I AM A WEEK AWAY FROM PURCHASING MY DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THEM
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- I sold my pair of Beats Studio. Last post on 9/8/13 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Dr Dre Studio - Bose QuietComfort 15 or ...? Last post on 11/5/11 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice for Ultrasone PRO900 :) Last post on 10/15/11 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?post #1 of 13412/8/10 at 7:27amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 13412/8/10 at 7:40am
I have a friend who mostly listens to hiphop. She did some research when buying headphones and shelled out for beats. The $400 ones, I think. She tried my Shure SRH750DJ headphones yesterday. She thinks they sound really good. Don't know what you want to make of that, but I think it's a good starting point.
While Shure is a relatively new player in headphone market, they're well proven in IEMs, mics, rack-mount mixers, and other pro-audio gear. These guys don't mess around, and the quality is excellent. They expect professionals to use and like their equipment, and design it with that in mind.
Contrast this with Monster, also relatively new to the headphone market. Monster makes a living by selling overpriced cables to people, claiming that they'll make an "unbelievable" difference. The actual difference is virtually unmeasurable, and sometimes Monster is worse than no-name cables. On top of this, they're paying Dr. Dre for the use of his name, and passing the "savings" on to you.
In short, who would you go with? The no nonsense pro-audio company with a proven record? Or the retail, overpriced cable company?
I'm sure this argument applies to many others, not just Shure vs. Monster. This is why The Beats don't get any love around here.
P.S. As an example of monster "Quality," take their DVI-HDMI adaptors. I was doing near-field EMI testing of a DVI-HDMI link recently and found that the worst leak in the entire chain was the DVI-HDMI adaptor. After more inspection, it turned out that Monster DVI-HDMI adaptors leak worse than any others we had, including several unbranded ones. Of course we had several pro-video ones in the mix. Just another example of how pro electronics will beat out "high-end" retail electronics almost every time.post #3 of 13412/8/10 at 7:42ampost #4 of 13412/8/10 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #5 of 13412/8/10 at 7:54amQuote:
According to this site, £229 is about $361 USD, $365 CAD.
Edited by deadhead12 - 12/8/10 at 7:55ampost #6 of 13412/9/10 at 6:58pm
i gave them a listen at best buy. they are beautiful, they have a LOT of bass. the highs were really harsh. the mid-range was mediocre and flat(or maybe the bass was covering the mids up, i don't know). they are very expensive for the sound quality you get. if i could sum it all up, i would say, take your typical boom car with the ear piercing highs, and strap that sound to your ears. i would have given a more detailed summarization, but i did not want to leave them on my head for more than a couple of minutes. if you like them and want them, do what's gonna make you happy.post #7 of 13412/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #8 of 13412/9/10 at 7:38pm
Yeah chill OP. Caps makes it seem like people are being screamed at.
Also, one of these threads gets posted every single day.....
To make the long story short. If you're set on buying them, stop reading this thread because its just going to hurt you after you get them. If you're open to not purchasing them, keep reading it because everyone will tell you its a waste of money. Which it is.post #9 of 13412/9/10 at 7:47pm
If there is something about the beats studio you don't like then people here can help try to find that for you, but if there is nothing about them that you don't like, then you should go for them. I find there bass to be fun, punchy, and has good energy for hip hop. Also just keep in mind that most here, their priority is sound quality first so some of these headphones may not be all that much of a looker. Also headfier's judge sound quality more critically and analytically than the general consumer, so what may be acceptable to you my not be to headfier.
Edited by soundeffect - 12/9/10 at 7:50pmpost #10 of 13412/9/10 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 13412/9/10 at 9:50pm
Don't listen to him OP, he's "taking the piss" as you Brits call it. A lot of people here would agree when I say you could get much better headphones at that price.
EDIT: I'm allowed to say "piss" on these forums, right? If not then I'll be happy to edit it out.
Edited by TheSlinky - 12/9/10 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 13412/9/10 at 11:27pm
sometimes I wonder if people who ask these questions are trolling us, and then I go to work and am forced to say that the beats headphones are the best we have (because the rest is cheapo crap). So I help in creating these people.
If you warmth: get grados. if you want accurate mids and highs: get sennheisers. if you want the best F#$# driver for the cheapest price: get the fostex t50rp. Beats sound like you are in a cholo car with 200 amp subwoofers and cardboard speakers. that is all.post #13 of 13412/10/10 at 12:17amThread Starter
sorry about the 'caps', and what model of grado's would you suggest for the budget i have £250?
i am after a really nice looking set, with good bass ( as i listen to hiphop, rock and trance)
hope you guys can helppost #14 of 13412/10/10 at 7:09am
This thread is locked
- DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Indonesian portable DAP prototype discussion (split from Tera... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A3 vs Sennheiser IE80? Which one is better? 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA Z5 + LItz Cable/ PRICE DROPP!!!! 3 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear