Right now it's the LCD-2. I actually haven't picked up any of my other cans since I got these puppies. Before that it was tied between the AD2000 and HD650.
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 10/20/13 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on Today at 3:42 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 4/5/13 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
The one headphones you use most in your collect? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 6812/15/10 at 8:42ampost #48 of 6812/15/10 at 8:47am
At work, TWAgged DBI Pro-705s. I alternated between these and the Shure SRH-840s for a week and have stuck with the 705s since. While the Shures sound better by almost all measures, and are better at blocking out external noise too (the whole reason why I stick with closed cans in the office), the 705s are more comfortable and the sound is less trebly, so background music doesn't get sufficiently distracting.
At home, I still switch between headphones a lot but probably reach for the MB Quart 95x most often. Probably the second-most comfortable cans I've got (the most comfortable being a QP 70 with almost-worn-out pads). Well-recorded music sounds extremely good, but it's very forgiving of the hours of poorly-recorded indy rock I've been ripping and re-auditing for the past couple months. If I know I'll be listening exclusively to music with high production values for an evening, one of the AKGs are usually my first choice; otherwise it's annoying to swap cans after every few songs.post #49 of 6812/15/10 at 9:03ampost #50 of 6812/15/10 at 10:15am
For home use, my MP Sextetts are my favourite set and I'm selling off everything else. For portable, either my Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Senn PX100-ii.post #51 of 6812/15/10 at 10:31ampost #52 of 6812/15/10 at 10:34ampost #53 of 6812/15/10 at 11:07ampost #54 of 6812/15/10 at 12:37pmpost #55 of 6812/16/10 at 7:23pmpost #56 of 6812/16/10 at 8:11pmpost #57 of 6812/16/10 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #58 of 6812/16/10 at 9:24pm
Right now it's a tie between my KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. When I listen to the KRK I keep going back to the DJ100 because the sound is more engaging and fun. I love the bass on them.
The M30 pads on the DJ100 make them soooo comfortable. I think those are my favorite cheap pads. Somehow they keep my ears cool.
My k601 that I love has not been used in over a week and a half sadly. I NEED to start listening to it more!post #59 of 6812/16/10 at 9:38pm
K701s have gotten the nod over several other headphones. Of course, I'm quick to get rid of headphones I know I won't listen to over the K701s, so...
Although the HF-2s are a completely different beast, so I've been reconsidering my quest to find the single "do-everything" headphone and instead getting two separate headphones.post #60 of 681/22/13 at 1:15pm
I have three headphones in my collection (so far ) and I really love all of them, and using them almost equally. I have to say though that I probably use my k701 most because they are good with jazz and orchestral classical music which is the music I mostly listen to. I use my k501 with chamber music and acoustic rock and pop, and HD650 with rock and sometimes with larger orchestral works. Either way this trio is a fantastic set of headphones I don't like the idea of a single "do-everything" headphone. I prefer to have different headphones that excell in their own areas and complete each other, creating a little variety.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 40 seconds ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 41 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Introduction 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable Headphones for Indie/Dubstep 2 minutes ago
- › i'd like an open sub $300 pair of headphones with detachable cable... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe