Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 392  

post #5866 of 6431
The best reaction I've had was letting my friend listen to the 25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda soundtrack through my phones. After I few minutes of listening he looked at me and yelled "STEPHEN, I WANNA GO ON A QUEST!!!!"
Edited by tanner116 - 1/22/13 at 9:42pm
post #5867 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallan View Post

My landlord, who gives me a great deal, told me that maybe sometime I would be able to upgrade to a pair of Bose headphones after she saw me wearing my Edition 8 Limited.  DIdn't want to say anything that would raise my rent.tongue_smile.gif
Huh, that's funny
post #5868 of 6431

eq can fix SOME problems only, so the best way is to get a good device from the start so there is less flaws to fix in the first place and can therefore get a better final performance. (generally a -2 and +5 give and take depending on equipment and experience)

post #5869 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFlight View Post

 

I like chrome, lights and led's in the night. I like tubes and the sounds they can be driven to make. 

But maybe I'm just old fashioned now. Plastic is in?  Isn't it just recycled Art Deco? 

 

I had to look into these Beats I hear so much of on this forum.

 

... google... "Beats"

 

I recognize them now from future shop! Never got the urge to try them... I'd like to now I think, just for the sake of saying I've heard them. :)

Word to the wise: Anything that requires celebrity endorsement to sell - likely isn't worth buying.


It's not as much that they're endorsed by celebrities, but those who endorse them. The other day I heard that Steve Jobs, Apple Founder and IPod Man himself, was a huge vinyl fan and spent tons of money on them. Go figure. I used to like Dr. Dre back in '92 when i drank 40s and toked the chronic. And now even Bob Marley came back from the dead to endorse some cans that as well, I used to listen to bob marley back... when i....  Anyhow.

post #5870 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post


It's not as much that they're endorsed by celebrities, but those who endorse them. The other day I heard that Steve Jobs, Apple Founder and IPod Man himself, was a huge vinyl fan and spent tons of money on them. Go figure. I used to like Dr. Dre back in '92 when i drank 40s and toked the chronic. And now even Bob Marley came back from the dead to endorse some cans that as well, I used to listen to bob marley back... when i....  Anyhow.

 

Ain't nuthin' but a G thang ;)

post #5871 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkitZ0 View Post

 

Ain't nuthin' but a G thang ;)

Make my @#$% the G-funk. I'm wondering when Beethoven headphones are coming out.

post #5872 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

Make my @#$% the G-funk. I'm wondering when Beethoven headphones are coming out.

Vivaldi™ by V-moda?

post #5873 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Vivaldi™ by V-moda?

Bach by Beats!!!
post #5874 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


Bach by Beats!!!

Sacrilege. Bach by Beyerdynamic.

post #5875 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Sacrilege. Bach by Beyerdynamic.

Now that I agree to smily_headphones1.gif

And... Mozart by Mikros? Hahahaha
post #5876 of 6431

Had a friend use my X10s today because he wanted to know what what the audio chip on his new phone was like with good headphones, sadly enough he wanted to use some other guys beats solos, but they were in his car. He put them in an commented on how well they isolated, listened to maybe 3 seconds of a song, took them out, and told me they were terrible. He then told me exactly how much better his $10 iFrogz Earpollution Plugz were. A few of my other friends backed me up when I tried to say that boomy over powering bass isnt what makes a headphones quality.

post #5877 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

Had a friend use my X10s today because he wanted to know what what the audio chip on his new phone was like with good headphones, sadly enough he wanted to use some other guys beats solos, but they were in his car. He put them in an commented on how well they isolated, listened to maybe 3 seconds of a song, took them out, and told me they were terrible. He then told me exactly how much better his $10 iFrogz Earpollution Plugz were. A few of my other friends backed me up when I tried to say that boomy over powering bass isnt what makes a headphones quality.

He must not be your friend anymore!

post #5878 of 6431

Crap, accidental double post quote shenanigans...

post #5879 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfetan44 View Post

He must not be your friend anymore!

I try not to judge people, here I am saying that bass isnt everything when I bought a pair of LP2s and love them still. Just like head-fi accepting the fact that I seem to buy alot of fashion headphones, I will accept the fact that most of my friends seem to hate things that actually sound good.

post #5880 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

Had a friend use my X10s today because he wanted to know what what the audio chip on his new phone was like with good headphones, sadly enough he wanted to use some other guys beats solos, but they were in his car. He put them in an commented on how well they isolated, listened to maybe 3 seconds of a song, took them out, and told me they were terrible. He then told me exactly how much better his $10 iFrogz Earpollution Plugz were. A few of my other friends backed me up when I tried to say that boomy over powering bass isnt what makes a headphones quality.


I'd never let someone use my IEM. They can wear i-whatever I wouldn't care, call me a germ-a-phobe. I wonder what kind of germs are on the Beats listening station, seeing the people who like them have very little common sense.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones