I like my new ME 11+ iems, but the supplied tips do not give a good seal, they are too pliable and do not provide a good seal. I have had Shure headphones, the e2c and a grey pair (don't remember the model #). Anyway, I like I guess you would call them the olive grey tips of the shures. Now I know the the hard clear plastic tips from my Shure e2c fit my 11+, but they are too unforgiving. The olive\grey tips of the other Shures that I have always gave me a great seal. My question is there a company that makes good tips like the Shure tips that I can use with the 11+?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+?post #1 of 312/9/10 at 10:58amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 312/9/10 at 11:03am
I don't have problems with seal and the provided M11+ tips, but maybe the "fake Sony hybrids" sold on eBay (lostearbuds) will work for you. They're cheap enough to be worth the test.
I've noticed that Meelec silicone tips tend to be very soft, and that may be a problem sometimes.
Another option is to put a bit of foam UNDER the silicone sleeve, thus making it "harder" but still soft enough to adapt to the ear, without affecting sound the way some foams do.post #3 of 312/9/10 at 11:45amThread Starter
I could try the foam thing that you suggested, although it does seem like it might be kind of a pain to keep replacing the foam. I might call Shure to order replacement olive tips for my broken e2c to use them with the 11+.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 42 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear