The first one, I didn't even bother, or rather, I'd didn't even get the chance to. The second person got a decent fit, but he tends to not loop the cable over the ear, so they still fell out a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Ultrasone PRO 900 worth it? Last post on 8/19/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 331
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4952 of 643110/3/12 at 1:48pm
Gave my KSC75 to girlfriend, who'd previously used the low-cost Sennheiser PC 31 headset as her main headphones. I tried the PC 31 prior to this, and though the response was relatively even, the sound was very lacking with music. I thought for sure the KSC75 would be an improvement for her.
In the end, "they're smooth" (said in an underwhelmed tone) was what she found the difference to be.post #4953 of 643110/5/12 at 8:32ampost #4954 of 643110/5/12 at 11:00ampost #4955 of 643110/7/12 at 11:59pmpost #4956 of 643110/8/12 at 5:30ampost #4957 of 643110/8/12 at 5:08pmpost #4958 of 643110/8/12 at 7:08pmpost #4959 of 643110/8/12 at 7:23pmpost #4960 of 643110/8/12 at 8:29pm
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.post #4961 of 643110/9/12 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by jazzerdave
Well, it's more from being a musician for years than from my years of audiophilia, but I hear out to 14 kHz in my left ear and 16 kHz in my right ear. While it's certainly possible that many of the head-fiers in this thread have better hearing than I have and that many of the ibud users have worse hearing, it's not far-fetched that many casual music fans would have better hearing than many of us here at Head-fi. It doesn't necessarily mean they have better ears for actually picking out better sound, but they are likely to have better hearing.
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?post #4962 of 643110/9/12 at 9:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Origin89
I see what you're saying, now. You originally said they "have better ears," which I thought you meant frequency perception. A lot of non music-lovers probably have better hearing, but that's like having a Z06 and not knowing how to drive a stick. So, what does that really matter?
Well, the "better ears" comment wasn't really mine, I just outlined what I assumed to be the meaning of the better ears comment. Personally, I agree the Z06 analogy; it doesn't really matter.post #4963 of 643110/9/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Hah, it wasn't yours, huh. I automatically thought it was him responding. I'm with you, though.post #4964 of 643110/10/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by ramicio
I wish there would be a headphone or audio store where you could:
1. Listen to ever selection.
2. Bring your own source.
3. Pair them up with other products you may be purchasing that might be in the audio.
I have hesitated on buying any headphone worth a bunch of money because all I have to go on is reviews on the internet. If I buy something and don't like it I have to deal with shipping, and they don't cover shipping stuff back. Even a small local store I would support if they carried a huge line of stuff to be able to hear, and I would pay more for it.
Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto, Ontario, Canada has such a setup. I go there all the time to test and evaluate headphones; especially the HD800.post #4965 of 643110/10/12 at 9:11amQuote:
i got there also
they got quite a few headphones and iems to try
however its a bit noisy there sometimes so open back headphones are a harder to listen to
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FOR SALE WESTONE 4 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison 5 minutes ago
- › Critique this headphone amp design? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard / own USB Wireworld Starlight, Starlight 7, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe