K501 will not solve OP's issue with K701. You should consider either the hd600 or ad2000.
Related Forum Threads
- OPEN headphones with the TIGHTEST bass! Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just got into high end head audio, upgrade from HD600 to what? LCD , HE500 or??? Last post on 1/25/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
K701 not cutting it? - Page 2post #16 of 1812/5/10 at 6:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1812/5/10 at 7:10pmThread Starter
Thanks for the replies. How much would an M-Stage with uDAC-1 improve the K701? I bought the D1 as an upgrade to the uDAC-1, and I haven't sold it off yet. Also, what kind of differences can I expect with the HD600?post #18 of 1812/24/10 at 6:27am
I rewired them with silver.gold wire to use with a Rudistor balanced amp. After modification they sounded initially very bright. Now, after approx. 100hrs burn-in, things get much better and they show much more microdetail then the orginal onces. Imaging is good, as if you are in the frontseat. Dynamics show a big improvement too over the original.
- K701 not cutting it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)