I will do so as soon as I have had a chance to listen properly. Have meanwhile asked my three sons to test them while I have been traveling, and will get some impressions from them as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- "The Lab" Last post on 10/25/16 at 9:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones... - Page 3post #31 of 1423/21/11 at 1:32am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 1423/21/11 at 2:07am
If anyone wants to order any of these and test them, themselves, they are very cheap - the most expensive being 45 USD, the little wire ones shown in the first post are 25 USD and the earplugs are 13 USD.
You can order them by emailing email@example.com
They are sent by courier (3 days from China to Sweden) and the courier costs quite a bit - 50 USD! (That was for 5 headphones - but the minimum cost is 45 USD.
They are very helpful, and have asked for any suggestions to improve the sound. They say that they actually manufacture the drivers themselves...post #33 of 1423/21/11 at 10:07am
They look amazing, I really wanted to order the ES-881EB since they take the Audio Technica design, but there's no easy way to order, which I find weird. There's no prices which I also found weird. They have way too many headphones too, which to me seems like they are more worried about looks rather than sound. Maybe once I get some throw away money I'll order some of these and give them to friends as gifts if I don't like them.post #34 of 1423/21/11 at 10:24am
It looks like they're just an OEM and don't sell direct to customers.
You're right about the looks though. That's all they seem to be for. I could really care less about how they sound since the only purpose I see in them is as fosterphones for modding. As long as the frame and cups are of reasonable quality I'd be happy if they came without drivers.post #35 of 1423/22/11 at 1:20ampost #36 of 1423/22/11 at 1:22ampost #37 of 1423/22/11 at 2:42am
Original Equipment Manufacturer - means they produce for other brand names, and usually do not sell/market to the public.
Just a thought about the earbuds/IEM's - I have never been able to use any of these before, they either fall out, or go so far in that I feel like my brain is being invaded by aliens! (I hope I am not alone in this?) I also experience with the ones that go in deeply, that there is too much bass, possibly due to the very small diameter of my ear canals.
Anyway, although I don't think the sound of these is wonderful - still too much bass, the midrange is quite musical, and they fit comfortably! So if this is important to you, they are quite inexpensive, and beautifully made. The cords seem of good quality, quiet, and non tangling. I use a small silicon earpiece-thingy on the left and a medium on the right - go figure, but that feels comfortable!
I also find with this type of earphone, individual experience varies widely, so they may sound much better (or worse) to you...post #38 of 1423/22/11 at 2:50ampost #39 of 1423/22/11 at 6:30pmpost #40 of 1423/23/11 at 5:27pm
To any of you who have actually bought some, I'm most interested in the build quality -- especially on the little ES-610BB. They mostly look like they're made out of cheap plastic, which is surprising considering the whole wood thing.post #41 of 1423/24/11 at 1:39am
ES 610 BB
They are bamboo. Definitely real wood, I have opened them up. The finish is so clean it looks like plastic from the outside. The metal parts look very thin, but seem quite strong. They fold in a strange way, not very small, slightly awkward. The plastic joints work well, and are a bit stronger than they at first appear, but I don't know how long they will last. They do not sound anything special at all. I have put a little sound deadening material inside, which made them sound slightly clearer, but reduced the (already minimal) bass somewhat.The baffle does not appear to make an airtight seal, either, on the cup. But that seems to be by design, rather than bad workmanship. I think that the cushions actually have real leather on the front. I would say that of all the models I have from eSmooth these are the least well made, but the workmanship is still of high quality, they are quite exotic. They are also amazingly light, they make Koss Porta Pro's feel like they are made of lead.
I hope my comments help...
I have made some suggestions to the manufacturer, and they say they will discuss with their technicians. I am not sure if they will take me seriously, though, and anyway, what do I know! : )
Oh - they cost USD 25.00 plus shipping.
Edited by mrenard - 3/24/11 at 1:41ampost #42 of 1423/24/11 at 4:19pm
When you opened them up, how much space did it seem like there was? Also, is the driver a part of the baffle or does the driver just clip in? I ask to assess the possibilities as a fosterphone for an SFI tweeter.post #43 of 1423/24/11 at 6:13pm
Drooling over some of these but it would be nice to get some owner feedback a bit first. It's not like they can be demo'd in store here ( Canada ) . Really looking forward to your reviews on those. Please...and thanks in advance.post #44 of 1423/25/11 at 1:12am
Not much space inside - they are small and the drivers are 38 mm. The drivers are part of the baffle. I will try to take pics and write more about them over the weekend. They are so cheap that it's hardly worth worrying about demos, just buy a pair and try them?
- ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 7 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD X (Complete w/ both cables, hard travel case) -... 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...