Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 373

post #5581 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by illomatic3 View Post

getting my new Pro 900s in tomorrow!!

was wondering what's the best way/ duration to "burn" them in. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff so any suggestions will help!

 

From what I've read the burn in is really long. Some people said 80 hours, but I've even seen someone say 200 hours.

I guess that the burn in varies. I don't really know too much about this, but the leas I can do is tell you what I've heard.
 
As for how to burn in headphones I found this helpful
 
On a side note I'm probably getting my pro 900's sometime later today.:biggrin:
post #5582 of 5811

cool thanks for the info! can't wait to finally get them!

post #5583 of 5811

My pro 900's just arrived and so far they're great! :L3000:

post #5584 of 5811

dun ever sell your pro900s...this can scales with every gear/pad/cable/tube upgrade u throw at it. 

:beerchug:

post #5585 of 5811

Where are you guys getting your brand new Ultrasone Pro 900s for cheap? Besides used ones on eBay, the amazon prices and other vendor prices have shot up recently for some reason. Are they still worth it? I got mine a long time ago when they were ~$200 new, but I've been possibly considering getting one for a friend. 

post #5586 of 5811

I found mine on eBay from a small-time seller. It looks like he has one more. They are brand new but I don't know if you'll get the full manufacturer's warranty. He has them listed at $280. I submitted a best offer of $200 and he counter-offered $220.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161112892368

post #5587 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by devhen View Post
 

I found mine on eBay from a small-time seller. It looks like he has one more. They are brand new but I don't know if you'll get the full manufacturer's warranty. He has them listed at $280. I submitted a best offer of $200 and he counter-offered $220.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161112892368

 

Hah, that's funny because that's who I got mine from as well. I didn't notice he still sold them. He must be getting them for way cheap somehow.Thanks!

post #5588 of 5811
+2 for me that's who I got mine from as well haha. I offered less than what he asked for and he accepted!
post #5589 of 5811

I got these cans about 1 week ago and I'm loving them, but I think that I probably need to get an amp.

Do any of you have any suggestions? (try to keep the price <$100 as my wallet is still kinda sore from the purchase)

 

Thanks for any suggestions

- Mondrow2.0 -

post #5590 of 5811

I noticed the semi-harsh sibilance was pretty much gone at around 40 hours or so.  The longer you burn them in, the smoother the top (and bottom) will be.  The mids will continue to be recessed, since that's part and parcel of the design.

post #5591 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir38 View Post
 

I noticed the semi-harsh sibilance was pretty much gone at around 40 hours or so.  The longer you burn them in, the smoother the top (and bottom) will be.  The mids will continue to be recessed, since that's part and parcel of the design.

 

they never smoothened out for me when i had them. unfortunately...

post #5592 of 5811

Maybe I just lost that frequency band from my hearing!:confused_face_2:

post #5593 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir38 View Post
 

Maybe I just lost that frequency band from my hearing!:confused_face_2:

 

I always wonder this. What if a lot of the effects of burn in is simply due to the fact that certain very delicate hair cell cilia responding to very specific frequencies in the ear are simply killed so the sound of the cans seem to "ease up and smooth out after X amount of hours" where X is the number of hours to completely kill those hair cells? :frown:

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cell

post #5594 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenSHK View Post

I always wonder this. What if a lot of the effects of burn in is simply due to the fact that certain very delicate hair cell cilia responding to very specific frequencies in the ear are simply killed so the sound of the cans seem to "ease up and smooth out after X amount of hours" where X is the number of hours to completely kill those hair cells? frown.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cell
nah, not really. I just left them playing for about 3 days while I was at work. so the burn in would have no effect on my ears. I just know that the snare on Enter Sandman no longer hurt my ears.
post #5595 of 5811

Uhm, ohm, 

I' m the happy owner of pro900 for... about a year, i guess, and still, the more i listen them - the more i'm in love with them (so, that means my love is infinite, hah).

Nevertheless, im thinking of buying signature pro. Dont know why, just something is scratching inside of my head.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread