Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 339  

post #5071 of 6431
Blowingly*

I liked the HD800 more still though even for stuff like that.
post #5072 of 6431

Showed my friend esw9A's and he thinks they look ugly. The Frikken ESW9A!

 

http://www.skinventory.dk/pics/wc/ultimate-facepalm.jpg

post #5073 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallade475 View Post

Showed my friend esw9A's and he thinks they look ugly. The Frikken ESW9A!

 

http://www.skinventory.dk/pics/wc/ultimate-facepalm.jpg

i wouldn't call them ugly, but they're not very good looking. the cups actually look alright, but the design is mediocre at best.

post #5074 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallade475 View Post

Showed my friend esw9A's and he thinks they look ugly. The Frikken ESW9A!

 

http://www.skinventory.dk/pics/wc/ultimate-facepalm.jpg

 

Well, truth be told, I'm not very fond of the ESW9A's styling, either. I'm a bigger fan of the ES7/ES10 looks.

post #5075 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

Well, truth be told, I'm not very fond of the ESW9A's styling, either. I'm a bigger fan of the ES7/ES10 looks.


i would agree with that, the wood cups just don't seem to match the thin little headband.

post #5076 of 6431

Bosefag asked to audition my recently repaired M50.

 

PLUGS IT IN TO HIS HTC REZOUND AND LISTENS TO 128 KBPS RAP.

 

"These are struggling."

 

I think I burst a capillary,

post #5077 of 6431

So today in Electronics class there is this one kid who is a kind of a jerk. He is a semi-fan of Beats headphones.

though he saw my Grado SR80i's and looked intrigued.

 

even though he in a way Snatched my Grados to give them a listen from his Audio Device, he seemed to really like how they sound and asked me where i bought them and how much.

 

and i told him "Headphone.com"(headroom)

post #5078 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalT View Post

Bosefag asked to audition my recently repaired M50.

 

PLUGS IT IN TO HIS HTC REZOUND AND LISTENS TO 128 KBPS RAP.

 

"These are struggling."

 

I think I burst a capillary,


the m50 isn't that good anyway. though they cost probably 2-3x less than what bose headphones do.

post #5079 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


the m50 isn't that good anyway.


Don't put 'em down. Sure, they're not much compared to what many of us have and they're not winning any bang-for-the-buck contests anymore, but the M50 is still quite a solid performer and the gist of the post was about the source, not the cans.

post #5080 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


the m50 isn't that good anyway. though they cost probably 2-3x less than what bose headphones do.

You can do a lot worse than the M50s at that price point. Yes there are some better options but preference also comes into play and even then I don't find there's something that's ridiculously better.
post #5081 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyPogiman View Post

So today in Electronics class there is this one kid who is a kind of a jerk. He is a semi-fan of Beats headphones.

though he saw my Grado SR80i's and looked intrigued.

 

even though he in a way Snatched my Grados to give them a listen from his Audio Device, he seemed to really like how they sound and asked me where i bought them and how much.

 

and i told him "Headphone.com"(headroom)

 

 

the strange thing is you were listening to sr80i without a decent amp. grados don't sing with just a source. also I would of sent that kid to the hospital if he touched my headphones or equipment without asking.


Edited by crossjeremiah - 10/23/12 at 4:45pm
post #5082 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossjeremiah View Post

 

 

the strange thing is you were listening to sr80i without a decent amp. grados don't sing with just a source. also I would of sent that kid to the hospital if he touched my headphones or equipment without asking.


yea my heart sorta dropped when i saw him do that without my consent.. i mean im a Headphone purist but i just didnt like how people Man-handled my equipment.

 

plus yea, ive been deciding on an Amp to use with my sr80i's either a PA2V2 or a Headroom Total Airhead(since its on such a great deal right now)

people keep telling me that Sr80i's dont necessarily need amping, but i want hear it in its full potential.. plus save up the battery on my audio source as well..

post #5083 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodytang View Post


the m50 isn't that good anyway. though they cost probably 2-3x less than what bose headphones do.

I agree with this, BUT the Bose are no better in my opinion.
post #5084 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodaO View Post


I agree with this, BUT the Bose are no better in my opinion.


yea, i have neutral feelings about Bose headphones besides they're over-the-top price... Seriously that much doesnt seem worth it.. compared to more affordable options from Audio Technica, Sennheiser's tech, and the like.

post #5085 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

You can do a lot worse than the M50s at that price point. Yes there are some better options but preference also comes into play and even then I don't find there's something that's ridiculously better.
I just think it gets overhyped to hell. I'm not at all saying its bad, just that its not the end all be all budget headphone and that there are things quite a bit better at the price range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones