- 1,594 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: City by the bay
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- KRK KNS-8400 Review (Impressive $150 headphone) Last post on 1/17/16 at 5:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- It makes no sense, but I love the XB500! Last post on 9/11/11 at 11:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501 & 601. Last post on 9/3/11 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- KRK KNS 6400 Appreciation Thread!! Last post on 4/9/16 at 8:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
The one headphones you use most in your collect?post #1 of 7312/5/10 at 10:23amThread StarterWhat is the one headphones you use most from your collection? What do you use it with and why you use it most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 7312/5/10 at 12:39pmpost #3 of 7312/5/10 at 1:03pm
Probably my Koss Pro DJ 100 with my Ipod Touch and Asgard (or airhead). Mostly because it has my near perfect sound signature. If I could list on paper my requirements it'd fit them more than any other headphone.
A good amount of bass (not bass heavy), slightly forward mids, and VERY slightly rolled off (non fatiguing) highs is what I like. I do like a lot of detail and a crystal clear sound. Some of the headphones under $100 sound good, but the sound isn't as clear as it could be. Often you don't realize this until you compare them to more expensive headphones like the KNS-8400 and k601...or even the Grado SR-80!
DJ100 is just fun to listen to. It's addicting and sounds "just right". Sounds good with nearly all of my music. I listen to my k601 when I want a bigger soundstage or want something different or more comfort. I also use my k601 for gaming. DJ100 is great for gaming, but I prefer that bigger soundstage. DJ100 has FAR more forward sounding detail though, but sometimes I don't always feels like I want that with some of my games (I don't play multiplayer FPS games).
Before I got into headphones again I had used my Triple Fi 10 daily for THREE years and nothing else! Right now they collect dust since I've gotten tired of putting things in my ear.post #4 of 7312/5/10 at 1:34pmpost #5 of 7312/5/10 at 2:44pmpost #6 of 7312/5/10 at 2:53pmpost #7 of 7312/5/10 at 3:02pmpost #8 of 7312/5/10 at 3:17pmThe HD-800. I might like the K-1000 a little bit better, but it stays in its box and only comes out when I have a few hours for dedicated listening. The HD-800 is more convenient for knocking off an album while doing something else. I'm usually online and a lot of times the cat wants attention, too.
I love the HD-800 because Sennheiser got most everything right. Not perfect, but the whole outweighs everything else. It is cohesive and rarely puts a foot wrong. I truly appreciate the years of effort Sennheiser put into developing it. More remarkably, the HD-580/600/650 are similar in doing very little wrong, but Sennheiser still improved on them. Unlike some of the "me too!" super-expensive headphones that came after the HD-800. Some manufacturers decided that they needed something with a $1,000+ pricetag that incorporated luxury packaging, so they reheated their leftovers and started charging a hell of a lot of money.
The K-1000 also is coherent and hangs together quite well. Unlike Sennheiser, AKG decided not to follow up an excellent headphone with an improvement.
I should also mention that the speakers are getting a bit of listening time, too. I rotate them and have the ProAc Response 2.5 clones running now. Not the last word in resolution, but they are remarkable speakers and the bass is a lot of fun!post #9 of 7312/5/10 at 3:54pm
HD800! Those are like, $2000!
As a kid with no job, I could never afford those!
Then again, I would rather buy camera equipment with those 2000 bills instead.
Why are kids today always playing with the expensive toys?
In any case, I use my lowly Sr80i. Its my only one. Well, I do have a M50 coming in the mail, so I'll see how it goes.post #10 of 7312/5/10 at 3:58pmpost #11 of 7312/5/10 at 4:15pm
For the past few months its been my ATH-W11R. I listen to more rock and vocals than anything else and the W11R (out of my warmish setup) handles those two genres of music better than any other headphone I've heard. The fact that they are closed is also a big part of why I favor them in most cases. OTOH if I'm in the mood to listen to classical or acoustic (and my environment is quiet enough) I'll usually break out my K400.post #12 of 7312/5/10 at 4:18pmpost #13 of 7312/5/10 at 4:46pmpost #14 of 7312/5/10 at 5:20pm
Well I only have one pair right now but they get a lot of use. The AKG 702s, I probably use them about 10hours a day on average. I usually listen to music constantly when I am on the computer and I am on the computer a lot soo.....post #15 of 7312/5/10 at 5:32pm
I've been using my HD650's pretty much exclusively since I got them. They are just so silky smooth and non tiring. I use them with the HeadRoom desktop amp/DAC with a USB cord connecting it to my laptop.
- The one headphones you use most in your collect?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › AIWA - OWNERS?? Vintage High end Cans - HP-X10, HP-T10, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Philips Fidelio X2 (Free Shipping) 3 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › GRADO STATEMENT GS2000e - Review and First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...