Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Nocs NS800 Stainless Earphones; are they any good?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nocs NS800 Stainless Earphones; are they any good?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

NS800-001-747x525.png

 

I saw these today: http://nocs.se/products/ns800/

The look really cool, especially with the handy built-in mic. They retail for $200 and I was wondering if anyone tried these or has reviews about previous headphones by Nocs.

 

Thanks,

 

Dennis

post #2 of 18

I'm really tempted to buy this one, especially since it's made by a Swedish company based where I live. Not that it says anything about the quality but it's nice to be a little patriotic sometimes. 

post #3 of 18

Looking at the size and specs I'm quite sure they use the TWFK armature, which is also the driver in the UE700, ATH-CK10, DBA-02, JAYS q-JAYS, and a few others. That said, the one semi-credible review (outside of Head-Fi) I've seen of the NS800 compared them to the UE700 and the UE700 came out on top. The UE700 is also the cheapest and IMO worst earphone from the above list so that was enough to make me forget about the NOCS for the time being. If you want something small, Swedish, and with dual armatures, why not just get the q-JAYS?

post #4 of 18

Becasue these ones looks a hole lot better!

post #5 of 18

I really wanted to purchase these as well but they're a little above my budget.  I opted for the NS400 - you can see my short review on the other posting.  The 400s are great in my opinion, very warm sound signature and overall very lively with punchy detailed but not bloated bass.

 

Worth more than the £70 I paid in my opinion.

 

 

post #6 of 18

looks like a tweaked pair of q-jays

post #7 of 18

 

So it seems like they revised them and changed the name to "Nocs NS800 monitors", they'll be released at the end of May, 2012.

 

http://www.nocs.se/collections/all/products/ns800-monitors

 

 

If it is a TWFK, then the wide nozzle is unique, afaik.

 

I love the way they look in white, at least.

 

  • NS800 Monitors (End of May 2012)
post #8 of 18

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Supreme View Post

I really wanted to purchase these as well but they're a little above my budget.  I opted for the NS400 - you can see my short review on the other posting.  The 400s are great in my opinion, very warm sound signature and overall very lively with punchy detailed but not bloated bass.

 

Worth more than the £70 I paid in my opinion.

 

The NS400 is interesting too, it has titanium coated drivers, which I've only heard of in the $250 Hifiman RE272.

 

 

post #9 of 18

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

The NS400 is interesting too, it has titanium coated drivers, which I've only heard of in the $250 Hifiman RE272.

 

I believe the Nuforce NE-700X also has titanium-coated drivers, so perhaps it's not as exotic as it seems...

post #10 of 18

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

I believe the Nuforce NE-700X also has titanium-coated drivers, so perhaps it's not as exotic as it seems...

 

If the car audio system I heard (with titanium tweeters) and the RE272 are any indication, it sounds very good, though not as exotic as Beryllium.

 

Thanks for that.  Hadn't heard of the NE-700X, seems pretty up there according to this review - http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/earphones/1350-nuforce-ne-700x-earbuds.html?showall=1

 

 

This review gives some accolades to the Nocs NS400.  Now I'm wondering if it sounds anything like the Hifiman RE272 or those titanium tweeters I heard.  They used the word "revealing" six times ... ...

 

 

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

If the car audio system I heard (with titanium tweeters) and the RE272 are any indication, it sounds very good, though not as exotic as Beryllium.

 

Thanks for that.  Hadn't heard of the NE-700X, seems pretty up there according to this review - http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/earphones/1350-nuforce-ne-700x-earbuds.html?showall=1

 

This review gives some accolades to the Nocs NS400.  Now I'm wondering if it sounds anything like the Hifiman RE272 or those titanium tweeters I heard.  They used the word "revealing" six times ...

 

Well, the only thing I know is that the NE-700 is supposed to be pretty bassy, but perhaps it's pretty good.

post #12 of 18

 

One amazon review says the NS400 has more clarity than the NE-700X.

 

I'm definitely adding Hifiman RE262 and Nocs NS400 to my list.  I loved the Hifiman RE272 as far as dynamic drivers are concerned, not to mention the Audio Technica A2000X (titanium cups / resonance... seemed to elicit an ethereal flavour imho).

 

post #13 of 18
New nocs will not be using a TWFK I have been informed!

I'll update with more info as I get it. I can't say anything more now:
post #14 of 18

The new NOCS ... new driver!

post #15 of 18

New Nocs NS800 en route to swimsonny

 

Happy bunny!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Nocs NS800 Stainless Earphones; are they any good?