at least you don't have a Sennheiser S1 Digital
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new user seeking headphone advice Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 333post #4981 of 643110/12/12 at 6:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4982 of 643110/13/12 at 7:11pmpost #4983 of 643110/14/12 at 6:40ampost #4984 of 643110/14/12 at 8:09ampost #4985 of 643110/14/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Kayvin
Got my first set of audiophile headphones last week... The highest "caliber" headphones that hit my ears before this were Klipsch S4's but i dove right in and bought a set of HD 650's. When i first got them i listened to them and thought they sounded good but not a huge difference. But then my ears started to open up and actually listen to the depth available. whole new world. Couldn't believe how narrow my hearing was before. After a 3 hour run at work i hop in my car to head home and realize how ****ty my "premium" fender audio sounds in my Jetta. The headphones have tainted my ears and they crave quality now. There is no turning back now. My JDS C421 should arrive tomorrow (my wallet is still recovering from the Senn's or i would have had a crack coming, maybe even a valhalla/Bifrost)
I have the same problem, I cant stand listing to music via my car stereo anymore... I just end up listing to talk/news radio. =Xpost #4986 of 643110/14/12 at 8:25ampost #4987 of 643110/14/12 at 8:34ampost #4988 of 643110/14/12 at 9:36am
over lunch on Friday, one of my co-workers noticed my W4 for the first time and commented " those look nice" and I said "yes, they are"
gone are the days when I would have offer her to listen. I would have let her if she wanted but I no longer offer because then we have to talk
cost / price and I get the - you are crazy look. Nooooooooooo, not the look!post #4989 of 643110/14/12 at 10:16ampost #4990 of 643110/14/12 at 1:17pmpost #4991 of 643110/14/12 at 1:20pmpost #4992 of 643110/14/12 at 2:46pmpost #4993 of 643110/14/12 at 3:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by machoboy
I don't really have any audiophile headphones (and when I think audiophile, I think of people who shun headphones all together and have no-compromises high-end analog stereo systems, but I guess the term has evolved over the years).
When I've let people try out the headphones I have/had in my signature their reaction was something like:
Me: "What do you think?"
Them: "Huh? About what?"
Me: "The headphones."
Them: "Uh... They worked fine I guess. Do headphones sound different from each other or something?"
Sorry....... My headphone life is not very romantic
Pretty much the reactions I get.
I played my Dad some Otis Redding tracks on my D2000 one time. He said "sounds nice". But I knew he was saying it to make me feel better.
When I let my friend listen to my HFI 580s he said "nice headphones, I've been thinking about getting some nice headphones like the beats."post #4994 of 643110/14/12 at 4:01pmpost #4995 of 643110/14/12 at 8:54pm
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Owners Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 600 ohm 53 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 2 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 2 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Dap wanted for trade for my aurisonics rockets and asg1plus 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 7 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 8 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 8 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2