Awesome! That gives me a warm, fuzzy, and reassuring feeling.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Argh! Why cant I find the right headphones?? Last post on 4/14/12 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones to compliment the LCD-2? Last post on 8/9/11 at 8:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 352
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 58011/18/13 at 4:04pm
Oh yeah for sure. The problem is I bought them from someone selling them used on amazon. They said they got it for a gift. When they arrived you could tell they were not lying but that person did not disclose where she bought them from. I would imagine that would be very helpful when dealing with warranties. I am sending them back to her. And a new pair I bought directly from amazon will arrive saturday. I can not wait. So excited. I am pretty sure everyone can relate to that feeling when you look forward to something and before you get to use it does not work. But round two starts tomorrow lol.post #5268 of 58011/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #5269 of 58011/18/13 at 4:27pmpost #5270 of 58011/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #5271 of 58011/18/13 at 5:53pmpost #5272 of 58011/19/13 at 8:10ampost #5273 of 58011/19/13 at 8:14ampost #5274 of 58011/19/13 at 8:15am
Plus she said she just got them and the cups were as soft as if someone had them for a long time. My new 900 feel like when I got my 750. I think she was lying about the length of time she had them. Am I right?post #5275 of 58011/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #5276 of 58011/19/13 at 9:24pmpost #5277 of 58011/20/13 at 5:54pm
Well I've finally finished reading through this entire thread.. I got my pro 900s about 2 weeks ago, here are my impressions.
Out of the box: Bass sounded bloated and boomy. Highs were not piercing to my ears like I was expecting and sounded great. ( This could be do to my ultra bright speakers in my car ). The mids are recessed and sound distant, however they are greatly detailed! The bass really tightened up ALOT with <20 hours of burn in.
These things are addicting with dubstep and trance. At night I can't take them off lol.
I really don't understand how some people can say that these sound fine out of an ipod.. lol what the hell are you listening to. The bass has no punch and everything just sounds weak like it's lost its life source.
They sound much better with my xonar dx. Good bass, lots of punch, but the extension is lacking. I cannot wait until I amp these properly, I know they will wow me even more.
These have amazing detail retrieval and it's almost impossible for me to listen to anything below 320/flac now because I know I'm missing out on so much.
I previously had the hfi-780 with the O2 amp. This headphone was very aggressive and in your face compared to the 900. It sounded ok, but had no where near the amount of bass needed for bass heavy EDM music. I returned both and decided to just get the pro 900 and wait to amp in the future. People that say amping doesn't make a difference need to stop with the facade.. If I can hear a difference in the hfi 780, the pro 900 must be night and day.. we'll see.
The 900 is all around better than the 780 especially the SQ, bass, and soundstage.
S-logic is indeed kind of weird, but I like it. The instrument separation is superb. It kind of sounds like I can hear more sounds and details out of the left driver than the right, but I think this has to do with S-logic.. Everything is plugged in fine. I bought mine from B&H for $327.00.
I switched from the original stock pads to the other black ones because they are softer and more comfortable. I still need to do some more experimenting with the pads.
I'm pleased with my purchase, but I would like to listen to another pair to compare what I hear.
Edit: I plan on getting a fiio E11/E12 ( anyone know anything about the 12?) or maybe the E17. If anyone can compare the dac on a xonar dx with the E17 that would be awesome!
Edited by LustLoveLuck - 1/20/13 at 5:57pmpost #5278 of 58011/23/13 at 4:30pm
I use asus xonar essence stx which is really good with a built in amp. But the cost is 180. The sound production and amp is great. Well I think "i" products don't put out enough power to meet the ohm's of this particular headphone. I use my phone which has beats audio which puts out higher voltage to amplify but sadly it is also a ****ty equalizer but does fine since I just want listen to music. Thanks for the tip about the back up pads being soft. The ones that come originally on were a tad bit too firm.post #5279 of 58011/24/13 at 4:27pm
Received these earlier this week. Very very very satisfied with them. I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed at first by the signature but as I continued to listen I pretty much fell in love. Psychological burn-in is certainly a real thing.
Any song suggestions to take these cans to their limit? Don't worry about genre--musical preference has nothing to do with this experiment.
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio E18 20 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha A-S500 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 4 minutes ago
- › All-rounder IEMs for laptop and traveling 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Small comparison of AWEI ES800M (Best bang for buck) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)