Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HOT **New** Moon-Audio.com Silver Dragon IEM Cable!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOT **New** Moon-Audio.com Silver Dragon IEM Cable!!! - Page 3

post #31 of 146
Thread Starter 

If you want to order 5000ft of wire sure:)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhoo View Post

It would be nice if it comes with clear wire.

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #32 of 146
Thread Starter 

Yes just specify at ordering time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajo View Post

Good stuff, I'll have to think about picking one up...

 

Is there any way I can get a cable with no logos?  Not a fan of them (no offense) :- /

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #33 of 146
Thread Starter 

Yes this is a pure silver cable. Please read the first post.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyan View Post

SR71B  Plug with  64 inches  please.

Another question, Will you make a  IEM Cable with pure sliver Only.?

Coz the copper wire has too much bass with my Jh16 pro.

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #34 of 146


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post

Yes this is a pure silver cable. Please read the first post.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyan View Post

SR71B  Plug with  64 inches  please.

Another question, Will you make a  IEM Cable with pure sliver Only.?

Coz the copper wire has too much bass with my Jh16 pro.


 

Isn't it a stranded 26AWG silver plated copper for ground?
 

post #35 of 146

Hello - Add me to the list for a 48" length, terminated with a RSA SR71B plug and UE Reference IEMs. -thanks

 

 

 

post #36 of 146
Thread Starter 


Yes it is UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper ground. The positive conductor is UP-OCC silver .

The copper was used on the ground for added strength and durability to protect from flex failure.
 

 

Isn't it a stranded 26AWG silver plated copper for ground?
 

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #37 of 146

I have tried making my own DIY cables with silver for positive and spc for ground.  It doesn't sound as good compared to the one with silver for both positive and ground, although it's cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post


Yes it is UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper ground. The positive conductor is UP-OCC silver .

The copper was used on the ground for added strength and durability to protect from flex failure.
 

 

Isn't it a stranded 26AWG silver plated copper for ground?
 


 
post #38 of 146

Possible use for TF10's?

post #39 of 146
Thread Starter 

With the design of any cable there are always compromises. We built this cable in both UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper vs UP-OCC silver ground and could not hear a difference. Thus we went with the design that would provide more strength in an abusive environment. All cable geometries are different and sound different. And thus your experience with your DIY cable can not be generalized for all conditions.  and     ouihdbcouhabsdcoashbdciuashbdcauisbhdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandYL View Post

I have tried making my own DIY cables with silver for positive and spc for ground.  It doesn't sound as good compared to the one with silver for both positive and ground, although it's cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post


Yes it is UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper ground. The positive conductor is UP-OCC silver .

The copper was used on the ground for added strength and durability to protect from flex failure.
 

 

Isn't it a stranded 26AWG silver plated copper for ground?
 


 

 

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #40 of 146
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonglol View Post

Possible use for TF10's?


Not at this point as it will require us to make another mold. Hopefully in the future.
 


Edited by drubrew - 12/28/10 at 6:30pm

Thank You. Drew Baird, P.E. Moon Audio 308 Chrismill Lane Holly Springs, NC 27540 919-649-5018 drew@moon-audio.com http://www.moon-audio.com Moon...

Reply
post #41 of 146

I don't understand how it doesn't have any changes in the sound though.  If it doesn't matter, why don't you use spc for both positive and ground?  The design of a cable is important of course, but the ground wire is still matter.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post

With the design of any cable there are always compromises. We built this cable in both UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper vs UP-OCC silver ground and could not hear a difference. Thus we went with the design that would provide more strength in an abusive environment. All cable geometries are different and sound different. And thus your experience with your DIY cable can not be generalized for all conditions.  and     ouihdbcouhabsdcoashbdciuashbdcauisbhdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandYL View Post

I have tried making my own DIY cables with silver for positive and spc for ground.  It doesn't sound as good compared to the one with silver for both positive and ground, although it's cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post


Yes it is UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper ground. The positive conductor is UP-OCC silver .

The copper was used on the ground for added strength and durability to protect from flex failure.
 

 

Isn't it a stranded 26AWG silver plated copper for ground?
 


 

 

 
post #42 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandYL View Post

I don't understand how it doesn't have any changes in the sound though.  If it doesn't matter, why don't you use spc for both positive and ground?  The design of a cable is important of course, but the ground wire is still matter.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubrew View Post

With the design of any cable there are always compromises. We built this cable in both UP-OCC silver over UP-OCC copper vs UP-OCC silver ground and could not hear a difference. Thus we went with the design that would provide more strength in an abusive environment. All cable geometries are different and sound different. And thus your experience with your DIY cable can not be generalized for all conditions.


 


He already said they used copper to make it more durable - where did you see that it "doesn't matter"? Since IEM cables will more often be used on the road I think they made the right choice making it durable. They mentioned very clearly it is the baby brother to the headphone Silver Dragons and built it with focus on flexibility and weight.  

 

Also, could you share your cable geometry and silver purity? The solder used and method used for construction? I think all those matter too. 

post #43 of 146

Drew said that he cannot find a difference in terms of 'sound quality', which is what I mean 'it doesn't matter'.  All I am trying to say is that the ground wire also affects the sound quality. 

 

Anyway, IEM cable like TWag OM doesn't have any issues on durability, so I don't think that's the main reason of using SPC for ground.  

 

The solder that I used for my cable is Mundorf supreme silver/gold, and the wires are Neotech UPOCC Silver 7N.  The cable geometry is similar to the Neotech NEI-1001.  It sounds very close to NEI-1001 and cost a lot cheaper.  Of course, it doesn't look as good.  

 

That is just my experience.  If anyone of you think that using silver plated copper for ground doesn't have any difference in terms of sound quality, then go for it!

post #44 of 146

i think candy has a valid point. i have read a few times on this forum that that isnt a very good sounding cable composition when compared to jus copper or jus silver. 

post #45 of 146
@CandyL - thanks for your thoughts and observations. I've got cables coming from Whiplash, ALO & Moon w different compositions. Will update on my observations. They might end up being the same as yours. smily_headphones1.gif

@debitsohn - have you heard the differences personally? I'm just curious since you seem to have adequate gear to warrant hearing differences in e cable. smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › HOT **New** Moon-Audio.com Silver Dragon IEM Cable!!!