I recently purchase a set of UE TF10, unfortunately I could not get a good fit with it. So I was thinking about getting it reshelled at fisher, and maybe get some cables. For the price I am going to spend making it custom, I could get an earsonic SM3. From reading the forum, i know I will get a good seal/fit with the SM3 as i get a good fit with my Westone UM2.. All opnions are welcome, thanks in advance.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/7/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM help: Looking for my last IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Sil3nce - 12/4/10 at 12:45pm
I highly recommend the Sm3. IMO they smoke everything i have previously owned combined ie. TF10, CK10, MTPC, Silver Bullets, Re0's ... IMO opinion you could put all those together and couldn't produce what the Sm3 offers.I really don't see them being over hyped. When you start getting into top tier IEM'S it comes down to preference in the sound you're looking for. I wouldn't waste your money on reshelling the TF10. If your looking for customs i agree with Sil3nce go for one of the suggested. If you are looking for universal i cant help but recommend the Sm3 , it is my fav. at the moment.
X2 on this path. Forget universals and get a good pair of "entry level" customs at that price point ($350+). The JH5s, for example, which I own, were originally priced at $599, but reduced to $399. A tremendous value in my view, and much bette than any high-end universals I have owned, and I have owned a lot. Or, you could try the new 1964 Ears dual customs, which are $125 cheaper than the JH5s. I would rather have the JHA sound and a two-year warranty than the $125 in my pocket. But there is a less expensive path to customs. Reshelling the TF10s does seem like a crapshoot. I would sell the TF10s and invest in the JH5s or 64 Ears customs. You will be happy.
Neither. If you have taken the time to read you would notice there has been quite a few owners of reshelled tf-10s stating that the customs are different or even worse than stock. As for the sm3, It sure is a great universal but I have to also agree that people are finding it overhyped and not worth it. Hence the increased amounts of for sale sm3 on the forum. Best bet? Go for a pair of customs from a reliable dealer such as the Jh-5, Ue-4, or even from new companies such as 1964-D. That's of course if you want to make the jump.
Edited by pellegrino10 - 12/4/10 at 1:52pm
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphones are better? 15 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 21 seconds ago
- › FS: Grado GS1000i Statement Series headphones - mint condition 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)