Awesome! That gives me a warm, fuzzy, and reassuring feeling.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/15/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 9/6/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 12/10/10
- productUltrasone PRO 900 - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$ Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help headphones for rap/hip hop 90% of the time Last post on 1/7/12 at 4:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 352
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5267 of 56961/18/13 at 4:04pm
Oh yeah for sure. The problem is I bought them from someone selling them used on amazon. They said they got it for a gift. When they arrived you could tell they were not lying but that person did not disclose where she bought them from. I would imagine that would be very helpful when dealing with warranties. I am sending them back to her. And a new pair I bought directly from amazon will arrive saturday. I can not wait. So excited. I am pretty sure everyone can relate to that feeling when you look forward to something and before you get to use it does not work. But round two starts tomorrow lol.post #5268 of 56961/18/13 at 4:20pmpost #5269 of 56961/18/13 at 4:27pmpost #5270 of 56961/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #5271 of 56961/18/13 at 5:53pmpost #5272 of 56961/19/13 at 8:10ampost #5273 of 56961/19/13 at 8:14ampost #5274 of 56961/19/13 at 8:15am
Plus she said she just got them and the cups were as soft as if someone had them for a long time. My new 900 feel like when I got my 750. I think she was lying about the length of time she had them. Am I right?post #5275 of 56961/19/13 at 6:40pmpost #5276 of 56961/19/13 at 9:24pmpost #5277 of 56961/20/13 at 5:54pm
Well I've finally finished reading through this entire thread.. I got my pro 900s about 2 weeks ago, here are my impressions.
Out of the box: Bass sounded bloated and boomy. Highs were not piercing to my ears like I was expecting and sounded great. ( This could be do to my ultra bright speakers in my car ). The mids are recessed and sound distant, however they are greatly detailed! The bass really tightened up ALOT with <20 hours of burn in.
These things are addicting with dubstep and trance. At night I can't take them off lol.
I really don't understand how some people can say that these sound fine out of an ipod.. lol what the hell are you listening to. The bass has no punch and everything just sounds weak like it's lost its life source.
They sound much better with my xonar dx. Good bass, lots of punch, but the extension is lacking. I cannot wait until I amp these properly, I know they will wow me even more.
These have amazing detail retrieval and it's almost impossible for me to listen to anything below 320/flac now because I know I'm missing out on so much.
I previously had the hfi-780 with the O2 amp. This headphone was very aggressive and in your face compared to the 900. It sounded ok, but had no where near the amount of bass needed for bass heavy EDM music. I returned both and decided to just get the pro 900 and wait to amp in the future. People that say amping doesn't make a difference need to stop with the facade.. If I can hear a difference in the hfi 780, the pro 900 must be night and day.. we'll see.
The 900 is all around better than the 780 especially the SQ, bass, and soundstage.
S-logic is indeed kind of weird, but I like it. The instrument separation is superb. It kind of sounds like I can hear more sounds and details out of the left driver than the right, but I think this has to do with S-logic.. Everything is plugged in fine. I bought mine from B&H for $327.00.
I switched from the original stock pads to the other black ones because they are softer and more comfortable. I still need to do some more experimenting with the pads.
I'm pleased with my purchase, but I would like to listen to another pair to compare what I hear.
Edit: I plan on getting a fiio E11/E12 ( anyone know anything about the 12?) or maybe the E17. If anyone can compare the dac on a xonar dx with the E17 that would be awesome!
Edited by LustLoveLuck - 1/20/13 at 5:57pmpost #5278 of 56961/23/13 at 4:30pm
I use asus xonar essence stx which is really good with a built in amp. But the cost is 180. The sound production and amp is great. Well I think "i" products don't put out enough power to meet the ohm's of this particular headphone. I use my phone which has beats audio which puts out higher voltage to amplify but sadly it is also a ****ty equalizer but does fine since I just want listen to music. Thanks for the tip about the back up pads being soft. The ones that come originally on were a tad bit too firm.post #5279 of 56961/24/13 at 4:27pm
Received these earlier this week. Very very very satisfied with them. I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed at first by the signature but as I continued to listen I pretty much fell in love. Psychological burn-in is certainly a real thing.
Any song suggestions to take these cans to their limit? Don't worry about genre--musical preference has nothing to do with this experiment.
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Playing high-res music on a Mac 6 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 27 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › fiio e 17 aux used as microphone input for playstation 3? 1 minute ago
- › Phone's (built-in) DAC's and their impact on the soundquality of... 1 minute ago
- › Dog-fi 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 vs RS 180 4 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi