The first one, I didn't even bother, or rather, I'd didn't even get the chance to. The second person got a decent fit, but he tends to not loop the cable over the ear, so they still fell out a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 331
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4952 of 643110/3/12 at 1:48pm
Gave my KSC75 to girlfriend, who'd previously used the low-cost Sennheiser PC 31 headset as her main headphones. I tried the PC 31 prior to this, and though the response was relatively even, the sound was very lacking with music. I thought for sure the KSC75 would be an improvement for her.
In the end, "they're smooth" (said in an underwhelmed tone) was what she found the difference to be.post #4953 of 643110/5/12 at 8:32ampost #4954 of 643110/5/12 at 11:00ampost #4955 of 643110/7/12 at 11:59pmpost #4956 of 643110/8/12 at 5:30ampost #4957 of 643110/8/12 at 5:08pmpost #4958 of 643110/8/12 at 7:08pmpost #4959 of 643110/8/12 at 7:23pmpost #4960 of 643110/8/12 at 8:29pm
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.post #4961 of 643110/9/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?post #4962 of 643110/9/12 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Origin89
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?
Well, the "better ears" comment wasn't really mine, I just outlined what I assumed to be the meaning of the better ears comment. Personally, I agree the Z06 analogy; it doesn't really matter.post #4963 of 643110/9/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Hah, it wasn't yours, huh. I automatically thought it was him responding. I'm with you, though.post #4964 of 643110/10/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by ramicio
I wish there would be a headphone or audio store where you could:
1. Listen to ever selection.
2. Bring your own source.
3. Pair them up with other products you may be purchasing that might be in the audio.
I have hesitated on buying any headphone worth a bunch of money because all I have to go on is reviews on the internet. If I buy something and don't like it I have to deal with shipping, and they don't cover shipping stuff back. Even a small local store I would support if they carried a huge line of stuff to be able to hear, and I would pay more for it.
Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has such a setup. I go there all the time to test and evaluate headphones; especially the HD800.post #4965 of 643110/10/12 at 9:11amQuote:
i got there also
they got quite a few headphones and iems to try
however its a bit noisy there sometimes so open back headphones are a harder to listen to
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 9 seconds ago
- › ACS T1 Custom Review and impressions thread! 16 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Shure SE215 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for durable, sub $250 IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)