Has this happened yet? I would really like some input on this. I'm being offered these for around 150$, so I'm worried. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Open and Closed Headphones $300-$500 range. Last post on 10/4/11 at 10:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable closed-back headphones? Last post on 10/5/11 at 3:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help on what headphone to buy.... Last post on 7/23/11 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Detox Beats by Dre Last post on 8/4/11 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Itching 2 Upgrade ! [m50] Last post on 7/19/11 at 2:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Fake ATH-ES10?post #1 of 1312/7/10 at 9:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1312/7/10 at 11:19pmpost #3 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00am
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.post #4 of 1312/8/10 at 12:00amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
Yep, it has. I once saw a thread on one on a French-language forum. There were quite a few subtle exterior cues that gave away the fake, and one very obvious one: the wood grain was printed! If you can contact the seller and he/she can take pictures of the cans themselves, have them send a close-up shot of the wood on the cups. The printer dots are very obvious. Also, the pattern will probably be identical on both cups, which should never happen with real wood.
Nonono, I'm talking about ES10, the metal housing one.
post #5 of 1312/8/10 at 1:56amQuote:
It's way too early in the morning where I am. I guess everybody is allowed one mistake once in a while, and this was mine. Hopefully somebody will be able to chime in with a real answer.
Edited by Argyris - 12/8/10 at 1:57ampost #6 of 1312/8/10 at 3:01am
ES10 new for 150? Seems too good to be true/genuine
ES7 has lots of fakes floating around, from Hong Kong i thinkpost #7 of 1312/8/10 at 9:48amThread StarterQuote:
In that case, does anybody know where I can get the best deal for these headphones that would be legitimate?
Thankspost #8 of 1312/8/10 at 12:02pm
ES-10 for $150 is fake 100%. When it's selling in Japan wholesellers for a little over ¥20,000 there is no way with currency conversion for it be to under $200, even used. I bought mine on accessoryjack for $400 and definitely think they are worth the price. Imagine a more balanced, better sounding M50 in the housing of an ESW9. Most stores are going to sell them for $380-400 because of currency conversion plus premium for importing them from Japan. If you can somehow get someone to buy them in Japan for you, you could probably get them for around $320.post #9 of 1312/8/10 at 2:37pm
you answer would be, if the esw9s are around $200 then the es10 being $150 is suspicious. The question for you is, are you willing to take that risk? Use your gut feeling. In all serious thought, cheap price and unreliable source is not a good way to go.
Someone up there asked where are you getting it from? If you are hesitant to answer, to me it means not a reliable source.post #10 of 1312/8/10 at 3:51pmThread Starterpost #11 of 131/4/11 at 12:27am
I was just searching Google for pricing on a pair of ATH-ES10s and there is a site where you can buy a new pair for under $50 shipped. I think that confirms there are fakes of this headphone available.post #12 of 137/4/12 at 7:55am
- Fake ATH-ES10?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best IEMs under $150?? A special gift 14 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 15 seconds ago
- › Want to buy Fiio X3 / X5 29 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Review: SoundMagic ES18 Measured 1 minute ago
- › Trade pbui44 se535 with cash for w5000 1 minute ago
- › Do I need a portable amp? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)