Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 396  

post #5926 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

HE-300 is, IMO, pointless. It's a dynamic headphone, so you're not getting any of the planar magnetic goodness that is HiFiMan's upper-tier products (with the 400, 500, and 6).

The HE-400 is very fun and colored. The HE-500 is very neutral and refined. The HE-6 is basically a better, harder to drive version of the HE-500.

I don't own any of the units, so I can't comment on how hard any of them are to drive.

Well that's a bit of an fallacy in and of itself. Them being dynamic in this case needn't be a vice. For what they do, and what they aim to do, and the price that they're doing it with, they do quite nicely. In fact, they were just nice, period (mid-centric, lush and smooth). Doesn't seem to make sense to compare them with the other models above them.

 

Mostly agree with the other impressions on the planars though. What'd you run them through while demoing them? Nvm, you haven't heard them.


Edited by TwinQY - 1/27/13 at 12:03pm
post #5927 of 6431

hmm are the HE300 a good value? 

post #5928 of 6431

$250, around HD598 performance (actually a pretty similar sound overall but with more bass kick) but cleaner and the mids are balanced out more because of the bass. So yeah, pretty good value. Also much lighter than the planars. Introduced a friend to audio with these, so I'll take his word for it on how nice these are long-term.

post #5929 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE89 View Post

i own sony xb500's and i amgetting dr dre beats studios next wednesday :)

Get M50's, they're better !

post #5930 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzAlmoN View Post

Get M50's, they're better !

Post from 3 years ago - quite a necro-bump wink.gif

 

And I think the M50 hype train has flown it's course.

post #5931 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPAGE89 View Post

i own sony xb500's and i amgetting dr dre beats studios next wednesday :)

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzAlmoN View Post

Get M50's, they're better !

 

^ Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones. biggrin.gif

post #5932 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzAlmoN View Post

Get M50's, they're better !


I'd have told him to save for something else as the Sony aren't as bad as beats. But whatever rocks your boatL3000.gif

post #5933 of 6431

oops


Edited by JamesHuntington - 1/27/13 at 8:56pm
post #5934 of 6431

lol. what is this thread.

Well other day, a friend got v-6's (we got them about the same time). Another guy goes and says Are Beats good?

-_- the commercialized world we live in today...

post #5935 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

lol. what is this thread.

Well other day, a friend got v-6's (we got them about the same time). Another guy goes and says Are Beats good?

-_- the commercialized world we live in today...


You shoulda got the m50s. lol. You should have told that guy to get the Sennheiser Orpheus He90 and HEV-90. tongue_smile.gif


Edited by JamesHuntington - 1/27/13 at 9:25pm
post #5936 of 6431

Oh!  I remember when I asked my boss to order me my headphone.

 

Boss:  Wha... what?  Wh... why are these so expensive?

Me:  These are different from just an ordinary earphone.

Boss:  You can get your girl some other cheaper and more impressive stuff.

Me:  Sir, it's not for anyone else but me.

Boss:  B-but why?

Me:  *Smile ("You'll see when I get them" I thought).

Boss:  Oh, well.  It's your money.

 

He inspected the item himself before relinquishing the items to me.  Too bad, he pretended he knew what he was listening to.  "Good" he says, but only talking about the packaging.

Sigh.  Some people just don't get it.

post #5937 of 6431

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post


You shoulda got the m50s. lol. You should have told that guy to get the Sennheiser Orpheus He90 and HEV-90. tongue_smile.gif

It's too bad that he probably wouldn't have recognized the Sennheiser brand name, let alone their legendary flagship (and its matching amp).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Jackson View Post

Oh!  I remember when I asked my boss to order me my headphone.

 

Boss:  Wha... what?  Wh... why are these so expensive?

Me:  These are different from just an ordinary earphone.

Boss:  You can get your girl some other cheaper and more impressive stuff.

Me:  Sir, it's not for anyone else but me.

Boss:  B-but why?

Me:  *Smile ("You'll see when I get them" I thought).

Boss:  Oh, well.  It's your money.

 

He inspected the item himself before relinquishing the items to me.  Too bad, he pretended he knew what he was listening to.  "Good" he says, but only talking about the packaging.

Sigh.  Some people just don't get it.

Trust me, a lot of people don't get it. It took my mom literally a month and a half of explanations as to why $700 headphones are justifiable. She was satisfied... until she asked me about my "silver boxes" (Schiit Asgard/Bifrost). I still haven't told her how much those set me back.

post #5938 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsum View Post

It's too bad that he probably wouldn't have recognized the Sennheiser brand name, let alone their legendary flagship (and its matching amp).

 

 

Trust me, a lot of people don't get it. It took my mom literally a month and a half of explanations as to why $700 headphones are justifiable. She was satisfied... until she asked me about my "silver boxes" (Schiit Asgard/Bifrost). I still haven't told her how much those set me back.

Thats the problem I'm facing, I have the money for the HE500's and want to get them really bad however my parents won't let me spend my money on them, let alone amp/dac combo for 500$+. Luckily I already have a large amp/dac at home that will power any headphones sub1000$ without any issues, I wouldn't be able to imagine how I would be possibly able to convince my parents to spend money on a headphone amp. 

 

Anyway recently I had a funny incident at school, one of my friends was looking at Beats Pro when I showed him the V-Moda's M-100 knowing he was a basshead like 90% of headphone consumers. When he saw them on the website he told me that Beats Pro have better sound quality because they are 100$ more. Standard teenagers :D

post #5939 of 6431

Guess lot of people just don't care that much, and even good sound quality dose almost no impact to them.

post #5940 of 6431

Friend listened to my LCD-2.2s and ALO Pan Am: "I don't really hear the difference between these and my $40 desktop speakers...they might have better range"

/cries

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones