- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 5/17/15 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR - Ex700 help Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones with 100€....150€ max Last post on 3/14/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The "I only have one pair of ears" thread Last post on 1/16/13 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony EX700 filter mod Last post on 3/18/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700post #1 of 512/2/10 at 9:23pmThread StarterFolks. I got a pair of $1.05(shipped) Sony MDR Ex-700 IEMs off eBay. I was curious to see how decent a $1 pair of headphones can sound. I threw them on for a few minutes as soon as I got them. Well they sound NICE. Not as nice as the audio technica ATH-ad500 I recently tried out but very decent. The highs are a little spitty but the bass response is jaw dropping. Not bloated or huge but the extension is terrific. I have an app(testfreq) on my iPhone that can output a sinewave of a particular frequency and I heard decent response down to 20hz(!!). My ATH-ad500 dropped of at about 30-35hz. The next step is that I need to get some better tips, break them in and perform an eval on them. My meelec m6 should get here in a day or two. I can then A/B these two IEMs. Will update with more observations soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/2/10 at 10:22pmpost #3 of 512/2/10 at 10:31pmThread StarterI wouldn't go that far. Have to listen carefully. But can't argue with actual freq response. Btw the iPhone app for testtone generation is called freqgen and not testfreq. It's free and it's an easy way to see how low your IEMs go..post #4 of 512/2/10 at 10:38pm
Was it a buy-it-now or a bid? if it was a buy-it-now can you link it?
edit: nevermind. found something similar
Also, do you have a real copy to compare it to? I would be interested to know how it sounds compared to a real copy.
Edited by lawonga - 12/2/10 at 10:39pmpost #5 of 512/3/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
It was a bid. I think i got lucky. Most of them seem to sell around the $2 to $3 mark..
I don't have a real copy to compare it to. The real MDR-EX700 is an expensive pair of earphones :). Anyway. I spent some more time listening to it. The treble is definitely a bit uncontrolled and the earphones are fatiguing to listen to, sort of. I am still surprised by the low-freq extension.. I need a proper earphone to do a comparison.. So I hope my Meelec M6 gets here soon.
But for folks who want to try it out, it is just $2 or $3 and about 10-12 days of waiting.. .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Review and discussions - Audioengine D1 24/96 USB and Optical... 2 minutes ago
- › Studio Six - A Reference Headphone Amp from ALO Audio - Now Available! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Which high end headphone would you buy at these given prices: 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 12 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2