- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 1/8/16 at 2:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR - Ex700 help Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones with 100€....150€ max Last post on 3/14/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The "I only have one pair of ears" thread Last post on 1/16/13 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony EX700 filter mod Last post on 3/18/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700post #1 of 512/2/10 at 9:23pmThread StarterFolks. I got a pair of $1.05(shipped) Sony MDR Ex-700 IEMs off eBay. I was curious to see how decent a $1 pair of headphones can sound. I threw them on for a few minutes as soon as I got them. Well they sound NICE. Not as nice as the audio technica ATH-ad500 I recently tried out but very decent. The highs are a little spitty but the bass response is jaw dropping. Not bloated or huge but the extension is terrific. I have an app(testfreq) on my iPhone that can output a sinewave of a particular frequency and I heard decent response down to 20hz(!!). My ATH-ad500 dropped of at about 30-35hz. The next step is that I need to get some better tips, break them in and perform an eval on them. My meelec m6 should get here in a day or two. I can then A/B these two IEMs. Will update with more observations soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/2/10 at 10:22pmpost #3 of 512/2/10 at 10:31pmThread StarterI wouldn't go that far. Have to listen carefully. But can't argue with actual freq response. Btw the iPhone app for testtone generation is called freqgen and not testfreq. It's free and it's an easy way to see how low your IEMs go..post #4 of 512/2/10 at 10:38pm
Was it a buy-it-now or a bid? if it was a buy-it-now can you link it?
edit: nevermind. found something similar
Also, do you have a real copy to compare it to? I would be interested to know how it sounds compared to a real copy.
Edited by lawonga - 12/2/10 at 10:39pmpost #5 of 512/3/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
It was a bid. I think i got lucky. Most of them seem to sell around the $2 to $3 mark..
I don't have a real copy to compare it to. The real MDR-EX700 is an expensive pair of earphones :). Anyway. I spent some more time listening to it. The treble is definitely a bit uncontrolled and the earphones are fatiguing to listen to, sort of. I am still surprised by the low-freq extension.. I need a proper earphone to do a comparison.. So I hope my Meelec M6 gets here soon.
But for folks who want to try it out, it is just $2 or $3 and about 10-12 days of waiting.. .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 2 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 5 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › Audiophonics PCM5102 battery-powered 32-bit, 384kHz DAC with XMOS... 47 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC Vento P55 (New & Refined) Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted! 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendation on wireless headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...