I AM A WEEK AWAY FROM PURCHASING MY DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THEM
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some help on what to get. Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- I sold my pair of Beats Studio. Last post on 9/8/13 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to try Grado SR-80i but... Last post on 10/27/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Dr Dre Studio - Bose QuietComfort 15 or ...? Last post on 11/5/11 at 4:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need advice for Ultrasone PRO900 :) Last post on 10/15/11 at 5:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?post #1 of 13412/8/10 at 7:27amThread Starterpost #2 of 13412/8/10 at 7:40am
I have a friend who mostly listens to hiphop. She did some research when buying headphones and shelled out for beats. The $400 ones, I think. She tried my Shure SRH750DJ headphones yesterday. She thinks they sound really good. Don't know what you want to make of that, but I think it's a good starting point.
While Shure is a relatively new player in headphone market, they're well proven in IEMs, mics, rack-mount mixers, and other pro-audio gear. These guys don't mess around, and the quality is excellent. They expect professionals to use and like their equipment, and design it with that in mind.
Contrast this with Monster, also relatively new to the headphone market. Monster makes a living by selling overpriced cables to people, claiming that they'll make an "unbelievable" difference. The actual difference is virtually unmeasurable, and sometimes Monster is worse than no-name cables. On top of this, they're paying Dr. Dre for the use of his name, and passing the "savings" on to you.
In short, who would you go with? The no nonsense pro-audio company with a proven record? Or the retail, overpriced cable company?
I'm sure this argument applies to many others, not just Shure vs. Monster. This is why The Beats don't get any love around here.
P.S. As an example of monster "Quality," take their DVI-HDMI adaptors. I was doing near-field EMI testing of a DVI-HDMI link recently and found that the worst leak in the entire chain was the DVI-HDMI adaptor. After more inspection, it turned out that Monster DVI-HDMI adaptors leak worse than any others we had, including several unbranded ones. Of course we had several pro-video ones in the mix. Just another example of how pro electronics will beat out "high-end" retail electronics almost every time.post #3 of 13412/8/10 at 7:42ampost #4 of 13412/8/10 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #5 of 13412/8/10 at 7:54amQuote:
According to this site, £229 is about $361 USD, $365 CAD.
Edited by deadhead12 - 12/8/10 at 7:55ampost #6 of 13412/9/10 at 6:58pm
i gave them a listen at best buy. they are beautiful, they have a LOT of bass. the highs were really harsh. the mid-range was mediocre and flat(or maybe the bass was covering the mids up, i don't know). they are very expensive for the sound quality you get. if i could sum it all up, i would say, take your typical boom car with the ear piercing highs, and strap that sound to your ears. i would have given a more detailed summarization, but i did not want to leave them on my head for more than a couple of minutes. if you like them and want them, do what's gonna make you happy.post #7 of 13412/9/10 at 7:30pmpost #8 of 13412/9/10 at 7:38pm
Yeah chill OP. Caps makes it seem like people are being screamed at.
Also, one of these threads gets posted every single day.....
To make the long story short. If you're set on buying them, stop reading this thread because its just going to hurt you after you get them. If you're open to not purchasing them, keep reading it because everyone will tell you its a waste of money. Which it is.post #9 of 13412/9/10 at 7:47pm
If there is something about the beats studio you don't like then people here can help try to find that for you, but if there is nothing about them that you don't like, then you should go for them. I find there bass to be fun, punchy, and has good energy for hip hop. Also just keep in mind that most here, their priority is sound quality first so some of these headphones may not be all that much of a looker. Also headfier's judge sound quality more critically and analytically than the general consumer, so what may be acceptable to you my not be to headfier.
Edited by soundeffect - 12/9/10 at 7:50pmpost #10 of 13412/9/10 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 13412/9/10 at 9:50pm
Don't listen to him OP, he's "taking the piss" as you Brits call it. A lot of people here would agree when I say you could get much better headphones at that price.
EDIT: I'm allowed to say "piss" on these forums, right? If not then I'll be happy to edit it out.
Edited by TheSlinky - 12/9/10 at 9:54pmpost #12 of 13412/9/10 at 11:27pm
sometimes I wonder if people who ask these questions are trolling us, and then I go to work and am forced to say that the beats headphones are the best we have (because the rest is cheapo crap). So I help in creating these people.
If you warmth: get grados. if you want accurate mids and highs: get sennheisers. if you want the best F#$# driver for the cheapest price: get the fostex t50rp. Beats sound like you are in a cholo car with 200 amp subwoofers and cardboard speakers. that is all.post #13 of 13412/10/10 at 12:17amThread Starter
sorry about the 'caps', and what model of grado's would you suggest for the budget i have £250?
i am after a really nice looking set, with good bass ( as i listen to hiphop, rock and trance)
hope you guys can helppost #14 of 13412/10/10 at 7:09am
This thread is locked
- DR DRE STUDIO BEATS . GOOD OR NOT?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 5 seconds ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 25 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)