- 1,761 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Madison, WI
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado RS-1 worth? Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado SR225 > RS1 -- anybody prefer the SR225? Last post on 12/15/11 at 12:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me decide - Grado GS-1000 or Grado PS-500 Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:20am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
Music suddenly appreciated with better gear?post #1 of 1212/4/10 at 1:00amThread StarterAre there any styles of music that you weren't into before getting better phones/DAC/amps that you can now appreciate?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1212/4/10 at 1:06ampost #3 of 1212/4/10 at 1:13amMy FM tuner got me into jazz. I never was a fan, but I never disliked the genre. However, the local jazz station sounded so good on the receiver, I kept listening. I'm glad I did.
I've also picked up on several artisrs/groups because their SACD/DVD-A offerings were so good.post #4 of 1212/4/10 at 4:23ampost #5 of 1212/4/10 at 4:34ampost #6 of 1212/4/10 at 4:48ampost #7 of 1212/4/10 at 8:24am
As soon as I got my Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5, techno and dubstep became part of my portable music collection. Those headphones really showed off the musicality and not just the constantly thumping basspost #8 of 1212/4/10 at 8:25ampost #9 of 1212/4/10 at 8:32amI never liked jazz, country or blue grass until I got into headphones and started listening to artists like Norah Jones, Tift Merritt, and Alison Krauss for their vocals and well recorded albums.post #10 of 1212/4/10 at 8:43amQuote:
Very true for me as well!
I started paying more attention to recommendations for 'well-recorded' or 'reference' material after I got more involved in building/buying gear a couple of years ago. I found some new artists that I enjoy a lot.
Sadly, (for my wallet) some of my purchases very high-quality recordings of quite mediocre musicians.... so we have to keep in mind that it's the music that counts, not the 'hi-fi'.
Lately I've been asking myself this question when I think about buying new gear (which I don't need, really) "Would this new piece of gear bring more enjoyment than 5/10/20/50 new CDs?".
Johnpost #11 of 1212/4/10 at 10:59ampost #12 of 1212/4/10 at 11:26amBig Band music is something I now enjoy, provided that I am able to find a good quality reproduction. Most of the music recorded in this genre is fairly old, and only the most popular stuff can be easily found in qualities that good equipment won't destroy from being too revealing. Big Band has roots in Jazz, but it's probably far from the style that most would consider to be Jazz when discussing this genre today.
The album, "In the the Digital Mood" from Glenn Miller, is exceptional. This is coming from a listener that snaps his fingers along with Limp Bizkit's "Nookie" or cranks the volume up for a Chemical Brother's track.
- Music suddenly appreciated with better gear?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Popular Classical Music 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Jays q-JAYS Reference earphones (2nd generation) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 10 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...