Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread - Page 332

post #4966 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


My E17 doesn't do that much to the PRO900. Maybe my onboard is just very decent.


What motherboard are you using? I am kinda interested in what an E-17 would do too the sound.

 

Have you compared them at length?

post #4967 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post


My E17 doesn't do that much to the PRO900. Maybe my onboard is just very decent.

I don't have E17 so I can't comment, but on my gear it's night/ day difference between my onboard (Realtek ALC892).
I'm also interested in what onboard you have. I have never in my life heard even a decent onboard sound chip.
Edited by JackeShan - 9/27/12 at 10:51am
post #4968 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackeShan View Post


I don't have E17 so I can't comment, but on my gear it's night/ day difference between my onboard (Realtek ALC892). I'm also interested in what onboard you have.


ooooo i have the same audio codec...what are the differences you speak of? and be as honest as possible! :)

post #4969 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post


ooooo i have the same audio codec...what are the differences you speak of? and be as honest as possible! smily_headphones1.gif

Better control of the low end, it isn't as "bloated". Soundstage is wider and the overall sound is a lot more neutral with this amplifier. It really makes the headphones come alive I must add.
The sound DO change quite a bit between different gears.

(For anyone not planning on using Pro 900 with an amp; they will still sound good and they are indeed very effecient headphones).
Edited by JackeShan - 9/27/12 at 11:03am
post #4970 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackeShan View Post


Better control of the low end, it isn't as "bloated". Soundstage is wider and the overall sound is a lot more neutral with this amplifier. The sound DO change quite a bit between different gears.


Ecellent...so does the quality of bass improve or does the quantity? Do the highs change at all, if so how?

 

The bass is great as it is...I am noticing how deep it goes in some songs, approaching subwoofer level on my ears sometimes but very clean...very fun at louder volumes where you can appreciate it.

post #4971 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDWULF View Post


Ecellent...so does the quality of bass improve or does the quantity? Do the highs change at all, if so how?

The bass is great as it is...I am noticing how deep it goes in some songs, approaching subwoofer level on my ears sometimes but very clean...very fun at louder volumes where you can appreciate it.

The bass is tighter and punchier, not as messy so I would say the quantity stays pretty much the same, but with better quality. The highs seem to open up more to me and isn't as sibilant. But the headphones are just extremely detailed, no matter what you drive them with. (I actually have to eq the highs just a little bit, otherwise they're too hot for my ears).
post #4972 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackeShan View Post


The bass is tighter and punchier, not as messy so I would say the quantity stays pretty much the same, but with better quality. The highs seem to open up more to me and isn't as sibilant. But the headphones are just extremely detailed, no matter what you drive them with. (I actually have to eq the highs just a little bit, otherwise they're too hot for my ears).

 

The highs...they have a spark to them for sure and dare i say a slightly addictive quality...it's almost like the sound is being resonated from a super clean surface and shimmering into your ears....sparkly, crispy, detailed, a little harsh and raspy in certain situations...but I guess thats what you get for the detail and clarity. I am somewhat against messing with EQ as it seems you are forcing the hardware (The headphone) into regulating its frequencies in an unnatural way by software...Taking away from the sound signature of the headphone.

post #4973 of 5756

I have a problem with mine :S 

Was listening to some music today, fairly loud but I wasn't hearing any distortion. I've been listening to them at the same volume since I got them on tuesday. Now all of a sudden the left speaker stopped. But if I move the headphones around a bit it'll come back on. Changed cable to see if it was my cable that was faulty. Same thing with the other cable. Then i changed back to the other cable that I had before and now I get music from both sides however the left speaker sounds ''blown''. 

 

The two last songs I was playing was Bass Cannon from Plux Pavillion and that one was pretty loud, the second was Tommy's Theme - Noisia and that's where the problem occured. 

 

Did I blow my headphones by playing them too loud? :(


Edited by sweedishpie - 9/27/12 at 1:04pm
post #4974 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedishpie View Post

I have a problem with mine :S 

Was listening to some music today, fairly loud but I wasn't hearing any distortion. I've been listening to them at the same volume since I got them on tuesday. Now all of a sudden the left speaker stopped. But if I move the headphones around a bit it'll come back on. Changed cable to see if it was my cable that was faulty. Same thing with the other cable. Then i changed back to the other cable that I had before and now I get music from both sides however the left speaker sounds ''blown''. 

 

The two last songs I was playing was Bass Cannon from Plux Pavillion and that one was pretty loud, the second was Tommy's Theme - Noisia and that's where the problem occured. 

 

Did I blow my headphones by playing them too loud? :(

that would suck if u did, I'm getting into Flux my self [sounds AWESOME on my Xb700 suckers Getting a cMoy BB so my Dub Step will be INSANE... although I still need something with mids] 

 

I suppose this is unrealted, but on the Electro House bored today I was told the dt 880 is really great for well Eletrco EDM and what not [espically when u amp it] so... that would be awesome if the dt 880 could give me the Mid bass I'm missing with the Xb700, in addition I hear alot of... well Fickality about the Pro 900 [an easy love or hate] that being said I'm glad I didnt get them... they sound nice but they sound well FICKLE... let's hope the dt 880 pulls through <3 then its xb 1000 for me :D

post #4975 of 5756
Spoke to the guy on ebay who sold it to me. Imma rma it! Sucks but what can i do!
post #4976 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedishpie View Post

Spoke to the guy on ebay who sold it to me. Imma rma it! Sucks but what can i do!

that's no fun :/

post #4977 of 5756
Yeah im a bit bummed out :/ was so excited when i got them! Could it be because i hooked em up on my yamaha receiver thru my computer?
post #4978 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedishpie View Post

Yeah im a bit bummed out :/ was so excited when i got them! Could it be because i hooked em up on my yamaha receiver thru my computer?

Maybe I dunno... I'd hope your didn't blow out $300 head phones as easily as it appears u did... what's the OHMS on them and it's still possible, although every time I've blown a pair of head phones out [twice] they where #1 cheap and #2 it was a very LOUD noise and then no noise... 

post #4979 of 5756
I hope so too!!! Maybe its just a manifactures defect! I did crank the bass on my reciever on max! Then i cranked it up. Thing is that i wasnt hearing any distortion! They are 40ohm
post #4980 of 5756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedishpie View Post

I hope so too!!! Maybe its just a manifactures defect! I did crank the bass on my reciever on max! Then i cranked it up. Thing is that i wasnt hearing any distortion! They are 40ohm

Well have you ever had any issues with other 40 ohm head phones before? And as a rule of thump I usually start on low then work my way to higher volumes xD, then again I never listen to music very loudly... [I should really find out the db of the music I usually listen to....] 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ultrasone Pro 900 Appreciation Thread