at least you don't have a Sennheiser S1 Digital
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new user seeking headphone advice Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 333post #4981 of 643110/12/12 at 6:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 643110/13/12 at 7:11pmpost #4983 of 643110/14/12 at 6:40ampost #4984 of 643110/14/12 at 8:09ampost #4985 of 643110/14/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Kayvin
Got my first set of audiophile headphones last week... The highest "caliber" headphones that hit my ears before this were Klipsch S4's but i dove right in and bought a set of HD 650's. When i first got them i listened to them and thought they sounded good but not a huge difference. But then my ears started to open up and actually listen to the depth available. whole new world. Couldn't believe how narrow my hearing was before. After a 3 hour run at work i hop in my car to head home and realize how ****ty my "premium" fender audio sounds in my Jetta. The headphones have tainted my ears and they crave quality now. There is no turning back now. My JDS C421 should arrive tomorrow (my wallet is still recovering from the Senn's or i would have had a crack coming, maybe even a valhalla/Bifrost)
I have the same problem, I cant stand listing to music via my car stereo anymore... I just end up listing to talk/news radio. =Xpost #4986 of 643110/14/12 at 8:25ampost #4987 of 643110/14/12 at 8:34ampost #4988 of 643110/14/12 at 9:36am
over lunch on Friday, one of my co-workers noticed my W4 for the first time and commented " those look nice" and I said "yes, they are"
gone are the days when I would have offer her to listen. I would have let her if she wanted but I no longer offer because then we have to talk
cost / price and I get the - you are crazy look. Nooooooooooo, not the look!post #4989 of 643110/14/12 at 10:16ampost #4990 of 643110/14/12 at 1:17pmpost #4991 of 643110/14/12 at 1:20pmpost #4992 of 643110/14/12 at 2:46pmpost #4993 of 643110/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by machoboy
I don't really have any audiophile headphones (and when I think audiophile, I think of people who shun headphones all together and have no-compromises high-end analog stereo systems, but I guess the term has evolved over the years).
When I've let people try out the headphones I have/had in my signature their reaction was something like:
Me: "What do you think?"
Them: "Huh? About what?"
Me: "The headphones."
Them: "Uh... They worked fine I guess. Do headphones sound different from each other or something?"
Sorry....... My headphone life is not very romantic
Pretty much the reactions I get.
I played my Dad some Otis Redding tracks on my D2000 one time. He said "sounds nice". But I knew he was saying it to make me feel better.
When I let my friend listen to my HFI 580s he said "nice headphones, I've been thinking about getting some nice headphones like the beats."post #4994 of 643110/14/12 at 4:01pmpost #4995 of 643110/14/12 at 8:54pm
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › difference between t51i and t51p 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2