Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Fake ATH-ES10?post #1 of 1312/7/10 at 9:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1312/7/10 at 11:19pmpost #3 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00am
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.post #4 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.
Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.
post #5 of 1312/8/10 at 1:56amQuote:
It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.
Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57ampost #6 of 1312/8/10 at 3:01am
ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine
ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i thinkpost #7 of 1312/8/10 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?
Thankspost #8 of 1312/8/10 at 12:02pm
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%. When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used. I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price. Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9. Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan. If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320.post #9 of 1312/8/10 at 2:37pm
you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious. The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk? Use your gut feeling. In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go.
Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.post #10 of 1312/8/10 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 131/4/11 at 12:27am
I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped. I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 7:55am
- Fake ATH-ES10?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1? 1 minute ago
- › Pls HELP - better Headphones for FiiO X3 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3