Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 354  

post #5296 of 6431
Quote:
Well.. the next step, give her your HD25-1's as a present wink.gif

Aha, I'll see if things get serious first! 

 

 

Quote:
I can't even get my girlfriend to listen to my portable rig =(

Play her favorite song biggrin.gif

post #5297 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Marriage.

 

 

Ahhh.. why i don't think about that blink.gif, thank you MT for your corrections beerchug.gif

It's time to looking where the heck is my wife..

post #5298 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Marriage.

 

 

Prenup first to make sure you keep your gear.

post #5299 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Mine's not that into it, but she could at least tell me she liked my HD800 more than my LCD 2, and that my 009 dominated them both.

She'll be more into it once my phono stage comes in tomorrow so she can play her Bowie vinyl.

What phono stage/turntable did you end up with MT? Also, have you had any time to give those cables a more in depth listen?
post #5300 of 6431

Showed my new girlfriend my ultrasone PRO 750's, she sat, listened to a cd shes been listening to for years (tool), look at me, swore at me in a joking manner, and wanted to know how much they were.. when I told her, she bought them off me, so now im gonna upgrade/get a real amp... haha..!
 

post #5301 of 6431
Quote:
Showed my new girlfriend my ultrasone PRO 750's, she sat, listened to a cd shes been listening to for years (tool), look at me, swore at me in a joking manner, and wanted to know how much they were.. when I told her, she bought them off me, so now im gonna upgrade/get a real amp... haha..!

Nice! She's a keeper man. I love girls that can appreciate audio quality and just tech stuff in general biggrin.gif

post #5302 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Prenup first to make sure you keep your gear.

Lol. Couldn't let that one go buy without reaction......

By far post of the day. Bravo.
post #5303 of 6431

It's all about priorities o2smile.gif

post #5304 of 6431

Ended up finding a great deal on a used VPI Scout w/ a Dynavector 20X. Vincent PHO8 stage should be here tomorrow. 

 

Still plan on something more fancy down the line, but I was itching to play my LPs, and it was a smokin' deal. 

 

Unfortunately I haven't yet, but I promise I'll get your some feedback on it soon. I'll have 2 high end DACs in my house soon, and with my Jena here to compare to I might be able to get your some feedback.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post


What phono stage/turntable did you end up with MT? Also, have you had any time to give those cables a more in depth listen?

 

Not to mention good music.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

Nice! She's a keeper man. I love girls that can appreciate audio quality and just tech stuff in general biggrin.gif

post #5305 of 6431

Let a guy at school demo my SRH-940's and compare them to his Beats Mixr.

 

His reaction was, "I've never heard clarity like this, but they don't have the bass I'm used to." 

 

He then said he wanted to get into hi-fi gear :3

post #5306 of 6431

i let a fellow classmate listen with my Portapros, they dont offer the greatest sound but its good sound for a great price!

 

 

and he said he liked them, they sounded pretty clear.

and i replied "yea i like them, they sound good but only if it werent for the Bass being uncontrolled"

 

 

other classmates who happen to notice them asked "WTF is that? (i unfold them) ooh thats pretty cool"

 

and others say they look cool especially how they fold up and such.

 

they even ask how much they cost and i say "just 50$ no biggie"

 

the Portapros still have a place in my heart, and still in the coming future!

post #5307 of 6431
My friends actually are pretty appreciative of the headphones i hav. They are not, however, really dying to go out and buy some awesome headphones anytime soon. Well...maybe one of them biggrin.gif. We'll see. Another firend wants to buy some headphones...but he told me that he ultimately looking for fashion/looks frown.gif. I tried reccommending him some good sounding headphones that also look stylish such as v modas, hd 598, and the aviators from skullcandy. He's told me that he is looking at some kind Of headphones that they sell at urban outfitters O_o or skullcandy hesh 2's. He did say that the aviators were on his list too though. Here's to hoping wink.gif p.s. he is mostly deaf in one ear. If it were any other one of my friends, I would vehemiately turn him away from the likes of skullcandy or similar items. However he probably won't get the best experience out of most headphones...I dunno though. He loves music and usually has listened from cheap earbuds in the past.
post #5308 of 6431

my friends think im an alien.
an alien stranded on earth whose trying to hear and send signals to his fellow aliens from
space hoping for them to notice and come and bring me home using some
strange listening device.

post #5309 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNK View Post

My friends actually are pretty appreciative of the headphones i hav. They are not, however, really dying to go out and buy some awesome headphones anytime soon. Well...maybe one of them biggrin.gif. We'll see. Another firend wants to buy some headphones...but he told me that he ultimately looking for fashion/looks frown.gif. I tried reccommending him some good sounding headphones that also look stylish such as v modas, hd 598, and the aviators from skullcandy. He's told me that he is looking at some kind Of headphones that they sell at urban outfitters O_o or skullcandy hesh 2's. He did say that the aviators were on his list too though. Here's to hoping wink.gif p.s. he is mostly deaf in one ear. If it were any other one of my friends, I would vehemiately turn him away from the likes of skullcandy or similar items. However he probably won't get the best experience out of most headphones...I dunno though. He loves music and usually has listened from cheap earbuds in the past.

Most of the people at work have appreciated my headphones at one time or another and I expect them to gain the same interest I have but it doesn't really happen that way. I finally have managed to get one guy who has bought a couple of the famous budget iems talked about on here and it looks like he will be getting into some decent IEMS/cans by the end of the year (yes success!)

Another girl I work with who has been a friend for many years I gave a pair of $25 JVC S400's and a clip with all alac files. She thinks they are the coolest thing ever. She's starting to get into it so we shall see.
post #5310 of 6431

I LOL'ed over this. Poor you!!! Is that happened because you were seen wearing Grado's? Several of my co-worker commented just like that when they saw some Grado headphone pictures I had.

"It's like those alien devices from movies!!!" or " It's like those headset used by pilot!"  is the usual comments by my friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinZweiDrei View Post

my friends think im an alien.
an alien stranded on earth whose trying to hear and send signals to his fellow aliens from
space hoping for them to notice and come and bring me home using some
strange listening device.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones