I will do so as soon as I have had a chance to listen properly. Have meanwhile asked my three sons to test them while I have been traveling, and will get some impressions from them as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 5/4/14 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones... - Page 3post #31 of 1353/21/11 at 1:32am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 1353/21/11 at 2:07am
If anyone wants to order any of these and test them, themselves, they are very cheap - the most expensive being 45 USD, the little wire ones shown in the first post are 25 USD and the earplugs are 13 USD.
You can order them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
They are sent by courier (3 days from China to Sweden) and the courier costs quite a bit - 50 USD! (That was for 5 headphones - but the minimum cost is 45 USD.
They are very helpful, and have asked for any suggestions to improve the sound. They say that they actually manufacture the drivers themselves...post #33 of 1353/21/11 at 10:07am
They look amazing, I really wanted to order the ES-881EB since they take the Audio Technica design, but there's no easy way to order, which I find weird. There's no prices which I also found weird. They have way too many headphones too, which to me seems like they are more worried about looks rather than sound. Maybe once I get some throw away money I'll order some of these and give them to friends as gifts if I don't like them.post #34 of 1353/21/11 at 10:24am
It looks like they're just an OEM and don't sell direct to customers.
You're right about the looks though. That's all they seem to be for. I could really care less about how they sound since the only purpose I see in them is as fosterphones for modding. As long as the frame and cups are of reasonable quality I'd be happy if they came without drivers.post #35 of 1353/22/11 at 1:20ampost #36 of 1353/22/11 at 1:22ampost #37 of 1353/22/11 at 2:42am
Original Equipment Manufacturer - means they produce for other brand names, and usually do not sell/market to the public.
Just a thought about the earbuds/IEM's - I have never been able to use any of these before, they either fall out, or go so far in that I feel like my brain is being invaded by aliens! (I hope I am not alone in this?) I also experience with the ones that go in deeply, that there is too much bass, possibly due to the very small diameter of my ear canals.
Anyway, although I don't think the sound of these is wonderful - still too much bass, the midrange is quite musical, and they fit comfortably! So if this is important to you, they are quite inexpensive, and beautifully made. The cords seem of good quality, quiet, and non tangling. I use a small silicon earpiece-thingy on the left and a medium on the right - go figure, but that feels comfortable!
I also find with this type of earphone, individual experience varies widely, so they may sound much better (or worse) to you...post #38 of 1353/22/11 at 2:50ampost #39 of 1353/22/11 at 6:30pmpost #40 of 1353/23/11 at 5:27pm
To any of you who have actually bought some, I'm most interested in the build quality -- especially on the little ES-610BB. They mostly look like they're made out of cheap plastic, which is surprising considering the whole wood thing.post #41 of 1353/24/11 at 1:39am
ES 610 BB
They are bamboo. Definitely real wood, I have opened them up. The finish is so clean it looks like plastic from the outside. The metal parts look very thin, but seem quite strong. They fold in a strange way, not very small, slightly awkward. The plastic joints work well, and are a bit stronger than they at first appear, but I don't know how long they will last. They do not sound anything special at all. I have put a little sound deadening material inside, which made them sound slightly clearer, but reduced the (already minimal) bass somewhat.The baffle does not appear to make an airtight seal, either, on the cup. But that seems to be by design, rather than bad workmanship. I think that the cushions actually have real leather on the front. I would say that of all the models I have from eSmooth these are the least well made, but the workmanship is still of high quality, they are quite exotic. They are also amazingly light, they make Koss Porta Pro's feel like they are made of lead.
I hope my comments help...
I have made some suggestions to the manufacturer, and they say they will discuss with their technicians. I am not sure if they will take me seriously, though, and anyway, what do I know! : )
Oh - they cost USD 25.00 plus shipping.
Edited by mrenard - 3/24/11 at 1:41ampost #42 of 1353/24/11 at 4:19pm
When you opened them up, how much space did it seem like there was? Also, is the driver a part of the baffle or does the driver just clip in? I ask to assess the possibilities as a fosterphone for an SFI tweeter.post #43 of 1353/24/11 at 6:13pm
Drooling over some of these but it would be nice to get some owner feedback a bit first. It's not like they can be demo'd in store here ( Canada ) . Really looking forward to your reviews on those. Please...and thanks in advance.post #44 of 1353/25/11 at 1:12am
Not much space inside - they are small and the drivers are 38 mm. The drivers are part of the baffle. I will try to take pics and write more about them over the weekend. They are so cheap that it's hardly worth worrying about demos, just buy a pair and try them?
- ESMOOTH - Gorgeous headphones...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 6 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 20 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Engine A5+ 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Need headphone recommendations. Sennheiser PC350 SE's mabe? 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 4 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Two CIEMs - Custom Art Music Two and UM Miracle 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)