- 25 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 Last post on 12/13/14 at 11:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR - Ex700 help Last post on 10/4/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones with 100€....150€ max Last post on 3/14/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The "I only have one pair of ears" thread Last post on 1/16/13 at 9:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony EX700 filter mod Last post on 3/18/12 at 7:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700post #1 of 512/2/10 at 9:23pmThread StarterFolks. I got a pair of $1.05(shipped) Sony MDR Ex-700 IEMs off eBay. I was curious to see how decent a $1 pair of headphones can sound. I threw them on for a few minutes as soon as I got them. Well they sound NICE. Not as nice as the audio technica ATH-ad500 I recently tried out but very decent. The highs are a little spitty but the bass response is jaw dropping. Not bloated or huge but the extension is terrific. I have an app(testfreq) on my iPhone that can output a sinewave of a particular frequency and I heard decent response down to 20hz(!!). My ATH-ad500 dropped of at about 30-35hz. The next step is that I need to get some better tips, break them in and perform an eval on them. My meelec m6 should get here in a day or two. I can then A/B these two IEMs. Will update with more observations soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/2/10 at 10:22pmpost #3 of 512/2/10 at 10:31pmThread StarterI wouldn't go that far. Have to listen carefully. But can't argue with actual freq response. Btw the iPhone app for testtone generation is called freqgen and not testfreq. It's free and it's an easy way to see how low your IEMs go..post #4 of 512/2/10 at 10:38pm
Was it a buy-it-now or a bid? if it was a buy-it-now can you link it?
edit: nevermind. found something similar
Also, do you have a real copy to compare it to? I would be interested to know how it sounds compared to a real copy.
Edited by lawonga - 12/2/10 at 10:39pmpost #5 of 512/3/10 at 8:34amThread Starter
It was a bid. I think i got lucky. Most of them seem to sell around the $2 to $3 mark..
I don't have a real copy to compare it to. The real MDR-EX700 is an expensive pair of earphones :). Anyway. I spent some more time listening to it. The treble is definitely a bit uncontrolled and the earphones are fatiguing to listen to, sort of. I am still surprised by the low-freq extension.. I need a proper earphone to do a comparison.. So I hope my Meelec M6 gets here soon.
But for folks who want to try it out, it is just $2 or $3 and about 10-12 days of waiting.. .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got a pair of fake Sony MDR EX-700
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PC Audio setup: +/- 200 bucks 11 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 22 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone frequency response - amplifier behavior question 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Power amp recommendations for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)