I recently purchase a set of UE TF10, unfortunately I could not get a good fit with it. So I was thinking about getting it reshelled at fisher, and maybe get some cables. For the price I am going to spend making it custom, I could get an earsonic SM3. From reading the forum, i know I will get a good seal/fit with the SM3 as i get a good fit with my Westone UM2.. All opnions are welcome, thanks in advance.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/7/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM help: Looking for my last IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Sil3nce - 12/4/10 at 12:45pm
I highly recommend the Sm3. IMO they smoke everything i have previously owned combined ie. TF10, CK10, MTPC, Silver Bullets, Re0's ... IMO opinion you could put all those together and couldn't produce what the Sm3 offers.I really don't see them being over hyped. When you start getting into top tier IEM'S it comes down to preference in the sound you're looking for. I wouldn't waste your money on reshelling the TF10. If your looking for customs i agree with Sil3nce go for one of the suggested. If you are looking for universal i cant help but recommend the Sm3 , it is my fav. at the moment.
X2 on this path. Forget universals and get a good pair of "entry level" customs at that price point ($350+). The JH5s, for example, which I own, were originally priced at $599, but reduced to $399. A tremendous value in my view, and much bette than any high-end universals I have owned, and I have owned a lot. Or, you could try the new 1964 Ears dual customs, which are $125 cheaper than the JH5s. I would rather have the JHA sound and a two-year warranty than the $125 in my pocket. But there is a less expensive path to customs. Reshelling the TF10s does seem like a crapshoot. I would sell the TF10s and invest in the JH5s or 64 Ears customs. You will be happy.
Neither. If you have taken the time to read you would notice there has been quite a few owners of reshelled tf-10s stating that the customs are different or even worse than stock. As for the sm3, It sure is a great universal but I have to also agree that people are finding it overhyped and not worth it. Hence the increased amounts of for sale sm3 on the forum. Best bet? Go for a pair of customs from a reliable dealer such as the Jh-5, Ue-4, or even from new companies such as 1964-D. That's of course if you want to make the jump.
Edited by pellegrino10 - 12/4/10 at 1:52pm
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! just now
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 12 seconds ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › I have been working with electronics for many years and just ran... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Bluetooth IEMs for the Gym - are Jaybird Bluebuds X still the... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3