The first one, I didn't even bother, or rather, I'd didn't even get the chance to. The second person got a decent fit, but he tends to not loop the cable over the ear, so they still fell out a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- new user seeking headphone advice Last post on 9/15/11 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 331
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4952 of 643110/3/12 at 1:48pm
Gave my KSC75 to girlfriend, who'd previously used the low-cost Sennheiser PC 31 headset as her main headphones. I tried the PC 31 prior to this, and though the response was relatively even, the sound was very lacking with music. I thought for sure the KSC75 would be an improvement for her.
In the end, "they're smooth" (said in an underwhelmed tone) was what she found the difference to be.post #4953 of 643110/5/12 at 8:32ampost #4954 of 643110/5/12 at 11:00ampost #4955 of 643110/7/12 at 11:59pmpost #4956 of 643110/8/12 at 5:30ampost #4957 of 643110/8/12 at 5:08pmpost #4958 of 643110/8/12 at 7:08pmpost #4959 of 643110/8/12 at 7:23pmpost #4960 of 643110/8/12 at 8:29pm
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.post #4961 of 643110/9/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?post #4962 of 643110/9/12 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Origin89
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?
Well, the "better ears" comment wasn't really mine, I just outlined what I assumed to be the meaning of the better ears comment. Personally, I agree the Z06 analogy; it doesn't really matter.post #4963 of 643110/9/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Hah, it wasn't yours, huh. I automatically thought it was him responding. I'm with you, though.post #4964 of 643110/10/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by ramicio
I wish there would be a headphone or audio store where you could:
1. Listen to ever selection.
2. Bring your own source.
3. Pair them up with other products you may be purchasing that might be in the audio.
I have hesitated on buying any headphone worth a bunch of money because all I have to go on is reviews on the internet. If I buy something and don't like it I have to deal with shipping, and they don't cover shipping stuff back. Even a small local store I would support if they carried a huge line of stuff to be able to hear, and I would pay more for it.
Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has such a setup. I go there all the time to test and evaluate headphones; especially the HD800.post #4965 of 643110/10/12 at 9:11amQuote:
i got there also
they got quite a few headphones and iems to try
however its a bit noisy there sometimes so open back headphones are a harder to listen to
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 56 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › most analogue/valve/tube sounding digital media player (dap) 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...