I like my new ME 11+ iems, but the supplied tips do not give a good seal, they are too pliable and do not provide a good seal. I have had Shure headphones, the e2c and a grey pair (don't remember the model #). Anyway, I like I guess you would call them the olive grey tips of the shures. Now I know the the hard clear plastic tips from my Shure e2c fit my 11+, but they are too unforgiving. The olive\grey tips of the other Shures that I have always gave me a great seal. My question is there a company that makes good tips like the Shure tips that I can use with the 11+?
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productMEElectronics M 11+tagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Why do earphone cables go out? Last post on 7/30/10 at 1:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't have problems with seal and the provided M11+ tips, but maybe the "fake Sony hybrids" sold on eBay (lostearbuds) will work for you. They're cheap enough to be worth the test.
I've noticed that Meelec silicone tips tend to be very soft, and that may be a problem sometimes.
Another option is to put a bit of foam UNDER the silicone sleeve, thus making it "harder" but still soft enough to adapt to the ear, without affecting sound the way some foams do.
I could try the foam thing that you suggested, although it does seem like it might be kind of a pain to keep replacing the foam. I might call Shure to order replacement olive tips for my broken e2c to use them with the 11+.
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › sennheiser HD 558 18 seconds ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 43 seconds ago
- › The RSA Intruder 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Newbie looking for help 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › First over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob