- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 6/16/14 at 10:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR - Ex700 help Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones with 100€....150€ max Last post on 3/14/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The "I only have one pair of ears" thread Last post on 1/16/13 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony EX700 filter mod Last post on 3/18/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700post #1 of 512/2/10 at 9:23pmThread StarterFolks. I got a pair of $1.05(shipped) Sony MDR Ex-700 IEMs off eBay. I was curious to see how decent a $1 pair of headphones can sound. I threw them on for a few minutes as soon as I got them. Well they sound NICE. Not as nice as the audio technica ATH-ad500 I recently tried out but very decent. The highs are a little spitty but the bass response is jaw dropping. Not bloated or huge but the extension is terrific. I have an app(testfreq) on my iPhone that can output a sinewave of a particular frequency and I heard decent response down to 20hz(!!). My ATH-ad500 dropped of at about 30-35hz. The next step is that I need to get some better tips, break them in and perform an eval on them. My meelec m6 should get here in a day or two. I can then A/B these two IEMs. Will update with more observations soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/2/10 at 10:22pmpost #3 of 512/2/10 at 10:31pmThread StarterI wouldn't go that far. Have to listen carefully. But can't argue with actual freq response. Btw the iPhone app for testtone generation is called freqgen and not testfreq. It's free and it's an easy way to see how low your IEMs go..post #4 of 512/2/10 at 10:38pm
Was it a buy-it-now or a bid? if it was a buy-it-now can you link it?
edit: nevermind. found something similar
Also, do you have a real copy to compare it to? I would be interested to know how it sounds compared to a real copy.
Edited by lawonga - 12/2/10 at 10:39pmpost #5 of 512/3/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
It was a bid. I think i got lucky. Most of them seem to sell around the $2 to $3 mark..
I don't have a real copy to compare it to. The real MDR-EX700 is an expensive pair of earphones :). Anyway. I spent some more time listening to it. The treble is definitely a bit uncontrolled and the earphones are fatiguing to listen to, sort of. I am still surprised by the low-freq extension.. I need a proper earphone to do a comparison.. So I hope my Meelec M6 gets here soon.
But for folks who want to try it out, it is just $2 or $3 and about 10-12 days of waiting.. .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Good Iem for $100-$200 range 4 seconds ago
- › Mint Schiit Vali amp (and Modi, and RCA cables) 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 20 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 50 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)