I actually like the gels on M1s.
Related Forum Threads
- Need advice: silicone custom IEM? Last post on 10/21/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Full size vs iem vs custom Last post on 8/24/13 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Custom IEM advice Last post on 11/1/12 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM Recommendations? Last post on 10/16/12 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!) Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam? - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
i think the Gel supertips give you a better defined, higher-impact bass response but the Foam are a bit easier to get a good seal. However, even the Foam ones are nowhere as easy to get a good seal as Comply Foam Tips. I don't like Comply much though because they can muddy the sound and they break easily.
I like the fit of the Monster foams. More comfortable than Comply to my ears; of course, nothing that I know of seals like Comply. I don't have much head time with my gels, but I remember not wanting to spend too much time futzing with the fit because as someone else stated, they're not meant for some ears, including mine. And thus far the Sony hybrids (that I have come to realize may be fake, but I have no way of knowing at this point) win on the balance of comfort, fit, seal, and sound (I realize those aspects overlap some).
My foams are starting to wear out, which irks me because I suspect they are lasting about as long as a pair of Comply would. I have slept with my Monster foams in, and I've taken them off and put them on a few times because I'm still in the "which tip" phase, so that could contribute to their early demise.
Curious if anyone else noticed..
- Monster SuperTips - Gel vs. foam?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 8 seconds ago
- › In-Depth Comparison: Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitor & Noble... 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 29 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 41 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › tips for new headphones (principally for rock music) 3 minutes ago
- › which headphone under $1000 to buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)