Yes, but this time YOU wear the tutu...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones... - Page 6post #76 of 1424/1/11 at 4:12am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 1424/1/11 at 5:13am
I just got a reply from GD Audio, they will ship to the UK for $20 which is very reasonable. I assume it will be the same for parts of EU though don't quote me. I am gonna sell my E7 and poss bight the bullet on these bad boys?post #78 of 1424/1/11 at 9:17amQuote:
if you are thinking KSC75 drivers in closed cups, think again.post #79 of 1424/1/11 at 10:05ampost #80 of 1424/2/11 at 1:42pm
Ok, so for what its worth to those who may be interested -
My review of the ES881EB's:
Good: Pretty, real wood, comfortable.
Not so good: Sound just ok, can get sweaty.
Compared to following phones I have on hand:
Senn HD410 SL (at least 1000 years old, but work perfectly and in regular use for late night TV!)
Modified Fostex T50 rp with Beyerdynamic DT-250 earpads.
Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard, via headphone out. (Wave and FLAC Files stored on the hard drive, via Foobar)
Cambridge Azur CD/DVD player via Azur 540 R Amp headphone output (CDs, SACDs)
NAD L56/76 Combo headphone out (CDs, DTS DVDs)
(Tried iPhone line out via FiiO E5 - 'orrible!
And Sansa Clip? - even worse.)
Music listened to:
Various modern and classic Rock
Various Classical music
How they look?
See the pics; the wood is lovely (picks up fingerprints though) and the frame is rubbarised metal, looks ok, nothing special.
A nice touch is the wood on the plugs of the detachable 2m cord.
At first I was very disappointed, very little bass or treble, and unclear mids.
Listened via my (usually quite good) Sound Card - I nearly threw them away.
Burned them in a bit, not too much difference.
Opened them and added sound deadening material, felt pads, and wool fibre.
After some experimenting, the best sound I got was from the Cambridge system I have in the bedroom, listening to SACDs via the headphone out.
They don't sound too bad now. Quite clean and clear, not a lot of bass, about the same as the old Senns, less deep bass than the Fostex mods. A little bright in the upper mids, slightly rolled off treble. Buty they are quite "musical" and in my opinion the wood makes stringed instruments sound...nice.
At usd 45 I would say they were worth it (although for that price here you can get Goldring DR150 and they are better - but much more expensive in the States!) BUT the shipping makes them a bad bargain, IMO.
I am listening to Pink Floyd with them right now..."Another Brick in the Wall pt 2 from "Is there anybody out there", - wonderful stuff.
Third movement of Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D also sounds great.
Okay - here is a "once-in-a-lifetime offer":
Unfortunately only if you live in the EU (due to postal costs and customs issues) -
Anyone else who would like to listen to these can PM me, I will post to them, if they will post them back.
Applies to both the 881's and the 610's...
Edited by mrenard - 4/2/11 at 1:45pmpost #81 of 1424/3/11 at 8:18ampost #82 of 1424/17/11 at 4:11am
Ive been trying to contact Esmooth for about 2 weeks now, but no success. Ive tried the emails on their trading sites, the email on their website and even an attempt at calling them, i dont know how they could just disappear like that. Does anybody know what is happening? has anybody been able to contact them since the beginning of april?post #83 of 1424/17/11 at 6:36ampost #84 of 1424/18/11 at 1:11ampost #85 of 1424/18/11 at 1:22am
I think they are legit, just a bit of a language issue. I have hopes for them, and every time I listen to my 881's they sound better, hope I didn't judge them too harshly. I have never believed that burn-in can change bad headphones to good ones, but these have improved a LOT! They don't go very deep or high, but what they do is starting to sound really good, and musical.post #86 of 1424/18/11 at 1:50am
Great news, where did you manage to find Stevens email just out of curiosity?
I just placed an order for:
Just awaiting the final invoice before payment, A little concerning that he quoted me 3-10 dollars cheaper on alot of items that you stated though.
But a big bonus is they are certified and meet CE and BSI standards. Thanks for your review by the way, it saved me alot of time. ill upload some pictures when they arrive (if they do).post #87 of 1424/18/11 at 2:01am
Hi, that's a LOT of headphones! Have fun.
I am also a bit surprised that he gave you a discount, but then, you are ordering a lot of stuff - bulk discount?
I got his email address when he answered a message I had sent to Xylose, after Xylose had left the company.
He gave me these details:
Esmooth Acoustic Technology .Co.Ltd
Add: Xin He District,WanJiang Town,DongGuan City,GuangDong, China
Tel: +86(769) 2217 7188 22181576 ext.811 Fax: +86(769) 2218 1575
Website : www.woodheadphones.com
Esmooth wood headphones, just enjoy it !!post #88 of 1424/18/11 at 2:26am
Ah ok that sounds safe enough for me then.
Yeah its quite a big order! ill have to pawn them off to some friends
Also im not to sure it was discount, the price list he sent me seemed to state that samples were $10+, then 1000 units were at a lower price and so on. I guess they're prices just went down? He also stated that sample orders (lower than 1000) had to display the esmooth logo which im fine with, but i have noticed a few of your headphones are blank.
Maybe the guy you were dealing with got fired for not doing his job right :)post #89 of 1424/18/11 at 2:35ampost #90 of 1424/18/11 at 4:34am
Okay, so I'll be ordering the ES881CW, ES881EB, ES880EB, ES828, ES820RS, ES821CW, ES620EB, and ES610 in a few months. Anyone happen to wanna buy off what I don't want for the price of them + a fraction of shipping? I'll be comparing the different sonic characters of the wood.
- ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 12 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR*80e pads 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear