K501 will not solve OP's issue with K701. You should consider either the hd600 or ad2000.
Related Forum Threads
- OPEN headphones with the TIGHTEST bass! Last post on 12/30/14 at 1:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones + dac/amp help please Last post on 4/16/12 at 5:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Just got into high end head audio, upgrade from HD600 to what? LCD , HE500 or??? Last post on 1/25/12 at 10:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- First good headphones? Last post on 12/15/11 at 11:21am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour, this is my first time listening to high end DAP! Introduction I...
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
K701 not cutting it? - Page 2post #16 of 1812/5/10 at 6:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1812/5/10 at 7:10pmThread Starter
Thanks for the replies. How much would an M-Stage with uDAC-1 improve the K701? I bought the D1 as an upgrade to the uDAC-1, and I haven't sold it off yet. Also, what kind of differences can I expect with the HD600?post #18 of 1812/24/10 at 6:27am
I rewired them with silver.gold wire to use with a Rudistor balanced amp. After modification they sounded initially very bright. Now, after approx. 100hrs burn-in, things get much better and they show much more microdetail then the orginal onces. Imaging is good, as if you are in the frontseat. Dynamics show a big improvement too over the original.
- K701 not cutting it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 32 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 43 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2