Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo ) - Page 86

post #1276 of 1326

Has anyone else found the E11 not that good of a match with the M50?

Maybe a slightly warm sounding headphone + amp is a very bad idea..

Switched to my even less powerful Nuforce Mobile and it was like a night and day improvement.

No, I'm not say anything negative about the E11..just that maybe it's not as good for specific headphones.

 

post #1277 of 1326

i found the e11 to be quite transparent on the 0 EQ setting. im using it to power srh940s off an ipod classic.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Has anyone else found the E11 not that good of a match with the M50?

Maybe a slightly warm sounding headphone + amp is a very bad idea..

Switched to my even less powerful Nuforce Mobile and it was like a night and day improvement.

No, I'm not say anything negative about the E11..just that maybe it's not as good for specific headphones.

 



 

post #1278 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

Has anyone else found the E11 not that good of a match with the M50?

Maybe a slightly warm sounding headphone + amp is a very bad idea..

Switched to my even less powerful Nuforce Mobile and it was like a night and day improvement.

No, I'm not say anything negative about the E11..just that maybe it's not as good for specific headphones.

 


Try high gain but on equaliser 0 or 1. Or try Low gain on equaliser 1. Don't use equaliser 2 as the M50's are already boomy.

 

post #1279 of 1326


try low or high gain... but keep it on EQ 0. no need for added bass for the M50s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post




Try high gain but on equaliser 0 or 1. Or try Low gain on equaliser 1. Don't use equaliser 2 as the M50's are already boomy.

 



 

post #1280 of 1326

Call me nuts, but I find the M50's lacking bass compared to my heavily modded HD438.

post #1281 of 1326

I'm looking for a portable device to drive my headphones (Porta pro, HD-555, Superlux HD-668) in price range ~70 euros. So is there any other amps to consider in that price? And because I will be using Fiio e11 or any other device only with iPhone, I wont need a DAC, right?

 

Never mind, I already ordered Fiio E11...


Edited by J 92 - 9/21/11 at 11:40am
post #1282 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElcomeSoft View Post

Just bit on an E11. Should be here within 48 hours :)

 

Will report back.


First off I know I'm quoting myself but my E11 arrived today and I wanted to update.

 

If I could just put everything in caps lock, I would at this moment in time.

 

At 0 EQ and Low Gain, my Mi-1's sound like an entirely new IEM... there's more clarity, more body and the bass actually comes out now. IT'S @%&$ing AMAZING. I know my Mi-1's were custom tuned to my preference by Minerva (I cannot thank Lee enough for his support there) and the highs and mids are of RE-ZERO feel and quality.... Within Temptation's Forgiven is like the musical equivalent of an orgasm.

 

Alright, so I've only listened to two songs but I'm blown away.

 

Simple questions: How do I find out what settings for Gain and the Equaliser suit me best? Listen, play around and leave it at what I enjoy the most?

post #1283 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElcomeSoft View Post

 

Simple questions: How do I find out what settings for Gain and the Equaliser suit me best? Listen, play around and leave it at what I enjoy the most?


Yep, but you would most likely change settings a bit for different headphones and iem's you might have other then your Mi-1's.

 

post #1284 of 1326

Would the E11 make a difference with an IEM? CK100 is picky with sources, but I don't know about amplification.

post #1285 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWolf View Post

Would the E11 make a difference with an IEM? CK100 is picky with sources, but I don't know about amplification.



Yes, it will make a difference to almost anything you throw at it, except harder to drive headphones etc.

post #1286 of 1326

Is the E11 a good pairing with the Turbine Pro Coppers?

post #1287 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post

Is the E11 a good pairing with the Turbine Pro Coppers?


They are okay, nothing particularly great in synergy. Then again, MTPC is fairly easy to drive and I don't think it needs extra amping.

 

post #1288 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post




They are okay, nothing particularly great in synergy. Then again, MTPC is fairly easy to drive and I don't think it needs extra amping.

 


Would it help for low volume listening? I find the MTPC loses alot of dynamics if I don't have my Fuze's volume at at least -10db

 

post #1289 of 1326

I don't think it has much to do with Fuze ability to drive MTPC at low volume. Some IEM are just better at high volume while others are better at low volume.

post #1290 of 1326

I'm considering an E11 with the L9 Line Out cable to pair with my ipod touch. I will use them with either my Denon AH-C 751s for mobile use, or at home with my AKG 501 or a pair of 701s would this be a good set up or should I consider something else? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › E11, a new start of FiiO's portable amp ( added some real photo )