New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MTPC and EBAY

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

There are lots of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers on Ebay for cheap which would make one think that they're fake. However, many of the sellers selling them have good ratings. Opinions?

 

I am currently trying to buy ER 4Ps from: http://cgi.ebay.com/Etymotic-MicroPro-ER-4P-Earphones-Professional-/320623362634?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa6a4424a#ht_500wt_1156

 

Please let me know how to tell if they're fake, either before or after arrival...

post #2 of 14

There is no much room to discuss on this topic anymore. Don't buy it. When you see the price is too good to be true, it is fake.

 

You almost cant find real MTPC in ebay. First, most of the them don't come with warranty from Monster. If so it  is 99% fake already.............

post #3 of 14

Gameboy115 is pretty much right, I tested the waters from a seller with 100% rating and received a fake. Of course the seller says they did not know, but even before I purchased them, I asked the seller if they were the genuine article and they of course said "Yes", which was an outright lie. I would venture to say about 90% of the Monsters on Ebay are fake, they even post pictures of what is in the box and the fakes don't have the Super Tips in the box. If they come from China, they are almost certainly fakes, but so many have made it to our shores (US) that even a seller in NY or Idaho is probably selling fakes.

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 

thanks for the heads up - but they're good sellers :( lol - jk, I'll stay well away from them, thanks!

post #5 of 14

I wonder how all these sellers get such good ratings selling fake stuff!

    I wonder how many people have the fakes (and are even enjoying them) completely unaware that they are not real!!!

post #6 of 14

mybe they arent o.O

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by takoyaki7 View Post

I wonder how all these sellers get such good ratings selling fake stuff!

    I wonder how many people have the fakes (and are even enjoying them) completely unaware that they are not real!!!


Too many, I think.  =\

 

Also, that's an auction.  Watch and see if the price is "too good" once the auction ends. (I seriously doubt they're fakes, maybe stolen or ripped-off, lol.  tongue_smile.gif)  The seller sells a lot of random junk - seems to be the type to get leftovers or stuff with damaged packaging rather than counterfeits.  You could try interrogating the seller.  Always interrogate sellers.  Or you can pass on this and a good deal is bound to turn up somewhere more trustworthy, eventually.


Edited by Mad Max - 12/2/10 at 3:12am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by takoyaki7 View Post

I wonder how all these sellers get such good ratings selling fake stuff!

    I wonder how many people have the fakes (and are even enjoying them) completely unaware that they are not real!!!


Too many, I think.  =\

 

Also, that's an auction.  Watch and see if the price is "too good" once the auction ends. (I seriously doubt they're fakes, maybe stolen or ripped-off, lol.  tongue_smile.gif)  The seller sells a lot of random junk - seems to be the type to get leftovers or stuff with damaged packaging rather than counterfeits.  You could try interrogating the seller.  Always interrogate sellers.  Or you can pass on this and a good deal is bound to turn up somewhere more trustworthy, eventually.


Hmn, cant say I agree with you. From your response, I think I see the reason why there are people still buying those bootleg MTPC on ebay even it is obviously fake. Do you think it is coincide most of ebay sellers selling MTPC at much lower price ?  All of them are coming from stolen goods?

 

 

post #9 of 14

No, I'm only talking about this one particular case.  And I'm not talking about MTPC's either.  -__-'

post #10 of 14

The reason why these seller get good feedback/ratings is because most people can't tell the difference between fake and real, in both appearance and SQ.

If you see any seller with more than one Turbines(any kind) and have Beats for sale, 100% fake.

 

If they're from China, 100% fake
 

If it's under $80 Buy It Now(regular Turbine), 100% fake

 

post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSC549 View Post

...
If you see any seller with more than one Turbines(any kind) and have Beats for sale, 100% fake.

 

If they're from China, 100% fake
 

If it's under $80 Buy It Now(regular Turbine), 100% fake

 

 

None of which apply in this case.  I'd personally be bidding if I was interested in that ER4, but I do not not deny that it is a gamble - but that depends on how the seller answers whatever questions I throw at him.

Also, you guys are using situational generalizations of which the seller has none of the signs.

 

Once again, should OP feel unsafe about it, just forget it.  (And OP should be asking the seller for proof of authenticity, close-up photos, etc.)

post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSC549 View Post

...
If you see any seller with more than one Turbines(any kind) and have Beats for sale, 100% fake.

 

If they're from China, 100% fake
 

If it's under $80 Buy It Now(regular Turbine), 100% fake

 

 

None of which apply in this case.  I'd personally be bidding if I was interested in that ER4, but I do not not deny that it is a gamble - but that depends on how the seller answers whatever questions I throw at him.

Also, you guys are using situational generalizations of which the seller has none of the signs.

 

Once again, should OP feel unsafe about it, just forget it.  (And OP should be asking the seller for proof of authenticity, close-up photos, etc.)



Photo? Seller could capture the real picture from other places ......like headfi^^

 

Proof of authenticity? He would  tell you it is imported from somewhere far away and he would give his word it is "100%" real^^

 

No point doing that. Just know the fact that you cant buy real MTPC on ebay is enough for me

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy115 View Post

Photo? Seller could capture the real picture from other places ......like headfi^^

 

Proof of authenticity? He would  tell you it is imported from somewhere far away and he would give his word it is "100%" real^^

 

...


Picture including a handwritten this or that, etc.

 

Pics of this or that which would show it is real or not, etc.

 

Lastly, OP is asking about an ER4 auction.  Also, I've never heard of fake ER4 earphones.

 

Now that I think about it, OP is implying he is already bidding anyway, lol.

 

 

 

Quote:
Just know the fact that you cant buy real MTPC with monster warranty on ebay is enough for me

 

I agree.

There's one authorized seller, though that's more relevant to your argument than mine.


Edited by Mad Max - 12/2/10 at 9:09pm
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 

Yes I'm gonna try to bid for the er 4p but only to a certain limit and there are like 7 others bidding on it and I probably won't get it. In that case, I will probably try to go for the MTPCs on EBAY or just buy the HF5s which I hear are pretty much as good as the ER 4Ps Unamped...I mainly listen to rock/trance and I've never used any IEMs...sound like a good plan to you guys? If the bass lacks on the HF5s I could just EQ it for more bass couldn't I?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: