Right now it's the LCD-2. I actually haven't picked up any of my other cans since I got these puppies. Before that it was tied between the AD2000 and HD650.
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 3/31/14 at 1:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 4/5/13 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The one headphones you use most in your collect? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 6812/15/10 at 8:42ampost #48 of 6812/15/10 at 8:47am
At work, TWAgged DBI Pro-705s. I alternated between these and the Shure SRH-840s for a week and have stuck with the 705s since. While the Shures sound better by almost all measures, and are better at blocking out external noise too (the whole reason why I stick with closed cans in the office), the 705s are more comfortable and the sound is less trebly, so background music doesn't get sufficiently distracting.
At home, I still switch between headphones a lot but probably reach for the MB Quart 95x most often. Probably the second-most comfortable cans I've got (the most comfortable being a QP 70 with almost-worn-out pads). Well-recorded music sounds extremely good, but it's very forgiving of the hours of poorly-recorded indy rock I've been ripping and re-auditing for the past couple months. If I know I'll be listening exclusively to music with high production values for an evening, one of the AKGs are usually my first choice; otherwise it's annoying to swap cans after every few songs.post #49 of 6812/15/10 at 9:03ampost #50 of 6812/15/10 at 10:15am
For home use, my MP Sextetts are my favourite set and I'm selling off everything else. For portable, either my Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Senn PX100-ii.post #51 of 6812/15/10 at 10:31ampost #52 of 6812/15/10 at 10:34ampost #53 of 6812/15/10 at 11:07ampost #54 of 6812/15/10 at 12:37pmpost #55 of 6812/16/10 at 7:23pmpost #56 of 6812/16/10 at 8:11pmpost #57 of 6812/16/10 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #58 of 6812/16/10 at 9:24pm
Right now it's a tie between my KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. When I listen to the KRK I keep going back to the DJ100 because the sound is more engaging and fun. I love the bass on them.
The M30 pads on the DJ100 make them soooo comfortable. I think those are my favorite cheap pads. Somehow they keep my ears cool.
My k601 that I love has not been used in over a week and a half sadly. I NEED to start listening to it more!post #59 of 6812/16/10 at 9:38pm
K701s have gotten the nod over several other headphones. Of course, I'm quick to get rid of headphones I know I won't listen to over the K701s, so...
Although the HF-2s are a completely different beast, so I've been reconsidering my quest to find the single "do-everything" headphone and instead getting two separate headphones.post #60 of 681/22/13 at 1:15pm
I have three headphones in my collection (so far ) and I really love all of them, and using them almost equally. I have to say though that I probably use my k701 most because they are good with jazz and orchestral classical music which is the music I mostly listen to. I use my k501 with chamber music and acoustic rock and pop, and HD650 with rock and sometimes with larger orchestral works. Either way this trio is a fantastic set of headphones I don't like the idea of a single "do-everything" headphone. I prefer to have different headphones that excell in their own areas and complete each other, creating a little variety.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 25 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ALO Copper 22 - balanced mini 1 minute ago
- › JRiver.com 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob