Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Fake ATH-ES10?post #1 of 1312/7/10 at 9:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1312/7/10 at 11:19pmpost #3 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00am
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.post #4 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.
Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.
post #5 of 1312/8/10 at 1:56amQuote:
It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.
Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57ampost #6 of 1312/8/10 at 3:01am
ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine
ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i thinkpost #7 of 1312/8/10 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?
Thankspost #8 of 1312/8/10 at 12:02pm
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%. When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used. I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price. Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9. Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan. If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320.post #9 of 1312/8/10 at 2:37pm
you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious. The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk? Use your gut feeling. In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go.
Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.post #10 of 1312/8/10 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 131/4/11 at 12:27am
I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped. I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 7:55am
Anyone have links to a fake at all?I'm buying a second-hand ES10 right now and I'm a little concerned.
- Fake ATH-ES10?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 12 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob