Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/10/10
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/10/10
- productSony Mdr-Ex700Lp Earbud Style Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/10
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for hip-hop and rap! Last post on 6/6/11 at 2:07am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Universal IEMs that are STURDY? Last post on 6/3/11 at 8:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best >$250 in ear for my needs Last post on 1/16/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is this why people like the IE7 so much? Last post on 4/10/11 at 6:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $300 for IEMs Last post on 3/14/11 at 1:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sennheiser IE8: The Search for the Perfect Tips - Page 3post #31 of 4012/15/11 at 2:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4012/28/11 at 7:39ampost #33 of 401/11/12 at 4:49pmpost #34 of 401/12/12 at 5:43am
Email sent, for everyone else,
They came from ListenHear/StarKey , I worked with a local Audiologist to get the impressions done and get the tips made the way I wanted them.
Cost was $150 but it looks like ListenHear is no more and is now, Tunz (http://www.trytunz.com) and I don’t see them listing the custom tips anymore.
Starkey still makes custom molds for phones so my guess is they still do headphones also.
I would try contacting a local Starkey Audiologist if you are interested and see if they still will make them.
You could also try Kozee and see if they can make them specifically for the IE8, they only charge $80 and send a kit to make your own impressions (I would still recommend having and Audiologist do it).
Edit: Looks like ListenHears Canadian site is still up: http://www.listenhear.ca/products_specialty_products.htm and lists them as the Tunz Custom Earmolds for Headphones.
The biggest challenge is getting the tips to be molded around the IE8s.
Basically you want this:
And not this:
Edited by dosley01 - 1/12/12 at 6:12ampost #35 of 405/16/12 at 8:21am
This is a old tread ..
But just my 2 cents. I've done custom sleeves before and now they are just sitting in a box.
I find them comfortable but sound wise, not as good as a proper fitting tips.
What i understand so far is.
1st if they are too deep isolation is great but i notice that the sq will be affected. (like talking though a tube)
2nd the opening port of the tip and the canal within the custom sleeve has to be close to the size of the actual opening of the IEM. or the sound will be changed too.
but for me it turned out the change is not to my liking = (
tips to make a better custom sleeve. not to be too deep, and do take note on the canal size.
no doubt isolation is good, and very comfortable too.
but i think if you can find a good fitting tips you'll save time and money on custom sleeves.post #36 of 405/26/13 at 5:26pmi know this is old but i took some comply foams and cut them in half and than took the roam "ring" and inserted it between the flange and innertube part on some jvc tips i got from hafx40s(like the sony foam/rubber hybrid tips). wow! amazing soundstage and the isolation is solid in -25db range.post #37 of 405/27/13 at 1:07ampost #38 of 405/27/13 at 11:02pmpost #39 of 405/28/13 at 8:03amtryed this so many times but you need a very specialized machine to bore out the center of memory foam like that.very dangerous with a drill and tryed with a very cheap soldering iron.... made a big smelly mess.... not funpost #40 of 4012/4/13 at 8:40pmI've just sent my ie80 to a local audiologist, to make my second pair of custom sleeve.
This time requested the softer type of mold. Hopefully they could mold it around the IE80.
Best part it cost me only $28 for a pair ^^
Will post pics when I receive them, next week.
Edited by IcedLInk - 12/4/13 at 8:42pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8: The Search for the Perfect Tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 34 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › Good tool to measure your headphone db? 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for metal and rock music at ~1000USD 3 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from here? Schiit Modi 2u>Ragnarok>HE-400i 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 7 minutes ago
- › Joseph Grado HP1000 hp2 (mint) 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear