Waddaya mean you felt like you had to upgrade everything? 5 year old stuff is ancient.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/8/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/13/11
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 1/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 12/8/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 12/8/10
- productSennheiser CX 300 II-Blacktagged by System, 1/24/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the VMODA M-100 Bassy? Plus other headphones Last post on 12/13/12 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900 Alternatives Last post on 10/5/11 at 12:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 329
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4922 of 64319/25/12 at 10:28pm
I remember my first decent audio purchase - Shure e2c. I was gaga over them. I was in highschool at the time and I remember being at lunch and telling my friends about the IEMs. As we've all seen time and time again, some couldn't comprehend why I'd spend the money on expensive earphones. After passing the ipod and IEM's around, it was clear to them why I had spent money on good IEM's. No one came away unimpressed.
e: reading comprehension . I notice that this topic is for high end, full-sized headphones not mid tier IEMs. I'll leave the post unchanged as it still serves.
Edited by Aquadox - 9/25/12 at 10:33pmpost #4923 of 64319/25/12 at 10:31pmpost #4924 of 64319/25/12 at 11:04pmpost #4925 of 64319/25/12 at 11:05pmpost #4926 of 64319/25/12 at 11:15pmpost #4927 of 64319/25/12 at 11:58pmpost #4928 of 64319/27/12 at 3:41pm
When I boutgh the SR80i everbody were intrigued by them, but I recently got a pair of SR225i, and nobody seems to notice that I got new headphones (wich is a good thing, because if they did, they might think I have a problem ).post #4929 of 64319/27/12 at 4:01pmpost #4930 of 64319/28/12 at 4:59pm
I get a lot of "Is that a bomb?" reactions to my portable setup (Ipod touch, Fiio E6, and a big bulky DIY acoustic simulator)
Someone yelled really loud right in my ear while I was wearing my Q701s "CAN YOU HEAR ME???" to which I turned to him and plainly said yes, and that they were open, so of course I could hear him. He just said that if I can hear him, then they aren't good quality, and walked away. No one I've talked to at my school has ever heard of open backed headphones. I guess they're uncommon to the Ibuds/Skullcandy/Beats crowd.post #4931 of 64319/28/12 at 5:40pmpost #4932 of 64319/28/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
Generally just loop it up close to the jack, and tuck the ends through so it doesn't unroll, and put it in my pocket. I've tried a braid before, but it ended up being about a foot too short to be practical. About 10 people in one of my classes swarmed my modded HD428s yesterday, passing them around and fighting over them. Gave me a good laugh when I said they only cost 20$. One quick cable fix and they were as good as new.
Edited by lostmage - 9/28/12 at 7:29pmpost #4933 of 64319/28/12 at 7:55pm
ever since i got my brothers iem, i remind them everyday they would have been already deaf if they kept stock apple/ samsung earbuds
i just got the fiio e17 at the beginning of summer, and i just bought the digizoid for a portable setup- and my brothers are like "what another amp?"
i explain my setup as this: the DAC is the chip that processes the sound, the amp provides the "juice" to power it (they now get it)
but i hide my purchases from them as im going be spending some big moola in the coming year and hopefully stopping... at least with portablepost #4934 of 64319/30/12 at 11:01am
slightly off topic, but oh well here goes
at jaben (headphone shop) i was with my friend to collect his repaired SRH940, and we saw this old man come to try out some headphones in about the $80 range (converted and import tax compensated) the old man stated he had a SR80 and a DR150 and wants a replacement as his Golding broke. later me and my friend we're telling him about the different headphones he was trying (M50,A500,) while explaining the ones we had (my HD558 and friend's SRH940) and one part in particular confused the old man.
he said: what's soundstage?
we were a little speachless and surprised.
later we joked that because he only had cans like Grados and Goldrings he has no clue what soundstage sounds like (no offence grado and goldring fans they sound quite good but i just feel that those headphones have very narrow soundstages)post #4935 of 64319/30/12 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ZetsuBozu0012
If you're referring to those new earbuds (?) Apple's shipping with their new gadgets (e.g. iPhone 5, upcoming iPod Touch, etc.), then I seriously doubt it's going to affect the audio industry very much. Sure, a lot of people will probably take note of the improved SQ over the previous model, but chances are pretty good that they'll just think that these are "the new best earphones in the market, second only to Beats" (ugh).
Sorry about that. I'm not necessarily a hater, but I get this humongous urge to act sarcastic whenever people bring up iBuds (sorry— EarPods) or Beats cans in a conversation; the fanaticism they inspire is a bit irritating, not to mention disheartening.
That is understandable, think of it another time: Many say, "the most significant upgrade is ditching your iBuds", but what happens when ditching them is not so significant anymore?
This thread is locked
- Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones - mint condition 4 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Want to buy: SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ Plus 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)