the amazing bass texture I loved with the 750s gets "boomed over" by the 900's bass quantity. I don't want to take anyone's love of the PRO 900 away from them (if you want ridiculous amounts of bass quantity they are still the ones to get) but I personally recommend the PRO 750 over the PRO 900. Its still a bassy 'phone and actually has more perceivable bass texture and bass detail compared to the 900 it just has a little bit less bass quantity so the bass doesn't overtake the other frequencies as much, or sound as boomy, or hurt your ears as much at high volume. Other than that I found the two to be basically identical.

I agree that the two sound somewhat the same with differences in bass being the dramatic change between the two models. However, when I compared the two cans, the 750 had less depth and width in the soundstage (by just a tad, but noticeable), But yes, I'd recommend people listen to both cans and see which ones they personally prefer; after all, there is no right answer. 

post #5618 of 5811

The call is irresistible.....

u cant go thru headfi life without attempting to subdue the pro900...

the force is strong on this one..submit.

 

:atsmile:

post #5619 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

u will have to plan around how u wanna use this can....and the budget u wanna bring to bear on this hobby.

The resale mkt is a good place to get to know/own a good spread of gears without suffering hefty losses.

Right now I'm still in school, so my budget is somewhat limited. However, all good things come with time and experience. I'm not looking or trying to get the PERFECT setup right now. For me it's all about the music and having fun putting some rigs together. As time goes by, my taste will develop and I'll be able to afford better gear as well. 

The resale market is the place to go or me. 900s still top priority... I LOVE bass.. :basshead:

post #5620 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcub View Post
 

Right now I'm still in school, so my budget is somewhat limited. However, all good things come with time and experience. I'm not looking or trying to get the PERFECT setup right now. For me it's all about the music and having fun putting some rigs together. As time goes by, my taste will develop and I'll be able to afford better gear as well.

The resale market is the place to go or me. 900s still top priority... I LOVE bass.. :basshead:

 

what do you have in your arsenal right now? just curious

post #5621 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

 

what do you have in your arsenal right now? just curious

Sony MDR-XB500 and ATH WS99s

post #5622 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcub View Post



Ah okay this is true guys. Alright, my mind is all set on the 900s 
biggrin.gif

I'll be trying to grab a pair up in the next few weeks. Can't wait to come back to this forum and post my impressions. I'll also be keeping in mind that they will only get better when used with better gear. Right now, I'm still a noob at all of this stuff, so I don't have any desktop amps or DACs in my inventory. I've read that the Schiit MM lineup or the O2 are good starting points though. Any other beginners suggestions to pair with the 900s?
post #5623 of 5811
I have the 900s and the Schiit M&M. Sounds unreal in my opinion.
post #5624 of 5811
In a good way I should add. Phenomenal sound.
post #5625 of 5811

Woohoo, just got mine, the bass is really outstanding!  

I Also got the Neco Soundlab V4 amp that i've heard some good things about.. not sure i hear much of a difference with it connected though heh, the bass might be slightly better (5-10% better, could just as well be placebo - just knowing that i have something connected) maybe slightly "fattter" sound, tried to do some A/B tests with a few songs... kinda wish i went for a digital one istead now, would be of more use probably hehe

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread