I AM A WEEK AWAY FROM PURCHASING MY DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THEM
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- I sold my pair of Beats Studio. Last post on 9/8/13 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Dr Dre Studio - Bose QuietComfort 15 or ...? Last post on 11/5/11 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice for Ultrasone PRO900 :) Last post on 10/15/11 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?post #1 of 13412/8/10 at 7:27amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 13412/8/10 at 7:40am
I have a friend who mostly listens to hiphop. She did some research when buying headphones and shelled out for beats. The $400 ones, I think. She tried my Shure SRH750DJ headphones yesterday. She thinks they sound really good. Don't know what you want to make of that, but I think it's a good starting point.
While Shure is a relatively new player in headphone market, they're well proven in IEMs, mics, rack-mount mixers, and other pro-audio gear. These guys don't mess around, and the quality is excellent. They expect professionals to use and like their equipment, and design it with that in mind.
Contrast this with Monster, also relatively new to the headphone market. Monster makes a living by selling overpriced cables to people, claiming that they'll make an "unbelievable" difference. The actual difference is virtually unmeasurable, and sometimes Monster is worse than no-name cables. On top of this, they're paying Dr. Dre for the use of his name, and passing the "savings" on to you.
In short, who would you go with? The no nonsense pro-audio company with a proven record? Or the retail, overpriced cable company?
I'm sure this argument applies to many others, not just Shure vs. Monster. This is why The Beats don't get any love around here.
P.S. As an example of monster "Quality," take their DVI-HDMI adaptors. I was doing near-field EMI testing of a DVI-HDMI link recently and found that the worst leak in the entire chain was the DVI-HDMI adaptor. After more inspection, it turned out that Monster DVI-HDMI adaptors leak worse than any others we had, including several unbranded ones. Of course we had several pro-video ones in the mix. Just another example of how pro electronics will beat out "high-end" retail electronics almost every time.post #3 of 13412/8/10 at 7:42ampost #4 of 13412/8/10 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #5 of 13412/8/10 at 7:54amQuote:
According to this site, £229 is about $361 USD, $365 CAD.
Edited by deadhead12 - 12/8/10 at 7:55ampost #6 of 13412/9/10 at 6:58pm
i gave them a listen at best buy. they are beautiful, they have a LOT of bass. the highs were really harsh. the mid-range was mediocre and flat(or maybe the bass was covering the mids up, i don't know). they are very expensive for the sound quality you get. if i could sum it all up, i would say, take your typical boom car with the ear piercing highs, and strap that sound to your ears. i would have given a more detailed summarization, but i did not want to leave them on my head for more than a couple of minutes. if you like them and want them, do what's gonna make you happy.post #7 of 13412/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #8 of 13412/9/10 at 7:38pm
Yeah chill OP. Caps makes it seem like people are being screamed at.
Also, one of these threads gets posted every single day.....
To make the long story short. If you're set on buying them, stop reading this thread because its just going to hurt you after you get them. If you're open to not purchasing them, keep reading it because everyone will tell you its a waste of money. Which it is.post #9 of 13412/9/10 at 7:47pm
If there is something about the beats studio you don't like then people here can help try to find that for you, but if there is nothing about them that you don't like, then you should go for them. I find there bass to be fun, punchy, and has good energy for hip hop. Also just keep in mind that most here, their priority is sound quality first so some of these headphones may not be all that much of a looker. Also headfier's judge sound quality more critically and analytically than the general consumer, so what may be acceptable to you my not be to headfier.
Edited by soundeffect - 12/9/10 at 7:50pmpost #10 of 13412/9/10 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 13412/9/10 at 9:50pm
Don't listen to him OP, he's "taking the piss" as you Brits call it. A lot of people here would agree when I say you could get much better headphones at that price.
EDIT: I'm allowed to say "piss" on these forums, right? If not then I'll be happy to edit it out.
Edited by TheSlinky - 12/9/10 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 13412/9/10 at 11:27pm
sometimes I wonder if people who ask these questions are trolling us, and then I go to work and am forced to say that the beats headphones are the best we have (because the rest is cheapo crap). So I help in creating these people.
If you warmth: get grados. if you want accurate mids and highs: get sennheisers. if you want the best F#$# driver for the cheapest price: get the fostex t50rp. Beats sound like you are in a cholo car with 200 amp subwoofers and cardboard speakers. that is all.post #13 of 13412/10/10 at 12:17amThread Starter
sorry about the 'caps', and what model of grado's would you suggest for the budget i have £250?
i am after a really nice looking set, with good bass ( as i listen to hiphop, rock and trance)
hope you guys can helppost #14 of 13412/10/10 at 7:09am
This thread is locked
- DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70 6 minutes ago
- › How to create M3U playlists for use on the X1, X3 and X5 from your... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for Wide Soundstage IEMs, up to 250$ 9 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...