Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 400  

post #5986 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

That's not fun....you won't have your head-fi journey!

 

If your wallet permits...i think you should start off with something smaller and move your way up the ladder.

 

I started big (LCD-3, WA6-SE) but I'm still looking for more...

post #5987 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundPon3 View Post

Best I have is a little puppy that greets everyone and anyone with licks

and then another dog that just barks and then is extremely shy

 

But I do have a 9ft air cannon that shoots golf balls at 140m/s

 

Get a wrist rocket my child

post #5988 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post

General suggestion... perhaps try something a bit more beginner first if you've never heard a good set.  You might even find that in the end it's not worth the money for your ears.  Some people just don't have the ears for it... and even if you do, it generally takes time for you to train/fine tune how to listen for and appreciate the more profound nuances in higher end gear.

 

 

 

+1 so very true, and some ppl are happy enough to end in mid-fi, and the hd 650s or he-400s are definitely a great place to start!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono454 View Post

That's not fun....you won't have your head-fi journey!

 

If your wallet permits...i think you should start off with something smaller and move your way up the ladder.

 

+1

post #5989 of 6431

unless you feed the HD650 a proper amp (no fiios and similar kinds here) the HD598 is a safer option, since it responds better to lighter amping.

today at work i took out my allesandro MS1i (my portable)
 

and a co worker of mine saw it and stated how nice it looks, so i offered to lend it to her during her lunchbreak.
she liked it a lot but gave most of the credit to my little hippo box amp though....rolleyes.gif
(it actually looks nice on her head since she has maroon brown hair, matches)
 


Edited by streetdragon - 1/31/13 at 7:34am
post #5990 of 6431

So this kid who I had gotten in an argument with about a week ago when he told me my Ultrasone HFI-580s were definitely not better than his Beats Studios and for sure not better than his Beats Pros saw me sitting in the library yesterday and I had my Ultrasones that day. He came up to me and said "K lets hear these since they are so awesome" He put em on, I swear he only head 5 seconds of American Idiot and he took them off, smiled and said "Damn I don't even need to listen to anymore... I can tell they sound way better..." It was pretty awesome.

post #5991 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

I started big (LCD-3, WA6-SE) but I'm still looking for more...

That's why I started with the lowly HD800/Schiit combo. So I would have somewhere to go...

 

There's always the Senn HE series for you. The reactions are mostly the same. Old stuff gets sold quick.

post #5992 of 6431

I don't doubt the scale-ability of the HD650, but in all honesty I feel the E09K is a decent budget solution ($100) until you can upgrade.  It was designed with high impedance cans in mind (300-600ohm).  And as a DAC the E17 is no slouch either =) and it supplies amplification for my IEMs... win-win.

 

If I didn't make my purchase bout half a year ago, I would now go with the Schiit Magni/Modi combo.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

unless you feed the HD650 a proper amp (no fiios and similar kinds here) the HD598 is a safer option, since it responds better to lighter amping.

today at work i took out my allesandro MS1i (my portable)
 

and a co worker of mine saw it and stated how nice it looks, so i offered to lend it to her during her lunchbreak.
she liked it a lot but gave most of the credit to my little hippo box amp though....rolleyes.gif
(it actually looks nice on her head since she has maroon brown hair, matches)
 

post #5993 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post

That's why I started with the lowly HD800/Schiit combo. So I would have somewhere to go...

 

There's always the Senn HE series for you. The reactions are mostly the same. Old stuff gets sold quick.

 

Already grabbed an SR-009 and A10 amp...

post #5994 of 6431

That's unfortunate. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

Already grabbed an SR-009 and A10 amp...

post #5995 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

That's unfortunate. biggrin.gif

And why so? XD
post #5996 of 6431

Lots of people that aren't fans of the A10 around here. It was more a joke than anything else. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


And why so? XD
post #5997 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Lots of people that aren't fans of the A10 around here. It was more a joke than anything else. smily_headphones1.gif

Well, we'll see then xD
post #5998 of 6431

People are always blown away at the look, cost and most importantly the sound of my LCD2's. Its great to hear what people like about them, the soundstage, the frequency response, the impact. Just good stuff!

post #5999 of 6431

Just back from a 4chan /g/ thread on headphones, a new one is started almost everyday, and every time Ive been there its on the first page, titled Headphone General.

 

I found a rather interesting image there, Ill let it speak for itself but the general opinion of the entire thread, almost everyday, is that Grado are by far the worst things ever made to produce sound.

 

Heres the image.

 

 

1359698878671.png

 

If It comes out large Im very sorry, not sure what the size was on the original post.

 

Please do discuss?

post #6000 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

Just back from a 4chan /g/ thread on headphones, a new one is started almost everyday, and every time Ive been there its on the first page, titled Headphone General.

I found a rather interesting image there, Ill let it speak for itself but the general opinion of the entire thread, almost everyday, is that Grado are by far the worst things ever made to produce sound.

Heres the image.


1359698878671.png

If It comes out large Im very sorry, not sure what the size was on the original post.

Please do discuss?
I think it's more of a joke than anything else. If they were serious about this picture they would of only put in Beats, Skull Candy, Soul, iBuds, and other celebrity endorsed "music gateways" into the Dog S**t Tier.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones