Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fake ATH-ES10?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake ATH-ES10?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks

post #2 of 13

If it's too good to be true ?
Where are you buying them from?

post #3 of 13

Yep, it has. frown.gif I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Yep, it has. frown.gif I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.

Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.

 

Thanks
 

post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzraider View Post

Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.

 

Thanks
 



My bad. redface.gif

 

It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.


Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57am
post #6 of 13

ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine

 

ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i think

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proglover View Post

ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine

 

ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i think



In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?

 

Thanks

post #8 of 13

ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%.  When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used.  I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price.  Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9.  Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan.  If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320. 

post #9 of 13

you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious.  The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk?  Use your gut feeling.  In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go. 

 

Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 

Okay, I guess I slowly save up more $$$ for a peace of mind.

post #11 of 13

I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped.  I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.  

post #12 of 13

Anyone have links to a fake at all?

 

 

I'm buying a second-hand ES10 right now and I'm a little concerned.
 
post #13 of 13
Did the OP get the ES10 in the end?
Has anyone seen fake ES10s?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fake ATH-ES10?