My mom said I can spend around $400 or so on some good IEMS, custom or universal. I listen to breakcore, electronica, idm, gabber, hardcore, trance, psy-trance, house, electro house, tech house, drum and bass, ambient, chiptunes, j-core, and minimal. I've been recommended the Etymotic ER4P, the Shure SE530, or the UE Triple-Fi. Any recommendations?
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 12/7/10
- productRadius HP TWF 11rtagged by System, 12/7/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/7/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Proposed IEM audition/trade with other members... Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which of the following IEMs do you feel has the best quality cable? Last post on 1/28/11 at 1:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap Last post on 9/25/11 at 11:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- AdvertiseLast edited: 12/16/10
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMspost #1 of 2412/6/10 at 3:25pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2412/6/10 at 3:38pmpost #3 of 2412/6/10 at 4:03pm
It seems like you want some strong bass for the types of music you are listening to. Since that is the case, I would not go for the ER-4P. The Triple.Fi is good, but there is better (esp. for $400). If you want a Shure IEM, check out the SE535.
IEMs I would recommend you check out:
Monster Turbine Pro Copper
This thread is a great starting point:
With $400, I would not go for customs. Ear impressions, shipping, and other factors could easily eat up $100+ of your budget. You can always get your universals custom tips or a custom reshell later.post #4 of 2412/6/10 at 4:10pmpost #5 of 2412/6/10 at 4:27pmpost #6 of 2412/6/10 at 4:38pm
I own the Etymotic 4p's, they never get used since I got the Shure SE530's, which I use daily. I now also have Shure SE 535's which sound better to me than the 530's by a fair margin. I think the 530's are a tad more comfy than the 535's, but I may not be used to the 535's yet. (I have had them a week). Tomorrow my TripleFi 10's arrive. Hmmmm. I think I want the Westone 3's as well. Hmmmm.post #7 of 2412/6/10 at 4:38pm
if the guy is 16 years old , there's no point buying customs
(the line 'my mother gave me money' may point to him being quite young)
also , if these are his first real,good IEM's shouldn't he first see the sound signature he prefers ?
otherwise , whatever he buys may end in the FS backyard
and dude , do some reading/studying here yourself
noone but you really knows what iem fits you best.
Edited by proedros - 12/6/10 at 4:39pmpost #8 of 2412/7/10 at 4:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 2412/7/10 at 5:18pmQuote:
Actually he has a point (albeit a point presented in an abrupt fashion), you shouldn't go for customs until you are older. You would need remolds too often.post #10 of 2412/7/10 at 6:00pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by violinvirtuosoQuote:
Actually he has a point (albeit a point presented in an abrupt fashion), you shouldn't go for customs until you are older. You would need remolds too often.
I'll get some universals again, thanks for letting me know.post #11 of 2412/7/10 at 7:33pm
Sounds like you listen to bass-heavy music. In that case, the ER-4P will be too bright and analytical. I'd recommend the Shure SE535 (it's one of the best universal IEMs available, though it's expensive. The SE425 isn't a bad second choice). It's more comfortable than the UE Triple.fi 10, and most people seem to prefer its sound.
I wish my mom would give me $400 to spend on IEMs...
Edited by calipilot227 - 12/7/10 at 7:36pmpost #12 of 2412/7/10 at 7:45pm
It's not easy to get your first high end universal purchase right the first time. You have a good enough budget to shop around in the FS forum and try different high ends that you think you might like and reselling those you don't like. The TF10s might be good for your genres, but aren't worth the retail price. $190 maximum. You might like W3's also. With $400 to spend you may want to think about upgrading your source or adding an amp to make good IEMs great. Also try to keep in mind whether you like a warm or bright sound.
Edited by sphinxvc - 12/7/10 at 7:46pmpost #13 of 2412/7/10 at 8:01pmpost #14 of 2412/7/10 at 8:02pmpost #15 of 2412/7/10 at 8:20pm
The W3's might be a nice fit. Buy 'em used. They will sell for what you paid, if you don't like them, most likely. I also liked the Shure SE530's, haven't tried the 535's but I'd like to! I really wanted to like the triple-fi 10's, but they are just brutally uncomfortable for me. I don't think I'm the only one. Also, Amazon does a one day sale the last couple of years that make the value pretty screwy. For the music you list, the Ety's don't seem a good fit. I'm listening to some Fischer DBA02's right now. For under $200, they are pretty nice.
Edited by aamefford - 12/8/10 at 9:55amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I have around $400 to spend, and I want some AWESOME IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Everything clicks/pops/crackles. Am I going insane? 4 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 Impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 9 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private 9 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear