Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 358  

post #5356 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Point well taken..best phones must make u believe ur in the music instead of listening to it from the big thingies on ur ears biggrin.gif

 

I know this may be obvious, but i have listen to many very expensive speakers over the years, and none of them have ever come close to duplicate the sense of immersion that headphones can bring me and allow me to get lost in the music. 

post #5357 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post

 

I know this may be obvious, but i have listen to many very expensive speakers over the years, and none of them have ever come close to duplicate the sense of immersion that headphones can bring me and allow me to get lost in the music. 

The thing is, you need a good audio room for that feeling :)

post #5358 of 6431

Ahh - we're into the heaphones vs speakers-debate......... 

 

post #5359 of 6431

just... chillin on top of the fence here

one reason i would like a pair of bookshelves too is so i can walk around freely without being chained to a single place or dragging around a cable
and for headphones is cause my music is chained to me and i can drag the cable wherever i want

post #5360 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

 

 

Nah - she meant it in a positive way - but I was put of by the matter-of-factliness (Hey!! Those are some of the best headphones in the world!!)

 

But she was indeed to the point - that is how it feels - the individual sounds just linger by themselves in the middle of nowhere. With bad phones you can hear that you are listening to headphones.. 

That makes sense :)

post #5361 of 6431

though it is ironic, we pay so extremely much to make them dissapeartongue.gif

post #5362 of 6431

So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

though it is ironic, we pay so extremely much to make them dissapeartongue.gif

post #5363 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

So true...
Damn..we the headphone sapiens are a weird bunch , hope we will never be extint.. biggrin.gif
post #5364 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Damn..we the headphone sapiens are a weird bunch , hope we will never be extint.. biggrin.gif

 

Headphone-Sapien: GIVE US GREAT HEADPHONES OR DIE! *kills people*

post #5365 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Headphone-Sapien: GIVE US GREAT HEADPHONES OR DIE! *kills people*

biggrin.gif
post #5366 of 6431

I always keep around some headphones and some speakers at the same time; I've never had a time since getting into audio during which I've owned only headphones or only speakers.

 

Headphones are absolutely fantastic for intimate recordings, coffee-shop live albums and the like. They're also fantastic if you listen to details, because one of their detractors (the lack of three-dimensional space inherent in them) means that you can hear everything in microcosm. I always use my T5p for mastering to pay attention to the details, my ESP950 for acoustic songs and small-group classical, and my PS1000 for studio-produced rock that's more about the pure sound than the positioning.

 

Speakers also have their huge strong points. I haven't owned anything truly high-end in the speaker world for a number of years as I've gotten more into headphones, but I have kept around some Mission bookshelf models for my bedroom and I have some vintage Klipsch glory for my home theater setup. For movie watching, full-orchestra music, and big-stage concerts the pure soundstage joys of speakers are hard to beat in the headphone world without a binaural recording. For practical purposes, you aren't tethered to a piece of equipment while listening to speakers (though if you want to get as much as possible out of it you should stay in the sweet spot). I find myself turning to my Missions when listening to Talking Heads' fantastically-produced live album Stop Making Sense, as well as similarly-great lives as Remember Two Things by the Dave Matthews Band and studio albums like studio albums like Mountaintops, by Mates of State. Though many of my high-end cans are technically superior and give greater detail than my 771s, I just love to immerse myself in the speakers on occasion.

post #5367 of 6431

my favorite reaction from a non audiophile to my hifiman he-4. "wow those are expensive, they must have great noise canceling!" no, no they dont

post #5368 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchapdaily View Post

my favorite reaction from a non audiophile to my hifiman he-4. "wow those are expensive, they must have great noise canceling!" no, no they dont
Thats what i call that the Bose brainwash.. biggrin.gif because as far i know that company started with those kind of headphones and they have a huge marketing budget.. wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 12/1/12 at 11:38am
post #5369 of 6431
Let my wife give my new HD650's a try. Couldn't believe it - after 10 mins of her sitting there quietly listening my wife "Shooooshed" me when I asked her a question. Guess she liked them biggrin.gif
post #5370 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Let my wife give my new HD650's a try. Couldn't believe it - after 10 mins of her sitting there quietly listening my wife "Shooooshed" me when I asked her a question. Guess she liked them biggrin.gif
Hooray..we have maybe a new headphone sapiens in our mids tongue.gif .but maybe soon u will wish u never let her listen to ur beloved hd650..as now u have to share it with her biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones