I recently purchase a set of UE TF10, unfortunately I could not get a good fit with it. So I was thinking about getting it reshelled at fisher, and maybe get some cables. For the price I am going to spend making it custom, I could get an earsonic SM3. From reading the forum, i know I will get a good seal/fit with the SM3 as i get a good fit with my Westone UM2.. All opnions are welcome, thanks in advance.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 12/7/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/7/10
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUE 4Protagged by System, 12/7/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 12/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Mid-High end iem upgrade from re0 Last post on 6/15/11 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM help: Looking for my last IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me find an IEM, as i am becoming an IEM: Internet Exploring Maniac Last post on 6/18/12 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by Sil3nce - 12/4/10 at 12:45pm
I highly recommend the Sm3. IMO they smoke everything i have previously owned combined ie. TF10, CK10, MTPC, Silver Bullets, Re0's ... IMO opinion you could put all those together and couldn't produce what the Sm3 offers.I really don't see them being over hyped. When you start getting into top tier IEM'S it comes down to preference in the sound you're looking for. I wouldn't waste your money on reshelling the TF10. If your looking for customs i agree with Sil3nce go for one of the suggested. If you are looking for universal i cant help but recommend the Sm3 , it is my fav. at the moment.
X2 on this path. Forget universals and get a good pair of "entry level" customs at that price point ($350+). The JH5s, for example, which I own, were originally priced at $599, but reduced to $399. A tremendous value in my view, and much bette than any high-end universals I have owned, and I have owned a lot. Or, you could try the new 1964 Ears dual customs, which are $125 cheaper than the JH5s. I would rather have the JHA sound and a two-year warranty than the $125 in my pocket. But there is a less expensive path to customs. Reshelling the TF10s does seem like a crapshoot. I would sell the TF10s and invest in the JH5s or 64 Ears customs. You will be happy.
Neither. If you have taken the time to read you would notice there has been quite a few owners of reshelled tf-10s stating that the customs are different or even worse than stock. As for the sm3, It sure is a great universal but I have to also agree that people are finding it overhyped and not worth it. Hence the increased amounts of for sale sm3 on the forum. Best bet? Go for a pair of customs from a reliable dealer such as the Jh-5, Ue-4, or even from new companies such as 1964-D. That's of course if you want to make the jump.
Edited by pellegrino10 - 12/4/10 at 1:52pm
- Earsonics SM3 or Fisher Custom TF10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 32 seconds ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Wire Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › So many to choose from. 150$ to 200$ basshead. 2 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe