Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 333

post #4981 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post


What motherboard are you using? I am kinda interested in what an E-17 would do too the sound.

 

Have you compared them at length?


Haven't compared them at length. Used them without an amp on an iPod and I still don't hear much difference. The iPod has a decent output impedance and measures rather flat. The E17 had a much bigger effect on IEMs and my Ultrasone DJ1 Pro though.

post #4982 of 5811
This is actually my first high end headphones! Other ones that i had were 40$ ones! I cranked em up really loudly though but they distored a lot! But they never blew!! Yeah i think im going to be careful on the next ones i get!
post #4983 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


Haven't compared them at length. Used them without an amp on an iPod and I still don't hear much difference. The iPod has a decent output impedance and measures rather flat. The E17 had a much bigger effect on IEMs and my Ultrasone DJ1 Pro though.

Whoa that's interesting :O, I've been told and E11 goes well with Pro 900's.... I'm also interested in what you might find from your testing, although I've never had any improvement when using my E6 with my PC's On board sound... but then again it's and E6... 

post #4984 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


Haven't compared them at length. Used them without an amp on an iPod and I still don't hear much difference. The iPod has a decent output impedance and measures rather flat. The E17 had a much bigger effect on IEMs and my Ultrasone DJ1 Pro though.


okay okay...strange two people have such polar opinions on amping tho...I guess i might as well buy an amp to hear the difference for myself. Everything adds up in the end...and then get serious about buying all my music in lossless formats.

 

And just one thing..today (After listening to the pro 900 all day yesterday) I can say I am really getting to know the spectrum of it's bass response...it seems to be slowly taking over my soul...I found that when i moved the headband forward on my head there was more bass overall. I did this a few times to confirm...it works, possibly a better seal on my head, better driver positioning or something. I will probably add it to the diagram i posted when i am finished testing out placement cause i KNOW how finicky this is for some people and S-logic.


Edited by SIDWULF - 9/27/12 at 6:30pm
post #4985 of 5811

Some one mentioned that the "S-Logic" is very finky and some people have ears that are not entirely compatible with the "S-Logic" technology

 

so I'm glad your enjoying them [I wonder why I'm here now actually] Non the less,  I've heard the Denon 2000 is also nice, in addition the xb500 and D 1100 where compared, with the 500 being more bassy but the 1100 cleaner... that considered I'd be willing to bet the d2000 would be on par with the pro 900 if not better [It's in the same price range 300-400]

 

... that being said I wonder if I shouldn't try them to <3 [although the D AH D5000 is around 500 [$400 used]] so <3 so many bass options! 

post #4986 of 5811

Ebay cmoy if u wanna perfect little cheap amp to go wit your pro 900. You will have allot of options too. I got my ultimate cmoy with a 6.3mm out for the headphones. I love that option. A fiio will only make the pro 900's even colder. A cmoy will add a touch of warmth and give it plenty of oomph.

post #4987 of 5811

Mshenay I see you just recently bought a prebuilt cmoy bb. If I had to do it all over again I probably wouldv'e tried to get that wit a 6.3 out as the ultimate cmoy has way more than enuff power but cost twice as much. Did you place a bid 10% under? You can kindof offset the expensive shipping that way. They usually go for it.

post #4988 of 5811

i heard the original cable sux. thus, i am looking for a good replacement cable? any good recommendation? my budget is around 50. thanks

any comment on Oyaide HPC-35? or else

post #4989 of 5811

I heard the cable sucks too...but it looks so thick...why does it suck?

 

It's too short if thats what you mean...
 

post #4990 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyKong View Post

i heard the original cable sux. thus, i am looking for a good replacement cable? any good recommendation? my budget is around 50. thanks

any comment on Oyaide HPC-35? or else


The cable is fine for me. A replaceable cable isn't that hard to make either. One of those threaded jacks from Qables and some Mogami 2893 will do. As for sound, most tests I've seen so far shows that the cables don't make audible differences on a headphone

post #4991 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


The cable is fine for me. A replaceable cable isn't that hard to make either. One of those threaded jacks from Qables and some Mogami 2893 will do. As for sound, most tests I've seen so far shows that the cables don't make audible differences on a headphone


But what is wrong with the cable sound quality wise? I think that is what he was talking about. I know i wouldn't think it would make the least bit of difference.

post #4992 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post


okay okay...strange two people have such polar opinions on amping tho...I guess i might as well buy an amp to hear the difference for myself. Everything adds up in the end...and then get serious about buying all my music in lossless formats.

Well, part of the different opinions is that the gears we're using are different. I've never tried an E-17 so I might even come to the same conclusion as him there.
post #4993 of 5811

Whoa the bass....is strong...with this one...

 

It's so addictive...

 

Had so much fun listening to these today


Edited by SIDWULF - 9/27/12 at 10:18pm
post #4994 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post

Whoa the bass....is strong...with this one...

It's so addictive...wow...

So much fun listening to these today

Have you been trying different positions some more? The sound changes a bit depending on how you wear them. By pushing them forward I seem to get more bloated bass, and pushing them too far back they get too harsh. Keeping them "in-between" I get the best results.
post #4995 of 5811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackeShan View Post


Have you been trying different positions some more? The sound changes a bit depending on how you wear them. By pushing them forward I seem to get more bloated bass, and pushing them too far back they get too harsh. Keeping them "in-between" I get the best results.


By pushing the headband forward there is more bass quantity and quality... by pushing the headphone cups up and back the mids are no longer recessed. This is what i believe to be happening when i do this correct me if i am wrong:

 

 

They sound great, I think i am becoming a pro at placing these now :)...Pro 900's are a wild beast...i knew i could tame them.

 

I tested them with some rock today and they did very well, I am happy, vocals and mid range seemed where they should be.


Edited by SIDWULF - 9/27/12 at 11:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread