I have to disagree. Souls sounded like trash to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 387post #5791 of 64311/5/13 at 5:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5792 of 64311/5/13 at 5:39pm
The person could be referencing the spacious sound or heavy bass that a nice car audio system provides, I've only demoed the M-80 once but I doubt its the bass. There are plenty of car audio systems that sound amazing, there also some that get so loud and have so much bass that you feel as if your chest is going to cave in.post #5793 of 64311/5/13 at 5:39pmpost #5794 of 64311/5/13 at 5:52pm
Well, the Mark Levison system in my mom's car is actually not bad. I remember when I first got my Beats Pros (they're now long gone!) I was pretty disappointed in the fact that my mom's car system was better than my new uber expensive headphones...but then again, they're Beats.post #5797 of 64311/5/13 at 8:26pm
A/B ing them next to beats, i prefered the $100 souls to the $300 beats. Dont get me wrong, i wouldn't buy them, but if you want "stylish" headphones that sound ok, have lots of bass, and dont cost a ton they are actually okay.post #5800 of 64311/5/13 at 9:33pm
I think my dad is convinced, after hearing my HE-500 he said to me that I should give one of my headphones to him.
I think I'll give my DT880 Pro. Perfect for him, he listens to a lot of classical music.post #5801 of 64311/5/13 at 9:34pmQuote:
I have to agree here. SOL Republic definitely is the better deal.post #5802 of 64311/5/13 at 11:43pmpost #5803 of 64311/5/13 at 11:46pmpost #5804 of 64311/6/13 at 3:21amQuote:Well i did once..when i was younger i brought my 328i i owned back then to a car audio specialist.and i gave him a max budget and blank sheet to do what he needed to make the best sounding system for that budget for my car..( u dont wanna know how crazy i was back then ) and what that guy did..my god..as if i was listening live..my doors were made dead soundening with some kind of glue/paint/ stickons..shutting the doors sounded like doors of a vault! all of the speakers had their own custommade wooden enclosures all around the car..even the carpet was taken out and under it i had plates of sound deadenin stuff.even the roof plating was upgraded..the booth was completely recarpeted with some special kind of stuff.. .i had 2x 38 cm subwoofers in the booth put in special enclosures..in my car i had 2 dedicated mono subwoofer amps and 2x 4channel amps to drive the rest. he even relocated the battery to the back..as the new gel battery he put in my car was to big to fit in standard enclusure in front..lolz. He used some kind of analyser to exactly find out how to place the speakers in right place also.
So yes that car sounded good..but it had cost me multi 1000'nds of euros! But yeah i agree..the euipment normally found in cars are not that good. Good enough for most of the people though!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 1/6/13 at 3:23ampost #5805 of 64311/6/13 at 7:46am
That sounds familiar hifimanrookieBefore mid-life commitments, like business, house and spouse, I spent way too much on my car mechanicals and stereoMy Z-car has multiple amps, electronic crossovers, equalizers, custom boxes ....I still have it, so it was a long-term investment ;-)1984 300ZX 50th Anniversary
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 51 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › ER4P > HF5? Are you sure? 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)