I recently purchase a set of UE TF10, unfortunately I could not get a good fit with it. So I was thinking about getting it reshelled at fisher, and maybe get some cables. For the price I am going to spend making it custom, I could get an earsonic SM3. From reading the forum, i know I will get a good seal/fit with the SM3 as i get a good fit with my Westone UM2.. All opnions are welcome, thanks in advance.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/7/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM help: Looking for my last IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Sil3nce - 12/4/10 at 12:45pm
I highly recommend the Sm3. IMO they smoke everything i have previously owned combined ie. TF10, CK10, MTPC, Silver Bullets, Re0's ... IMO opinion you could put all those together and couldn't produce what the Sm3 offers.I really don't see them being over hyped. When you start getting into top tier IEM'S it comes down to preference in the sound you're looking for. I wouldn't waste your money on reshelling the TF10. If your looking for customs i agree with Sil3nce go for one of the suggested. If you are looking for universal i cant help but recommend the Sm3 , it is my fav. at the moment.
X2 on this path. Forget universals and get a good pair of "entry level" customs at that price point ($350+). The JH5s, for example, which I own, were originally priced at $599, but reduced to $399. A tremendous value in my view, and much bette than any high-end universals I have owned, and I have owned a lot. Or, you could try the new 1964 Ears dual customs, which are $125 cheaper than the JH5s. I would rather have the JHA sound and a two-year warranty than the $125 in my pocket. But there is a less expensive path to customs. Reshelling the TF10s does seem like a crapshoot. I would sell the TF10s and invest in the JH5s or 64 Ears customs. You will be happy.
Neither. If you have taken the time to read you would notice there has been quite a few owners of reshelled tf-10s stating that the customs are different or even worse than stock. As for the sm3, It sure is a great universal but I have to also agree that people are finding it overhyped and not worth it. Hence the increased amounts of for sale sm3 on the forum. Best bet? Go for a pair of customs from a reliable dealer such as the Jh-5, Ue-4, or even from new companies such as 1964-D. That's of course if you want to make the jump.
Edited by pellegrino10 - 12/4/10 at 1:52pm
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Another headphone vs. AMP/DAC upgrade question thread... 45 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Red Wine Audio Isabellina Pro LFP-V DAC 1 minute ago
- › 2015 - Sony PHA - 1A Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2