Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Fake ATH-ES10?post #1 of 1312/7/10 at 9:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1312/7/10 at 11:19pmpost #3 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00am
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.post #4 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.
Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.
post #5 of 1312/8/10 at 1:56amQuote:
It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.
Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57ampost #6 of 1312/8/10 at 3:01am
ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine
ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i thinkpost #7 of 1312/8/10 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?
Thankspost #8 of 1312/8/10 at 12:02pm
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%. When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used. I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price. Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9. Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan. If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320.post #9 of 1312/8/10 at 2:37pm
you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious. The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk? Use your gut feeling. In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go.
Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.post #10 of 1312/8/10 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 131/4/11 at 12:27am
I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped. I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 7:55am
- Fake ATH-ES10?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audible Differences in Copper vs. Silver Cables? 12 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2