Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Fake ATH-ES10?post #1 of 1312/7/10 at 9:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1312/7/10 at 11:19pmpost #3 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00am
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.post #4 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.
Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.
post #5 of 1312/8/10 at 1:56amQuote:
It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.
Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57ampost #6 of 1312/8/10 at 3:01am
ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine
ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i thinkpost #7 of 1312/8/10 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?
Thankspost #8 of 1312/8/10 at 12:02pm
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%. When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used. I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price. Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9. Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan. If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320.post #9 of 1312/8/10 at 2:37pm
you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious. The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk? Use your gut feeling. In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go.
Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.post #10 of 1312/8/10 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 131/4/11 at 12:27am
I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped. I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 7:55am
- Fake ATH-ES10?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 37 seconds ago
- › ALAC vs. FLAC 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 6 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 32 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...