Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › About the firmware of E7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

About the firmware of E7

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Recently , there are some user sent email to us, ask about the firmware of E7, so I will like to reply in here!

 

1, The firmware of E7 can be upgraded by a special kits!  but it can not upgraded by USB, means that you need to send back to us or to our distributor to upgrade the firmware!

 

2, It is over 6 months since E7 launched market! and we do upgrade some features of E7, but all is small change, and onthing about the SQ!

 

3, We will recall E7 if there are any defect or any bug that affect the usage or SQ! as you all know , there are so many thread and replies in Head-Fi and other forum, but so far there are

 

    not any firm defect! and E7 had been proved to be a reliable and qualified USB DAC/AMP!

 

4, To our all products, we will keep improve the quality and features! but it is not means it is a upgrade in quality! it is something about better, not good and bad!

 

 

Hope all you can understand us! and we will keep improve our products and service!

 

 

B.R

 

post #2 of 9

 

Is ther any changelog available just to check what changes were made?

 

My Fiio e7 ver. is FW01JU31JA

 

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 

Not big change, just the setup of the charge function. 

post #4 of 9

Hey Feiao, why are you not making an amp with a good surround sound and audio mic mixing? I am sure you can make better sound quality as Mixamp DSS or the new Creative device. I would really give a 100 Euro for such a device and many others would. Beside the crap on themarket there is only the Headamp from Beyer as Headset surround AMP.

post #5 of 9

I would take an amp from FiiO that provides Dolby Headphone. I think that's what you are referring to.

 

FiiO? Please?  :)  I just bought a E7 and E11 to evaluate.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

Maybe we will develop a such amp , but it is a total different field because the point is sound effect but not sound quality. and we believe it will have bigger market, but FiiO is so young so we need to take care about our speed not too fast.

 

and next year, better quality will be far more important than more new products. 

 

Anyway, thanks for your support and the suggestion, we will not let you disappoint in the future.

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO View Post
 

Recently , there are some user sent email to us, ask about the firmware of E7, so I will like to reply in here!

 

1, The firmware of E7 can be upgraded by a special kits!  but it can not upgraded by USB, means that you need to send back to us or to our distributor to upgrade the firmware!

 

2, It is over 6 months since E7 launched market! and we do upgrade some features of E7, but all is small change, and onthing about the SQ!

 

3, We will recall E7 if there are any defect or any bug that affect the usage or SQ! as you all know , there are so many thread and replies in Head-Fi and other forum, but so far there are

 

    not any firm defect! and E7 had been proved to be a reliable and qualified USB DAC/AMP!

 

4, To our all products, we will keep improve the quality and features! but it is not means it is a upgrade in quality! it is something about better, not good and bad!

 

 

Hope all you can understand us! and we will keep improve our products and service!

 

 

B.R

 


Hi there, it make about 1 year that I use regularly my Fiio E7 and yesterday it begin to make a big hiss noise when using as a DAC. I reset it and now it is not recognize by my computer so it look like the dac fonction doesn't work anymore even if the amp section work normally (need to test more)...I don't know what to do and was really impress by Fiio product before, the test of time did not impress me tough and will be reflected in my opinions if their no way to have the DAC back. Did you have any idea about this issue??? Thanks in advance for the answer!

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphonomaniac View Post


Hi there, it make about 1 year that I use regularly my Fiio E7 and yesterday it begin to make a big hiss noise when using as a DAC. I reset it and now it is not recognize by my computer so it look like the dac fonction doesn't work anymore even if the amp section work normally (need to test more)...I don't know what to do and was really impress by Fiio product before, the test of time did not impress me tough and will be reflected in my opinions if their no way to have the DAC back. Did you have any idea about this issue??? Thanks in advance for the answer!

Hello Nymphonomaniac ( biggrin.gif ),

Since you reset your unit, the input mode may have been changed. Among the AUX, COX and USB input modes, have you set your E7 back to USB mode? It won't be recognized by the computer in the other modes.

Best regards,
Joe
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Hello Nymphonomaniac ( biggrin.gif ),

Since you reset your unit, the input mode may have been changed. Among the AUX, COX and USB input modes, have you set your E7 back to USB mode? It won't be recognized by the computer in the other modes.

Best regards,
Joe


Hi Joe and big thanks for the super fast answer!

Hum, will look like an idiot but today the E7 work flawlessly so I guess my boiling macbook is the one responsible for this complication...wich have impact even when unplug because it cause the amp to hiss too for some time...I don't know what explain this and if I shoud stop listening to it right away. It all begin when I plug proundly my Grado GS1000 when the computer was out of memory (too much Hi res music download!) and when I start music the sound was distort and in one ear only and horrifious and I was thinking the Grado was blown and barely cry!!!!!! Was like, should buy a used car instead of this headphones...Anyway, I check for this USB mode stuffs you talk about and couldn't find it , in system set there just FW version, Run time and Default set...no aux, cox, usb input modes...did not even know that there a Coaxial...perhaps you confound it with the E07K?

Thanks again for caring.

Best regards,

Nymphono

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › About the firmware of E7