I actually like the gels on M1s.
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) Last post on 7/20/14 at 1:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
This is an amazing ultra portable amp. I paid 99$ for it and couldn't be happier. Sound This amp has one of the best soundstage i've heard for this price , if not the best. The soundstage can...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i think the Gel supertips give you a better defined, higher-impact bass response but the Foam are a bit easier to get a good seal. However, even the Foam ones are nowhere as easy to get a good seal as Comply Foam Tips. I don't like Comply much though because they can muddy the sound and they break easily.
I like the fit of the Monster foams. More comfortable than Comply to my ears; of course, nothing that I know of seals like Comply. I don't have much head time with my gels, but I remember not wanting to spend too much time futzing with the fit because as someone else stated, they're not meant for some ears, including mine. And thus far the Sony hybrids (that I have come to realize may be fake, but I have no way of knowing at this point) win on the balance of comfort, fit, seal, and sound (I realize those aspects overlap some).
My foams are starting to wear out, which irks me because I suspect they are lasting about as long as a pair of Comply would. I have slept with my Monster foams in, and I've taken them off and put them on a few times because I'm still in the "which tip" phase, so that could contribute to their early demise.
Curious if anyone else noticed..
- Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Looking for ~200$ IEMs 36 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 58 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 7 minutes ago
- › New to Headphone moding/repair please help me find the right words. 7 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)