Right now it's the LCD-2. I actually haven't picked up any of my other cans since I got these puppies. Before that it was tied between the AD2000 and HD650.
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 1/11/15 at 12:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 4/5/13 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
The one headphones you use most in your collect? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7312/15/10 at 8:42ampost #48 of 7312/15/10 at 8:47am
At work, TWAgged DBI Pro-705s. I alternated between these and the Shure SRH-840s for a week and have stuck with the 705s since. While the Shures sound better by almost all measures, and are better at blocking out external noise too (the whole reason why I stick with closed cans in the office), the 705s are more comfortable and the sound is less trebly, so background music doesn't get sufficiently distracting.
At home, I still switch between headphones a lot but probably reach for the MB Quart 95x most often. Probably the second-most comfortable cans I've got (the most comfortable being a QP 70 with almost-worn-out pads). Well-recorded music sounds extremely good, but it's very forgiving of the hours of poorly-recorded indy rock I've been ripping and re-auditing for the past couple months. If I know I'll be listening exclusively to music with high production values for an evening, one of the AKGs are usually my first choice; otherwise it's annoying to swap cans after every few songs.post #49 of 7312/15/10 at 9:03ampost #50 of 7312/15/10 at 10:15am
For home use, my MP Sextetts are my favourite set and I'm selling off everything else. For portable, either my Pioneer HDJ-2000 or Senn PX100-ii.post #51 of 7312/15/10 at 10:31ampost #52 of 7312/15/10 at 10:34ampost #53 of 7312/15/10 at 11:07ampost #54 of 7312/15/10 at 12:37pmpost #55 of 7312/16/10 at 7:23pmpost #56 of 7312/16/10 at 8:11pmpost #57 of 7312/16/10 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #58 of 7312/16/10 at 9:24pm
Right now it's a tie between my KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. When I listen to the KRK I keep going back to the DJ100 because the sound is more engaging and fun. I love the bass on them.
The M30 pads on the DJ100 make them soooo comfortable. I think those are my favorite cheap pads. Somehow they keep my ears cool.
My k601 that I love has not been used in over a week and a half sadly. I NEED to start listening to it more!post #59 of 7312/16/10 at 9:38pm
K701s have gotten the nod over several other headphones. Of course, I'm quick to get rid of headphones I know I won't listen to over the K701s, so...
Although the HF-2s are a completely different beast, so I've been reconsidering my quest to find the single "do-everything" headphone and instead getting two separate headphones.post #60 of 731/22/13 at 1:15pm
I have three headphones in my collection (so far ) and I really love all of them, and using them almost equally. I have to say though that I probably use my k701 most because they are good with jazz and orchestral classical music which is the music I mostly listen to. I use my k501 with chamber music and acoustic rock and pop, and HD650 with rock and sometimes with larger orchestral works. Either way this trio is a fantastic set of headphones I don't like the idea of a single "do-everything" headphone. I prefer to have different headphones that excell in their own areas and complete each other, creating a little variety.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 25 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › DNA Sonett Review 38 seconds ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Help building a RCA to mini plug attenuator cable 3 minutes ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3