I have to disagree. Souls sounded like trash to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new user seeking headphone advice Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 387post #5791 of 64311/5/13 at 5:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5792 of 64311/5/13 at 5:39pm
The person could be referencing the spacious sound or heavy bass that a nice car audio system provides, I've only demoed the M-80 once but I doubt its the bass. There are plenty of car audio systems that sound amazing, there also some that get so loud and have so much bass that you feel as if your chest is going to cave in.post #5793 of 64311/5/13 at 5:39pmpost #5794 of 64311/5/13 at 5:52pm
Well, the Mark Levison system in my mom's car is actually not bad. I remember when I first got my Beats Pros (they're now long gone!) I was pretty disappointed in the fact that my mom's car system was better than my new uber expensive headphones...but then again, they're Beats.post #5797 of 64311/5/13 at 8:26pm
A/B ing them next to beats, i prefered the $100 souls to the $300 beats. Dont get me wrong, i wouldn't buy them, but if you want "stylish" headphones that sound ok, have lots of bass, and dont cost a ton they are actually okay.post #5800 of 64311/5/13 at 9:33pmpost #5801 of 64311/5/13 at 9:34pmQuote:
I have to agree here. SOL Republic definitely is the better deal.post #5802 of 64311/5/13 at 11:43pmpost #5803 of 64311/5/13 at 11:46pmpost #5804 of 64311/6/13 at 3:21amQuote:Well i did once..when i was younger i brought my 328i i owned back then to a car audio specialist.and i gave him a max budget and blank sheet to do what he needed to make the best sounding system for that budget for my car..( u dont wanna know how crazy i was back then ) and what that guy did..my god..as if i was listening live..my doors were made dead soundening with some kind of glue/paint/ stickons..shutting the doors sounded like doors of a vault! all of the speakers had their own custommade wooden enclosures all around the car..even the carpet was taken out and under it i had plates of sound deadenin stuff.even the roof plating was upgraded..the booth was completely recarpeted with some special kind of stuff.. .i had 2x 38 cm subwoofers in the booth put in special enclosures..in my car i had 2 dedicated mono subwoofer amps and 2x 4channel amps to drive the rest. he even relocated the battery to the back..as the new gel battery he put in my car was to big to fit in standard enclusure in front..lolz. He used some kind of analyser to exactly find out how to place the speakers in right place also.
So yes that car sounded good..but it had cost me multi 1000'nds of euros! But yeah i agree..the euipment normally found in cars are not that good. Good enough for most of the people though!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/6/13 at 3:23ampost #5805 of 64311/6/13 at 7:46am
That sounds familiar hifimanrookieBefore mid-life commitments, like business, house and spouse, I spent way too much on my car mechanicals and stereoMy Z-car has multiple amps, electronic crossovers, equalizers, custom boxes ....I still have it, so it was a long-term investment ;-)1984 300ZX 50th Anniversary
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › DIY Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 !st Generation 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear