- 1,761 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Madison, WI
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1 worth? Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR225 > RS1 -- anybody prefer the SR225? Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide - Grado GS-1000 or Grado PS-500 Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Review Of The Remax RM-S1 IEM 06/28/16 So like many I'm not exactly into a super flat sound signature. I like some bass at times, actually pretty much all the time. I own flat...
Music suddenly appreciated with better gear?post #1 of 1212/4/10 at 1:00amThread StarterAre there any styles of music that you weren't into before getting better phones/DAC/amps that you can now appreciate?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1212/4/10 at 1:06ampost #3 of 1212/4/10 at 1:13amMy FM tuner got me into jazz. I never was a fan, but I never disliked the genre. However, the local jazz station sounded so good on the receiver, I kept listening. I'm glad I did.
I've also picked up on several artisrs/groups because their SACD/DVD-A offerings were so good.post #4 of 1212/4/10 at 4:23ampost #5 of 1212/4/10 at 4:34ampost #6 of 1212/4/10 at 4:48ampost #7 of 1212/4/10 at 8:24am
As soon as I got my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5, techno and dubstep became part of my portable music collection. Those headphones really showed off the musicality and not just the constantly thumping basspost #8 of 1212/4/10 at 8:25ampost #9 of 1212/4/10 at 8:32amI never liked jazz, country or blue grass until I got into headphones and started listening to artists like Norah Jones, Tift Merritt, and Alison Krauss for their vocals and well recorded albums.post #10 of 1212/4/10 at 8:43amQuote:
Very true for me as well!
I started paying more attention to recommendations for 'well-recorded' or 'reference' material after I got more involved in building/buying gear a couple of years ago. I found some new artists that I enjoy a lot.
Sadly, (for my wallet) some of my purchases very high-quality recordings of quite mediocre musicians.... so we have to keep in mind that it's the music that counts, not the 'hi-fi'.
Lately I've been asking myself this question when I think about buying new gear (which I don't need, really) "Would this new piece of gear bring more enjoyment than 5/10/20/50 new CDs?".
Johnpost #11 of 1212/4/10 at 10:59ampost #12 of 1212/4/10 at 11:26amBig Band music is something I now enjoy, provided that I am able to find a good quality reproduction. Most of the music recorded in this genre is fairly old, and only the most popular stuff can be easily found in qualities that good equipment won't destroy from being too revealing. Big Band has roots in Jazz, but it's probably far from the style that most would consider to be Jazz when discussing this genre today.
The album, "In the the Digital Mood" from Glenn Miller, is exceptional. This is coming from a listener that snaps his fingers along with Limp Bizkit's "Nookie" or cranks the volume up for a Chemical Brother's track.
- Music suddenly appreciated with better gear?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 5 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Final - Pandora Hope VI (Sonorous VI) 6 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 8 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...