Right now it's the LCD-2. I actually haven't picked up any of my other cans since I got these puppies. Before that it was tied between the AD2000 and HD650.
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 8/13/16 at 6:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 9/25/16 at 6:26am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
The one headphones you use most in your collect? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7312/15/10 at 8:42ampost #48 of 7312/15/10 at 8:47am
At work, TWAgged DBI Pro-705s. I alternated between these and the Shure SRH-840s for a week and have stuck with the 705s since. While the Shures sound better by almost all measures, and are better at blocking out external noise too (the whole reason why I stick with closed cans in the office), the 705s are more comfortable and the sound is less trebly, so background music doesn't get sufficiently distracting.
At home, I still switch between headphones a lot but probably reach for the MB Quart 95x most often. Probably the second-most comfortable cans I've got (the most comfortable being a QP 70 with almost-worn-out pads). Well-recorded music sounds extremely good, but it's very forgiving of the hours of poorly-recorded indy rock I've been ripping and re-auditing for the past couple months. If I know I'll be listening exclusively to music with high production values for an evening, one of the AKGs are usually my first choice; otherwise it's annoying to swap cans after every few songs.post #49 of 7312/15/10 at 9:03ampost #50 of 7312/15/10 at 10:15am
For home use, my MP Sextetts are my favourite set and I'm selling off everything else. For portable, either my Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Senn PX100-ii.post #51 of 7312/15/10 at 10:31ampost #52 of 7312/15/10 at 10:34ampost #53 of 7312/15/10 at 11:07ampost #54 of 7312/15/10 at 12:37pmpost #55 of 7312/16/10 at 7:23pmpost #56 of 7312/16/10 at 8:11pmpost #57 of 7312/16/10 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #58 of 7312/16/10 at 9:24pm
Right now it's a tie between my KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. When I listen to the KRK I keep going back to the DJ100 because the sound is more engaging and fun. I love the bass on them.
The M30 pads on the DJ100 make them soooo comfortable. I think those are my favorite cheap pads. Somehow they keep my ears cool.
My k601 that I love has not been used in over a week and a half sadly. I NEED to start listening to it more!post #59 of 7312/16/10 at 9:38pm
K701s have gotten the nod over several other headphones. Of course, I'm quick to get rid of headphones I know I won't listen to over the K701s, so...
Although the HF-2s are a completely different beast, so I've been reconsidering my quest to find the single "do-everything" headphone and instead getting two separate headphones.post #60 of 731/22/13 at 1:15pm
I have three headphones in my collection (so far ) and I really love all of them, and using them almost equally. I have to say though that I probably use my k701 most because they are good with jazz and orchestral classical music which is the music I mostly listen to. I use my k501 with chamber music and acoustic rock and pop, and HD650 with rock and sometimes with larger orchestral works. Either way this trio is a fantastic set of headphones I don't like the idea of a single "do-everything" headphone. I prefer to have different headphones that excell in their own areas and complete each other, creating a little variety.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › University student looking for some new headphones or advice on how... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Please recommend headphones or IEMs for blocking low frequency noise 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Extreme Metal Zone! 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Ref. 1 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 5 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear