I actually like the gels on M1s.
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with crazy low prices (including Hybrid designs!) Last post on Today at 7:43 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i think the Gel supertips give you a better defined, higher-impact bass response but the Foam are a bit easier to get a good seal. However, even the Foam ones are nowhere as easy to get a good seal as Comply Foam Tips. I don't like Comply much though because they can muddy the sound and they break easily.
I like the fit of the Monster foams. More comfortable than Comply to my ears; of course, nothing that I know of seals like Comply. I don't have much head time with my gels, but I remember not wanting to spend too much time futzing with the fit because as someone else stated, they're not meant for some ears, including mine. And thus far the Sony hybrids (that I have come to realize may be fake, but I have no way of knowing at this point) win on the balance of comfort, fit, seal, and sound (I realize those aspects overlap some).
My foams are starting to wear out, which irks me because I suspect they are lasting about as long as a pair of Comply would. I have slept with my Monster foams in, and I've taken them off and put them on a few times because I'm still in the "which tip" phase, so that could contribute to their early demise.
Curious if anyone else noticed..
- Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 8 seconds ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 36 seconds ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 2 minutes ago
- › Copper, mud, potato, banana. Can you tell the difference? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 2 minutes ago
- › Is there a beginners sticky about headphone amps and DACs? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 minutes ago
- › hisound n1 and n3 both new in box PRICE DROP 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe