- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 2/15/15 at 12:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR - Ex700 help Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones with 100€....150€ max Last post on 3/14/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The "I only have one pair of ears" thread Last post on 1/16/13 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony EX700 filter mod Last post on 3/18/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700post #1 of 512/2/10 at 9:23pmThread StarterFolks. I got a pair of $1.05(shipped) Sony MDR Ex-700 IEMs off eBay. I was curious to see how decent a $1 pair of headphones can sound. I threw them on for a few minutes as soon as I got them. Well they sound NICE. Not as nice as the audio technica ATH-ad500 I recently tried out but very decent. The highs are a little spitty but the bass response is jaw dropping. Not bloated or huge but the extension is terrific. I have an app(testfreq) on my iPhone that can output a sinewave of a particular frequency and I heard decent response down to 20hz(!!). My ATH-ad500 dropped of at about 30-35hz. The next step is that I need to get some better tips, break them in and perform an eval on them. My meelec m6 should get here in a day or two. I can then A/B these two IEMs. Will update with more observations soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/2/10 at 10:22pmpost #3 of 512/2/10 at 10:31pmThread StarterI wouldn't go that far. Have to listen carefully. But can't argue with actual freq response. Btw the iPhone app for testtone generation is called freqgen and not testfreq. It's free and it's an easy way to see how low your IEMs go..post #4 of 512/2/10 at 10:38pm
Was it a buy-it-now or a bid? if it was a buy-it-now can you link it?
edit: nevermind. found something similar
Also, do you have a real copy to compare it to? I would be interested to know how it sounds compared to a real copy.
Edited by lawonga - 12/2/10 at 10:39pmpost #5 of 512/3/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
It was a bid. I think i got lucky. Most of them seem to sell around the $2 to $3 mark..
I don't have a real copy to compare it to. The real MDR-EX700 is an expensive pair of earphones :). Anyway. I spent some more time listening to it. The treble is definitely a bit uncontrolled and the earphones are fatiguing to listen to, sort of. I am still surprised by the low-freq extension.. I need a proper earphone to do a comparison.. So I hope my Meelec M6 gets here soon.
But for folks who want to try it out, it is just $2 or $3 and about 10-12 days of waiting.. .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Back-Electret/STAX 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › soldering issuse 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 w/Non-functioning DAC (230V) 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3