I actually like the gels on M1s.
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i think the Gel supertips give you a better defined, higher-impact bass response but the Foam are a bit easier to get a good seal. However, even the Foam ones are nowhere as easy to get a good seal as Comply Foam Tips. I don't like Comply much though because they can muddy the sound and they break easily.
I like the fit of the Monster foams. More comfortable than Comply to my ears; of course, nothing that I know of seals like Comply. I don't have much head time with my gels, but I remember not wanting to spend too much time futzing with the fit because as someone else stated, they're not meant for some ears, including mine. And thus far the Sony hybrids (that I have come to realize may be fake, but I have no way of knowing at this point) win on the balance of comfort, fit, seal, and sound (I realize those aspects overlap some).
My foams are starting to wear out, which irks me because I suspect they are lasting about as long as a pair of Comply would. I have slept with my Monster foams in, and I've taken them off and put them on a few times because I'm still in the "which tip" phase, so that could contribute to their early demise.
Curious if anyone else noticed..
- Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i 3 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 38 seconds ago
- › suitable car amp to work with x3 + 2 8's 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › HE-560 versus HD800 (Anaxilus 2 modded) - impressions after a 2... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)