- 13,855 Posts. Joined 5/2004
- Location: Middle of Johor, Malaysia.
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHiFiMAN HM-801tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Next DAP needed, 801 dead. What next? 901. C4, AK100,X3/5/7, DX50/90/100 Last post on 3/31/14 at 11:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman HM801 plus 32GB SD Card SOLD! Last post on 12/5/13 at 3:55pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- HM-801 headphone output repair ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 7:02am in Portable Source Gear
- Amp for use with HM-801 and DT1350? Last post on 11/4/13 at 7:22pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Complete HM801 Package Last post on 10/27/13 at 9:33am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
[REVIEW] HifiMan HM602 and HM801 (w/ balanced amp module impression) - Page 3post #31 of 10712/22/10 at 3:42amThread StarterI don't really know where the issue is as I simply remove tag from FLAC files and replace them with the simplest ID3 v1, no album art what so ever. Seem to work for me so far.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 10712/22/10 at 7:43amQuote:
So you renamed all your file names to include the albums as well?
I'm now thinking that filing by directory is the way to go...
Is there any way to make sure that the directory is listed numerically/alphabetically instead of by most recent?post #33 of 10712/22/10 at 9:14amQuote:
Strange. With my 601 I need to include the album art as a tag or else the tags that come out on the 601 screen come out twice or at least that's what I've concluded.post #34 of 10712/22/10 at 9:56amThread Starter
All my files are named in such fashion: track number-album name, then organized in folder by default. As for sorting, I think there is a software people used to sort the drive called drivesort, but I never use it before.post #35 of 10712/22/10 at 5:33pm
Ok was listening to my DACPort and 602 DAC this evening. Man the DACPort is just ruthless and compared to the 602 it's very digital and unforgiving. I have to say the dynamic range is more extended and it is very, very revealing. I definitely can get fatigued more easily on the DACPort and that's w/ my somewhat modded T50RP which is a touch on the warm side. I think Beyers + DACPort could be murderous on my ears. Surprisingly the 602 is incredibly adept as a DAC. Much better than i was expecting. It sounds fantastic w/ its NOS DAC and really doesn't leave much if anything behind as far as detail considering its signature. Highly recommended. Using my 602/Arrow combo I can tell you there is quite a bit more headroom for Headphones than the DACPort or the 602 alone. On certain tracks the DACPort can get pegged max gain driving my Fostex. No such issue on the 602/Arrow. The DACPort is obviously brighter and actually hisses more than the 602/Arrow. If you absolutely have to pick every last bit of detail out and analyze it go DACPort. Beware of a bit more hiss, less headroom and potential fatigue compared to the 602/Arrow though. If you listen to a lot of low bit rate stuff avoid the DACPort, it will tear it to shreds.
Edit - Looks like I found a way to play my 24bit/88.2 files on the 602. Use the USB DAC. Odd, wont play through the player but will through USB.post #36 of 10712/22/10 at 5:37pmThread Starterpost #37 of 10712/23/10 at 11:49ampost #38 of 1073/28/11 at 11:17pmThread Starter
A slight news update to the HM602 - HM603 will be officially announced around April. It is the same player as HM602 but with a different amp section. As some of you may have known that HM602 has the same amp section as the HM801's OP2107 amp module. HM603 will have the same amp section as the Power amp module which is shipped with all current HM801. No other detail atm.post #39 of 1073/29/11 at 12:24amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
A slight news update to the HM602 - HM603 will be officially announced around April. It is the same player as HM602 but with a different amp section. As some of you may have known that HM602 has the same amp section as the HM801's OP2107 amp module. HM603 will have the same amp section as the Power amp module which is shipped with all current HM801. No other detail atm.
I assume this is an upgrade as I haven't followed the 801 or the cards to much degree. What is to be expected from the change? I assume this won't affect the LO at all?post #40 of 1073/29/11 at 12:36amThread Starter
I don't think the LO will be affected. As for whether it is an upgrade or not is still up in the air - for what I know, the Power amp card does indeed has higher output for big cans, but there are still people who like the OPA2107 module better (at least that's what I read on erji.net).post #41 of 1073/29/11 at 12:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ClieOS
I don't think the LO will be affected. As for whether it is an upgrade or not is still up in the air - for what I know, the Power amp card does indeed has higher output for big cans, but there are still people who like the OPA2107 module better (at least that's what I read on erji.net).
Thank you sir.post #42 of 1074/1/11 at 12:06pmpost #43 of 1075/4/11 at 7:05amThread Starter
I posted this in DIY forum as well. My own digital coax for HM801: Cardas GRLM RCA plug, Nexans RG179 75ohm coax, Neutrik 3.5mm plug. About 1m in length.post #44 of 1077/4/11 at 10:26pmpost #45 of 1078/23/11 at 1:53pm
OK... back to tagging FLAC for HiFiMan. I just got a 602. Does the HiFiMan Artist selection not take you to a sub listing by Album (mine doesn't)? And does the Album selection not take you to a sub listing by Artist (again, mine doesn't)?
When I go to Artist, I get all songs in every album by the artist. Since the files names start with the track number, all the track 1's for every album are first in the list. This kinda sux. And if this is the case, how does everyone using HiFiMan DAPs tag/name their files to sort through them in some meaningful way?
- [REVIEW] HifiMan HM602 and HM801 (w/ balanced amp module impression)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › VC02 not working, spotty sound. just now
- › worst date stories 40 seconds ago
- › Is it me or does Sony have the shortest warranty on earth 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: AKG K501 and STAX LNS (Lambda Nova Signature) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob