I have compared them (m3 and q jays) and I decided m3 is the best one for me. I find it more musical than q jays for trance. Sometimes q jays highs makes my ears rally painful. I think they're not nuatural a lil bit artificial.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productJAYS q-JAYS Dual Armature In-Ear Earphones (White)tagged by System, 12/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- JAYS q-JAYS Last post on 7/31/11 at 11:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- q-JAYS and a-JAYS with Cable Problems Last post on 5/27/11 at 11:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's to fall asleep with Last post on 4/29/11 at 3:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help choosing between my top 3 seeds: Jays Q-jays, UE700s and Phonak Audeo PF 012 (perfect bass) Last post on 11/30/10 at 1:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there a Q-jays appreciation thread? Last post on 6/28/11 at 3:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Jays q-Jays for trance? - Page 2post #16 of 2112/19/10 at 3:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2112/19/10 at 3:59pmQuote:
How long did you burn in your Q-jays for? I find that they require at least 50 hours of burn in for the treble to even out. After 100 hours or so, the sibilance in the treble almost completely disappears and the sound becomes fuller and warmer. There is still occasional harshness here and there, but that's the fault of the recording, not the q-jays. Q-jays are very sensitive to recording quality and will reveal all the artefacts very clearly, unlike most cheaper IEMs and headphones.post #18 of 2112/19/10 at 10:14pmpost #19 of 2112/19/10 at 11:02pm
I tried some Q-jays today. First impressions was that they seemed a little flat and required some EQ from the Conwon. Mind you these were brand new and not burned in but i thought these cans were a great fit.post #20 of 2112/20/10 at 12:36am
Yes, as I said earlier..without the EQ they are very flat and neutral..very little coloration. But if equalized carefully, they can be very musical and great fun! I really enjoy them with trance music.
Quote:Originally Posted by Tmaster100
I tried some Q-jays today. First impressions was that they seemed a little flat and required some EQ from the Conwon. Mind you these were brand new and not burned in but i thought these cans were a great fit.
xPro_MetheuSx: Yes, they can be a little sibilant, and I'm not really sure burn in would help much (if at all). I have controlled the sibilance with the equalizer, but it doesn't suit everyone.post #21 of 2112/20/10 at 10:31amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jays q-Jays for trance?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 47 seconds ago
- › WTB: Balanced cable for Audioquest Nighthawk 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 3 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 3 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear