- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 1/11/15 at 12:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 4/5/13 at 11:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
The one headphones you use most in your collect?post #1 of 7312/5/10 at 10:23amThread StarterWhat is the one headphones you use most from your collection? What do you use it with and why you use it most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 7312/5/10 at 12:39pmpost #3 of 7312/5/10 at 1:03pm
Probably my Koss Pro DJ 100 with my Ipod Touch and Asgard (or airhead). Mostly because it has my near perfect sound signature. If I could list on paper my requirements it'd fit them more than any other headphone.
A good amount of bass (not bass heavy), slightly forward mids, and VERY slightly rolled off (non fatiguing) highs is what I like. I do like a lot of detail and a crystal clear sound. Some of the headphones under $100 sound good, but the sound isn't as clear as it could be. Often you don't realize this until you compare them to more expensive headphones like the KNS-8400 and k601...or even the Grado SR-80!
DJ100 is just fun to listen to. It's addicting and sounds "just right". Sounds good with nearly all of my music. I listen to my k601 when I want a bigger soundstage or want something different or more comfort. I also use my k601 for gaming. DJ100 is great for gaming, but I prefer that bigger soundstage. DJ100 has FAR more forward sounding detail though, but sometimes I don't always feels like I want that with some of my games (I don't play multiplayer FPS games).
Before I got into headphones again I had used my Triple Fi 10 daily for THREE years and nothing else! Right now they collect dust since I've gotten tired of putting things in my ear.post #4 of 7312/5/10 at 1:34pmpost #5 of 7312/5/10 at 2:44pmpost #6 of 7312/5/10 at 2:53pmpost #7 of 7312/5/10 at 3:02pmpost #8 of 7312/5/10 at 3:17pmThe HD-800. I might like the K-1000 a little bit better, but it stays in its box and only comes out when I have a few hours for dedicated listening. The HD-800 is more convenient for knocking off an album while doing something else. I'm usually online and a lot of times the cat wants attention, too.
I love the HD-800 because Sennheiser got most everything right. Not perfect, but the whole outweighs everything else. It is cohesive and rarely puts a foot wrong. I truly appreciate the years of effort Sennheiser put into developing it. More remarkably, the HD-580/600/650 are similar in doing very little wrong, but Sennheiser still improved on them. Unlike some of the "me too!" super-expensive headphones that came after the HD-800. Some manufacturers decided that they needed something with a $1,000+ pricetag that incorporated luxury packaging, so they reheated their leftovers and started charging a hell of a lot of money.
The K-1000 also is coherent and hangs together quite well. Unlike Sennheiser, AKG decided not to follow up an excellent headphone with an improvement.
I should also mention that the speakers are getting a bit of listening time, too. I rotate them and have the ProAc Response 2.5 clones running now. Not the last word in resolution, but they are remarkable speakers and the bass is a lot of fun!post #9 of 7312/5/10 at 3:54pm
HD800! Those are like, $2000!
As a kid with no job, I could never afford those!
Then again, I would rather buy camera equipment with those 2000 bills instead.
Why are kids today always playing with the expensive toys?
In any case, I use my lowly Sr80i. Its my only one. Well, I do have a M50 coming in the mail, so I'll see how it goes.post #10 of 7312/5/10 at 3:58pmpost #11 of 7312/5/10 at 4:15pm
For the past few months its been my ATH-W11R. I listen to more rock and vocals than anything else and the W11R (out of my warmish setup) handles those two genres of music better than any other headphone I've heard. The fact that they are closed is also a big part of why I favor them in most cases. OTOH if I'm in the mood to listen to classical or acoustic (and my environment is quiet enough) I'll usually break out my K400.post #12 of 7312/5/10 at 4:18pmpost #13 of 7312/5/10 at 4:46pmpost #14 of 7312/5/10 at 5:20pm
Well I only have one pair right now but they get a lot of use. The AKG 702s, I probably use them about 10hours a day on average. I usually listen to music constantly when I am on the computer and I am on the computer a lot soo.....post #15 of 7312/5/10 at 5:32pm
I've been using my HD650's pretty much exclusively since I got them. They are just so silky smooth and non tiring. I use them with the HeadRoom desktop amp/DAC with a USB cord connecting it to my laptop.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 18 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 48 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER & TIMBUK2 Promotion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)